Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VM Broadband Vote

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

VM Broadband Vote
View Poll Results: Broadband Vote
I Love It 49 92.45%
I Hate It 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23-03-2017, 13:44   #1
DJSADERS
Ex - McNicholas Guildford

Services: Sky Q 1TB, 2 x Sky Q Minis, Virgin Media Business Voom Fibre 2
DJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to DJSADERS
Question VM Broadband Vote

I love my Virgin broadband and always have, i have minor glitches occasionally but these are fixed fairly quickly.

At the moment on the 150MB speed i'm hitting 180 - 190MB (18Mbp/s - 20Mbp/s)... But i always seem to see people slating the VM internet.... BT can't even supply 4MB to my area and i live on an housing estate a mile out of the town centre.

I just want to see how many people feel the same

Last edited by DJSADERS; 23-03-2017 at 14:09.
DJSADERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-03-2017, 14:27   #2
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: VM Broadband Vote

Personally I love my 200/20

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 15:26   #3
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

My 200/12 is fine, I get that 24/7.

If I had to pick fault, I'd say the upload should be a bit higher.
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 15:38   #4
Gobble
cf.addict

Services: Gig1 SH4-AX86U, Stream
Gobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really nice

if the Hub 3's faults were fixed, then I'd be happy as Larry.

P.S. You're getting B and b's mixed up
Gobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 16:23   #5
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

I'm on the upgraded 70/5 and it suits me fine as I do most of my up/downloads during daytime and never see any significant limiting/congestion/capping.
Old 23-03-2017, 16:31   #6
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Im on 150mbit with Hub3 and always get max speed at the moment so i am very happy with it. Planning on downgrading to 100mbit at the end of the month when the new packages come in.

---------- Post added at 15:31 ---------- Previous post was at 15:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobble View Post
if the Hub 3's faults were fixed, then I'd be happy as Larry.

P.S. You're getting B and b's mixed up
What faults?
Old 23-03-2017, 16:33   #7
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Love it, very few problems, Superhub 2ac has been faultless, I have been with VM 20 years.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 19:13   #8
Gobble
cf.addict

Gobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post

What faults?
The latency issue with that and all other Puma 6 modems. I won't get into issues with it as a router as I just use mine as a modem now.
Old 23-03-2017, 19:21   #9
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Simply the best....
Old 23-03-2017, 20:18   #10
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
The latency issue with that and all other Puma 6 modems. I won't get into issues with it as a router as I just use mine as a modem now.
I don't have a latency issue, as it doesn't affect my ping as far as i can tell regardless what the TBB graph looks like, i just did a quick test and i have a ping of 22 and jitter is 3 which as far as i remember is no worse than my SH2ac, seems fine to me here what is yours like?

Last edited by SnoopZ; 23-03-2017 at 20:24.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 20:42   #11
Gobble
cf.addict

Quote:
I don't have a latency issue, as it doesn't affect my ping as far as i can tell regardless what the TBB graph looks like, i just did a quick test and i have a ping of 22 and jitter is 3 which as far as i remember is no worse than my SH2ac, seems fine to me here what is yours like?
How many downstream channels are you on? I'm on 16 and my TBB graph looks a lot worse than the 2ac. I did a fair bit of testing and whilst we don't get the issue as bad as those across the pond, we do get it for a gamer like me, just not the best situation to be in. There's a large thread about it on VM's site in the gaming support bit if you want a look. Seems a fix is out there now, but as/when intel/Arris get it out and the VM test and implement it is probably not a quick thing
Old 23-03-2017, 21:13   #12
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
How many downstream channels are you on? I'm on 16 and my TBB graph looks a lot worse than the 2ac. I did a fair bit of testing and whilst we don't get the issue as bad as those across the pond, we do get it for a gamer like me, just not the best situation to be in. There's a large thread about it on VM's site in the gaming support bit if you want a look. Seems a fix is out there now, but as/when intel/Arris get it out and the VM test and implement it is probably not a quick thing
I have 16 down and 2 up, i was a beta tester for the Hub3 so i knew about the graph since day 1, but in all honesty it doesn't make any difference to my connection and at times am also a gamer and no issues there either as far as i can tell.
Old 23-03-2017, 22:40   #13
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

I am very happy with my Virgin 300Mb/20Mb. I get 332Mb/21Mb and only 11Ms latency 24/7.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2017, 17:49   #14
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Last night my internet got upgraded to 24 down and 2 up, graph obviously has more yellow now but i have the same ping and jitter as before.
Old 25-03-2017, 01:30   #15
Gobble
cf.addict

Quote:
Last night my internet got upgraded to 24 down and 2 up, graph obviously has more yellow now but i have the same ping and jitter as before.
ICMP traffic is just one element to the issue and those ping tests aren't worth the paper they're printed on. There are better tests you can do, but means setting up plotters etc. What I can tell you is that the hub 3 does suffer with it. How much people notice is partly the reason it went under the radar so long, but those initial BQM's during the trial now make more sense.

Intel in all there wisdom seems to have relied on software to do a job the hardware should have been doing... essentially like a VM.
Anyway, don't want to run too off topic, but I can send you some literature when I get some time if you're interested in PM or something.