Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BELKIN Router/Adapter Problem.....HELP PLEASE!!!!!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BELKIN Router/Adapter Problem.....HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Old 07-02-2008, 23:50   #31
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
Re: BELKIN Router/Adapter Problem.....HELP PLEASE!!!!!

okay in device manager you go to Universal Serial Bus controllers and check whats the most common name; ie, intel, via, sis, nforce etc etc
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2008, 23:55   #32
andy21
Inactive

andy21 is an unknown quantity at this point

its an 802.11g-54 Mbps and on the back its a v4002 uk with a Mac address too.

---------- Post added at 23:55 ---------- Previous post was at 23:54 ----------

there are two listed.

Standard Universal PCI to USB Host Controller
and USB Root Hub
andy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 00:04   #33
DocDutch
argh

DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

okay, download the following driver
http://www.belkin.com/uk/support/art...0v4drivers.exe

this is a driver only install, so it wont use the belkin utility. you would have to uninstall the present software before installing that.
Old 08-02-2008, 00:07   #34
popper
Inactive

popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy21 View Post
Tried to ping 192.168.2.55 from XP PC and got a Request Timed out
Sent 4 Rec 0 Lost 4

Tried ping 192.168.2.55 from Vista PC and got Destination Host Unreachable and then
Sent 4 Rec 4 Lost 0

---------- Post added at 23:48 ---------- Previous post was at 23:46 ----------

Am in Device Manager, but unsure what info u looking 4.
is it me or is that MAD, its saying its unreachable BUT it receaved all the ping responses back

im just looking for confirmation that the routers current IP is infact 192.168.2.1

and seeing if you can get some form of pinging at least one way, so confirming there is at least some part of the LAN to and/or from the USB wireless PC working .

as Doc says it looks like a full reinstall is in order, as it appears the USB is connecting to the router so its working to some degree and so im inclined to think its OK on the hardware side.

the fact your on 'Connection 17' means you have been trying a long time to fix this so we will try to guide you.

id be inclined to also remove all the ethernet devices inside device manager and start afresh, as starting from no TCP:ip devices installed means we are clearing the old windows code/apps and re-installing these too, alongside your belkin drivers.

im off as well though right now as i need to get stuff done and cover some other bits etc.

just give Doc that belkin USB version number as its very important to be sure were to go, if thats not given he cant tell if theres a known problem with it.
popper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 00:10   #35
DocDutch
argh

am off now Andy, so I'll be around tomorrow again see if we can sort this problem out for ya.
Old 08-02-2008, 00:15   #36
andy21
Inactive

Thanks Doc, Hope you get this in time b4 u go. Your help is greatly appreciated. C u 2 moz. Will c if popper will chat some more b 4 he goes 2.
Old 08-02-2008, 00:18   #37
DocDutch
argh

there is an option that is possible to do, but not always the best..... remote login :s meaning I take the laptop over if its wired into the router and install the bugger for you....but last ditch resort.

---------- Post added at 00:18 ---------- Previous post was at 00:18 ----------

and not for tonight
Old 08-02-2008, 00:38   #38
andy21
Inactive

I am still here, but only just coz me thinks its time to call it a day 2. Not sure yet what best to do about this goddamn Belkin x!/$*@# but I have just copied the driver install onto a disc, thanx 4 that Doc, and will transfer to the laptop in the morning. Will catch up with you guys then, be around 10 or 11 I reckon.

---------- Post added at 00:38 ---------- Previous post was at 00:30 ----------

popper, u still there
Old 08-02-2008, 10:09   #39
DocDutch
argh

okay so uninstall the current driver that you have on the stick. also can you make double sure that on the USB adapter it is saying v4000uk.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:06   #40
andy21
Inactive

Hi Doc,
I just got to your new message, and thanks 4 that.
I can confirm that the version of the USB stick reads v4002uk
and not v4000uk as in your last msg.
Can you step by step me to uninstall the driver so I don't mess up.
Andy
Old 08-02-2008, 11:23   #41
popper
Inactive

popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array

morning chaps....

before you install the driver again,unplug the USB,go into the device drivers networking too and remove all ethernet devices.

the best way to do this is to remove all devices including the old hidden ones like this:
we are talking xp sp2 on the lappy right?.

click start,right click 'my computer/manage,

left click 'device manager',

in 'computer management' click view,'show hidden devices'

then you should see all the old network devices ,remove every single one of them and that will get you back to generic.

im assuming theres no built in wired ethernet, and so you can now plug in the USB wireless card, OR reset and let the windows auto-install any removed ethernet if there is infact one inside the lappy.

doing that replaces any old TCP/IP code and apps and reinstalls it, but that only really happens when you remove all the ethernet, even the odd firewire networking devices your machine might have there.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:41   #42
andy21
Inactive

Hi Popper,

I am in Computer Management - Device Manager, I clicked View and selected
Show Hidden Devices, and now I have a list of stuff showing for my lappie.
Now I'm really stuck as to what to select next.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:50   #43
popper
Inactive

remove EVERYTHING in 'network adaptors'

did you say it has a wired ethernet, i forget?, if so after you have removed it all one at a time without rebooting, then its better to have windows reinstall the wired ethernet first before you re-plug the USB wireless card back in and reinstall that driver too.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:56   #44
andy21
Inactive

In Network Adapters, the first one listed is as follows:
3Com 3C920 Integrated Fast Ethernet Controller (3C905C-TX Compatible)
and under that is:
3Com 3C920 Integrated Fast Ethernet Controller (3C905C-TX Compatible) Packet Scheduler Miniport.

Does that mean it has wired ethernet then?
Old 08-02-2008, 12:01   #45
popper
Inactive

yep, just reset or use the right click 'scan for hardware changes' BEFORE WE move onto pluging the USB back in.

windows will find all the currently attached devices you have removed from the list and re-install them plus all the TCP:ip networking stuff.

---------- Post added at 12:01 ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 ----------

Doc can use that wired 3Com 3C920 Ethernet if it comes down to wireing up that port to the router, and do the remote install if needs be, but it will work this time, so no need