Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience
View Poll Results: My personal experience of Virgin Media customer service has been:
Excellent- I've never had any problems with them 249 18.91%
Generally OK 315 23.92%
Hit 'n' Miss - about 50/50 273 20.73%
Poor- they normally mess it up 239 18.15%
Awful - never had a useful phonecall to them 241 18.30%
Voters: 1317. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-02-2007, 00:03   #1
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W
Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

This thread is for everyone to note their good/ bad experiences with Virgin Media's customer service department.

Please vote in the poll, and if you have an additional comments please feel free to leave them here!
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2007, 11:21   #2
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

How about adding another button?

"Never had to call them"
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 14:21   #3
walfordking
Inactive

walfordking is an unknown quantity at this point

Hold on, Isn't it a little early yet. We haven't got all the services yet. When it's up and fully running then I'll vote.
walfordking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 14:35   #4
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

rang sales, call answered fast, uk call centre, following the virgin media message I then got a guy answering ntl sales so he forgot the new company name.

overall tho since I last rang ntl a better experience.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 15:36   #5
awibble
Inactive

Services: FreeView FreeSat SKY+ (6 Mix) BT Phone (comming soon) V+ XL - TV XL - PHONE XL - BB SKY-MOV
awibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant futureawibble has a brilliant future

when i called to change the package i ordered...

phone answered fast, plesent staff, knew what i wanted and how to give it to me. Quick and efficent..

But the most important thing for me was that they where in the UK.
awibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 16:27   #6
Justy
Inactive

Justy has a spectacular aura about themJusty has a spectacular aura about themJusty has a spectacular aura about themJusty has a spectacular aura about them

rang customer services yesterday and got a guy who answered the fone 'hi, your thru to A*** at the link, how can I help'. I quickly hung up and redialled.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 17:48   #7
savvychels
cf.geek

Services: VIP120 w/ TiVo x2
savvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpack

Haven't voted yet. Mine would have to be somewhere between Generally OK and Excellent, but I think that's because they were excessively busy today with the rollout.

Called to subscribe to V+ and was told it would be a 5 minute wait (by the automated service). Answered in 2 mintues, but told it was the wrong department and put me through elsewhere. Picked up in about 2 minutes, bu told it was the wrong department again. On hold another 20 minutes (automated voice said 10) so wasn't happy with the wait, however was extremely pleased with the service once I got through. At that point the agent knew exactly what I was needing, went through all the things with me, recommended the best package for my usage (and very little difference in price) and told me about some of the new things. I have an app't next week for the install and am only paying £11 a month more than already for TONS more services.

Am reserving my vote to see how it goes over the next few weeks, but overall once I got through it was excellent.
savvychels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 20:02   #8
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star

nobody has to vote straight away... that is why the thread is a sticky! It'll always be there at the top when you have had time to form an opinion.

The poll is open indefinately.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:24   #9
jcuk
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL Broadband 20Mb / XL Digital TV / Virgin Phone
jcuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to jcuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justy View Post
rang customer services yesterday and got a guy who answered the fone 'hi, your thru to A*** at the link, how can I help'. I quickly hung up and redialled.
lol, yeah i wondered how that would pan out!

we reckon you know who your calling so why tell ya?

oh and saavychels, yeah man i see what your sayin there, and the main problem is our 3 billing systems! sorry to hear bout it but hope your v+ turns out good
jcuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:18   #10
jdh2805
Inactive

Services: London - VIP service NYC - SA PVR + 2 STBs, VOD, Premium Broadband
jdh2805 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to jdh2805
Smile Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

I rang Customer Service at 08:00 on Friday to upgrade to the VIP service and, the phone having been answered straight away, was connected to a very friendly lady who, within a couple of minutes, upgraded my service. The entire experience reminded me of the excellent service I receive when phoning the Virgin Atlantic Premier team.

Well done and more power to Sir Richard!!
jdh2805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:29   #11
zing_deleted

voted hit and miss as this week ive experienced both sides, Firstly whilst my net was off I called tech and was given the usual run around test this test that even though the modem ready wouldnt fix and was obviously something network related. Was lied to about fix dates to get me into the weekend and then Indian call centre zone that was as much use as a chocolate teapot but this was all made good by 2 knowledgable engineers coming round and replacing all my old connectors (installed when they dug the street up many years ago and old type) thus giving me back the world so its a engineers and for tech support.
Then I had my first bill after tv drive and what mess that was I was charged for 2 months BB I was given some of the discounts others were missed and my billing date was changed to mid march from end feb. The end figure somehow was about right but I called to make sure everything was on my account properly. A loverly lass answered straight away saw I was over charged for BB and said she would credit it.I then said this would make my bill to low and she replied so what we have made a mistake this is the easiest way to sort it and of course I said thank you very much . Big to CS
Old 10-02-2007, 18:29   #12
Justy
Inactive

Justy has a spectacular aura about themJusty has a spectacular aura about themJusty has a spectacular aura about themJusty has a spectacular aura about them

I called the Virgin Media recruitment hotline yesterday and I really was surprised. Things within Virgin Media are really improving!!! Keep up the good work!
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 18:42   #13
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justy View Post
I called the Virgin Media recruitment hotline yesterday and I really was surprised. Things within Virgin Media are really improving!!! Keep up the good work!
Is that they are improving, or they will improve when they give you a job
Old 10-02-2007, 20:27   #14
BYTHEWAY
Inactive

BYTHEWAY is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

I had my new Virgin V Box installed today, Engineer took over Two Hours to finalise the installation, he seemed to be having a lot of problems setting it up.

When he had finished he asked if I knew how to operate the system? I told him No, he then proceeded to show me, which went completely over my head, but not to worry as i could view the manual at my leisure-NOT!!

I dont have any manuals said the Engineer, but it is quite straightforward, I will show you again, which he did, and once again was not registering within the old brainbox.

Not to worry, so he left, what i ad not realised was that there were no instructions for the remote either, No problem, I will use the help guides service, if can fathom out how to get to it?

Got to view the help guides, but the remote control they were using bore no resemblence to the "Telewest Broadband"? one that i was given? I coulld not use the volume buttons on this either as it made no impact at all when pressing Vol+ or Vol -

I telephoned Customer Service and complained , they apologised and said the manuals will be sent out soon but made no comment in respect of the remote control manual they did advise that there is a major outage which is why the volume wont operate and this will be fixed by 27th Feb.

Since then the Darn thing has constantly been freezing, and when attempting to view recodings kept requesting a a PIN which was not given to me, so i had to phone them up again last night, i now have my own PIN.

Whilst i appreciate Virgin are just starting up my experience so far is one of complete astonishment, if this is the way in which they intend to continue then i am sorry but I for one will not be remaining with then, I have sent them an E.Mail, which as yet has not bbeen acknowledged,
BYTHEWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 21:15   #15
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

sky+ box I notice sometimes can freeze momentarily as well simply watching tv and also lags when doing stuff like switching channels, I wonder if v+ has suffered from the same mistake of not enough horsepower to operate the thing.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote