Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Connecting A Windows Mobile 5 up to a wireless network?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Connecting A Windows Mobile 5 up to a wireless network?

Old 30-12-2007, 14:10   #46
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Connecting A Windows Mobile 5 up to a wireless network?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callumpy View Post
Thanks anyway, bloody phone, i might complain to the seller!
The advert for it doesn't make the suggestion that the phone is WIFI capable, so I can't see a reason for a legitimate complaint.

Check my editted post above for mini-sd wifi cards.

The second link I posted if for a reasonably priced 54Mbps card.
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-12-2007, 14:12   #47
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

Callumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant future

i might get a mini SD thing, only problem is, i have to remove my storage card!

Unless you can get a wireless adapter with storage on it?
Callumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2007, 14:13   #48
kryogenik

Try and buy stuff in the UK mate - saves for a lot of heartache when things go wrong in my experience.
I read into using cards as WLAN when I was wanting to use my P910i (for sale by the way.. ) with one - it didn't look difficult, though I never got round to buying one for it.
Old 30-12-2007, 14:13   #49
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
i might get a mini SD thing, only problem is, i have to remove my storage card!

Unless you can get a wireless adapter with storage on it?

You may be able to, but it's not going to be much.
My old CF card wifi has 128MB space on it.

Are you planning on using wifi around the house or out around town?
Old 30-12-2007, 14:15   #50
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

Callumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant future

around the house and if i go to my families houses! Ill have to take bothe the cards with me!

Thank you anyway everybody who has posted in this thread!
Old 30-12-2007, 14:17   #51
Xaccers
Inactive

Well if its around your house, you can set up a blue tooth connection to a PC and use that.
Old 30-12-2007, 14:23   #52
kryogenik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaccers View Post
Well if its around your house, you can set up a blue tooth connection to a PC and use that.
God! That brings back awful memories!
I could NOT get that to work and is why I bought this SPV.

Good luck Callumpy whatever way you go - let us know how you get on.
Old 30-12-2007, 14:24   #53
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaccers View Post
How?
Old 30-12-2007, 14:30   #54
Xaccers
Inactive

Quote:
How?
Set up a blue tooth active synch with your pc if memory serves.
Will see if I can sort it out with my PDA and give instructions, unless you manage it
Old 30-12-2007, 14:36   #55
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

i use active sync but i never managed to do it via bluetooth

i think i'll buy one of those cards!
Old 30-12-2007, 14:41   #56
GeoffW
Inactive

GeoffW has a spectacular aura about themGeoffW has a spectacular aura about themGeoffW has a spectacular aura about themGeoffW has a spectacular aura about them

My experience with SD Wifi cards is not good, the drivers are flaky and they stick out the side of the handset. In the end I ditched my IPAQ and went for one with Wifi inbuilt.
GeoffW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2007, 14:43   #57
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

heh

---------- Post added at 14:43 ---------- Previous post was at 14:43 ----------

i still want one!
Old 30-12-2007, 14:56   #58
kryogenik

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffW View Post
My experience with SD Wifi cards is not good, the drivers are flaky and they stick out the side of the handset. In the end I ditched my IPAQ and went for one with Wifi inbuilt.

Thanks for that. That'll help.
I've been trying to convince my friend not to buy this 2210 someone's trying to 'palm' off on him and buy something with Wi-Fi already enabled, as I know it'll be me that has to help set the damn thing up with a Wi-Fi card.
Old 30-12-2007, 15:04   #59
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

lol, ive just ordered a WiFi card off ebay!

Thanks everyone for your help!
Old 30-12-2007, 15:25   #60
Xaccers
Inactive

Well I'm now on my ipaq via blue tooth and it was so easy!

Set a cabled activesync connection up first.
Add an incomming BT comm port on your BT enabled PC such as comm 7.
In activesync click on File - Connection Settings and tick the 3rd box down and set it to the comm port you set up in BT such as comm 7.
In BT manager on the PDA set a new activesync connection, pair the devices if prompted and you're done.

---------- Post added at 15:25 ---------- Previous post was at 15:20 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryogenik View Post
Thanks for that. That'll help.
I've been trying to convince my friend not to buy this 2210 someone's trying to 'palm' off on him and buy something with Wi-Fi already enabled, as I know it'll be me that has to help set the damn thing up with a Wi-Fi card.
iPaq H2210?
One of these?

Do him a favour and tell him to get it!
Best ipaq I've ever owned, damn sight faster than my new one, CF and SD slots.
If he wants wifi, he can have the SanDisk wifi card I've got upstairs (will have to dig it out).