Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 13-03-2017, 00:48   #4771
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

I am absolutely gutted that this is the last time we are going to see Wolverine and Professor X. I can still remember going to see X-Men with my two best friends at the cinema 17 years ago
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-03-2017, 23:06   #4772
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I have been a busy bee at the cinema recently:

John Wick 8/10: not the best film ever but a great action flick which built on the story of the first one and bucked the trend by being better imho.

Patriots Day 7/10: I love films based on true stories and action aside, this did a great job of showing you what went on behind the scenes when we were watching the news and press conferences

The Great Wall 6/10: I enjoyed it but couldn't help but feel the whole purpose of the feel was to glorify China and their culture and throw some monsters in the middle. I loved it though, I love seeing great empires in all their glory with the military precision of choreography and all the costumes.

Kong: Skull Island 5/10: Biggest disappointment of the year for me so far. I was happy to see Kong still turned out to be a good guy and was not captured but I felt like the film wasn't supposed to be about him and more of an "explore the Jurassic park" which happened to be part of. I still would have enjoyed it for the action and bad guys but there was something missing in it for me and it felt hollow.

Four good films coming up very soon which I am looking forward to:

Beauty and the Beast
Power Rangers
Fast 8 (midnight premiere)
Ghost in the Shell (midnight premiere)
Old 16-03-2017, 13:14   #4773
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

The Young Offenders 9/10

A surprisingly good film.
Old 24-03-2017, 09:05   #4774
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Resident evil: The final chapter. 4/10

Mediocre ending to an average at best franchise. Loved the first, enjoyed the second but it started nose diving pretty quickly after that albeit with a semi decent film in between.

Hopefully it can now get the reboot it deserves and become more than just a 'loosely based on' adaptation.
Old 25-03-2017, 07:50   #4775
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Rings 2/10 worst film I've watched for ages
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2017, 04:12   #4776
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Power Rangers - 8/10

really fun and enjoyable with a few really well placed nods to the original MMPR series. Only a few small faults for me were the pacing and a couple of editing issues.

Great update to a classic series and just on the right side of being darker and more grown up.
Old 27-03-2017, 02:19   #4777
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Power Rangers - 8/10
I am looking forward to seeing it this week

Life - 4/10
I honestly wouldn't bother going to see it at the cinema. It is a space sci-fi horror (and the trailer makes it look better than it actually is) and if you turn your brain off you would think it is good. Unfortunately if you leave it on you will realise the whole thing would never happen because the characters do things that they wouldn't do in real life and they have omitted technology that is present on the ISS and exists in real life in order to fit the story line.
Old 27-03-2017, 09:33   #4778
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Shame the wiki synopsis looks pretty good (spoilers)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_(2017_film))

Last edited by Stephen; 27-03-2017 at 09:54. Reason: Fixed link
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2017, 12:04   #4779
General Maximus
Ran Away

It really isn't. Without going into too much detail and I am not spoiling anything (and this is just one example), each of the charcters takes it in turn of being in mortal danger and instead of putting the safety of the space station or Earth first, which is what they would be trained to do and would do instinctively because of their background (CDC, Air Force etc), they instead opt for self preservation knowing that they are facilitating further contamination and risk.

I enjoy films like Aliens where they accidentally put themselves in a perilous situation and despite their best efforts they can't get out of it, but this is just stupid because they are so many times when things happen which you know just wouldn't and is completely unrealistic.
Old 02-04-2017, 22:04   #4780
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Ghost in the Shell. Pretty good, certainly very well shot and scored. The kind of film you should see in the cinema.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 20:07   #4781
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Ghost in the Shell. Pretty good, certainly very well shot and scored. The kind of film you should see in the cinema.
l have heard its pretty good although some critics don't seem to like it that much.
Old 03-04-2017, 20:32   #4782
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Its been seriously panned by the critics/box office revenue, bet it'll be a cult film in a few years though.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 20:38   #4783
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

If you take a classic animé and make a live version there are many who consider that as sacrelage. I'll reserve judgement until I've seen it and can compair it to the original.
Old 03-04-2017, 21:14   #4784
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
Its been seriously panned by the critics/box office revenue, bet it'll be a cult film in a few years though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
If you take a classic animé and make a live version there are many who consider that as sacrelage. I'll reserve judgement until I've seen it and can compair it to the original.
I haven't seen the original but I am guessing that is what has happened. The film I saw was a decent, competent, entertaining film which looked amazing in terms of how it was shot. It's not the greatest film of the year or anything but it's better than the reviews that are coming out.

There was also a backlash against the casting of a white American actor to play a part which many perceived as being an Asian character (the creator has said the race isn't important, given the story it would make sense why) so that may have played a part.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 21:14   #4785
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

l am looking forward to seeing Beauty and the beast sometime soon.