Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Connecting A Windows Mobile 5 up to a wireless network?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Connecting A Windows Mobile 5 up to a wireless network?

Old 30-12-2007, 13:30   #31
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to bopdude
Re: Connecting A Windows Mobile 5 up to a wireless network?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callumpy View Post
thanks bopdude, i'll have a look

---------- Post added at 13:18 ---------- Previous post was at 13:08 ----------

Ive installed it but the disclaimer goes off the edge of the screen!

my phone is a lanscape screen the programme must have been made for a portrait one
Change your view to fit screen or similar or what ever suits you best, there are a lot of options, of course I'm talking from an XDA and similar's point of view, I would imagine you have something similar. So, you have it installed, is your wi-fi on ? If so, what happens now when you start HH ?
bopdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-12-2007, 13:35   #32
GeoffW
Inactive

GeoffW has a spectacular aura about themGeoffW has a spectacular aura about themGeoffW has a spectacular aura about themGeoffW has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSainsbury View Post
Unless his is on Vodafone, he won't have that short cut as it's a Vodafone customisation.
Actually it's not, whichever operator he has will be shown, highlight it and its a short cut to Comms Manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSainsbury View Post
All he needs to go is go on the Wi-Fi setting and activate the WLAN / Wi-Fi and then it should pick up the access point....

It's a fairly simple process...
The long way, is Settings, Connections, more, WLAN settings, WiFi.
GeoffW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2007, 13:35   #33
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

Callumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant future

how do you change view?
Callumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2007, 13:40   #34
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars

You know, on that Ebay page, Wifi isn't mentioned as a feature, and the Wireless Manager screen shot shows wifi as off.
My PDA doesn't have wifi, so if I want to use it for wireless internet, I have to connect to my PC via bluetooth and do it that way.
I do have a wifi CF card, just don't have Windows Mobile 5 drivers for it.
Xaccers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2007, 13:41   #35
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

Callumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant future

Anyway, i pressed the select button and a window popped up saying no WLAN was found, so turn it on or press cancel to quit

Looks like there is no WLAN card in the phone?

---------- Post added at 13:41 ---------- Previous post was at 13:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaccers View Post
You know, on that Ebay page, Wifi isn't mentioned as a feature, and the Wireless Manager screen shot shows wifi as off.
My PDA doesn't have wifi, so if I want to use it for wireless internet, I have to connect to my PC via bluetooth and do it that way.
I do have a wifi CF card, just don't have Windows Mobile 5 drivers for it.
Maybe i need one of those cards! Were did you get it?
Old 30-12-2007, 13:45   #36
bopdude
Inactive

bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars
bopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny starsbopdude has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Anyway, i pressed the select button and a window popped up saying no WLAN was found, so turn it on or press cancel to quit

Looks like there is no WLAN card in the phone?

---------- Post added at 13:41 ---------- Previous post was at 13:40 ----------

Maybe i need one of those cards! Were did you get it?
OK, you still haven't answered the question, start>settings>connections. Do you have a wlan icon or similar. At least that way we can rule out what you have or have not got, and what you can do.
Old 30-12-2007, 13:48   #37
Xaccers
Inactive

Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars
Xaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny starsXaccers has a pair of shiny stars

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/sear...e=wifi+sd+card

Whole load listed.
I might just get a new SD one as they look like they're only around £20 posted and I'm not using my SD slot (the beauty of having a PDA with both SD and CF slots rather than smart phone with only SD).
Remember if you currently have a SD card with programs installed, you won't be able to access them when using the WIFI SD card.

Hmm, for £25 you can get 54Mbps ones, tempting.

Right, bought one, don't tell Faulty or she'll kill me
Old 30-12-2007, 13:50   #38
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

icons on that page:
Beam
Bluetooth
Connections
Network Cards
USB to PC
Wi-Fi Settings
Wireless Manager

---------- Post added at 13:50 ---------- Previous post was at 13:48 ----------

Quote:
http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/sear...e=wifi+sd+card

Whole load listed.
I might just get a new SD one as they look like they're only around £20 posted and I'm not using my SD slot (the beauty of having a PDA with both SD and CF slots rather than smart phone with only SD).
Remember if you currently have a SD card with programs installed, you won't be able to access them when using the WIFI SD card.
ah, my memory card slot is mini sd, and also i would need to take my 2gig out?
Old 30-12-2007, 13:51   #39
bopdude
Inactive

Quote:
icons on that page:
Beam
Bluetooth
Connections
Network Cards
USB to PC
Wi-Fi Settings
Wireless Manager
And what do you get under wifi settings or manager, is there an option to turn on ? If so, turn it on and try again. Or have you tried this but not told us ????
Old 30-12-2007, 13:58   #40
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

The bottom right one is the Wireless manager

When i tap it it stays on the off position, but when i close the wireless manager and go back to it it says Unavaliable instead of Off
Old 30-12-2007, 14:03   #41
bopdude
Inactive

Mmmm, that would suggest that you haven't, as has been said, got the necessary hardware installed. Additional hardware is not my thing, to a popint I have my set up, but beyond that so I'll let someone else try and steer you...........good luck
Old 30-12-2007, 14:06   #42
Xaccers
Inactive

Quote:
ah, my memory card slot is mini sd, and also i would need to take my 2gig out?
Not aware of any mini sd cards other than memory.
Looks like wifi is a no-no for your device.

Tell a lie, just searched on ebay
http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/sear...e=mini+sd+wifi
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WiFi-Wireless-...QQcmdZViewItem

Yes, you'd have to swap out your 2GB card for it, assuming it will actually work.
Old 30-12-2007, 14:08   #43
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

Thanks anyway, bloody phone, i might complain to the seller!

---------- Post added at 14:08 ---------- Previous post was at 14:06 ----------

errrrr, is there any other sort of wireless adapters for phones or only the ones that go into the memory card slot?

i might have to get one
Old 30-12-2007, 14:08   #44
kryogenik

Oh dear. Looks like Dragon is right - no Wi-Fi installed (doesn't say it on the auction )
SD card is the only way then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffW View Post
Actually it's not, whichever operator he has will be shown, highlight it and its a short cut to Comms Manager.
I have no operator shown on mine at all and never have had - doesn't matter what SIM I put in it.
Old 30-12-2007, 14:09   #45
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Not aware of any mini sd cards other than memory.
Looks like wifi is a no-no for your device.

Tell a lie, just searched on ebay
http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/sear...e=mini+sd+wifi
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WiFi-Wireless-...QQcmdZViewItem

Yes, you'd have to swap out your 2GB card for it, assuming it will actually work.
Heres a mini SD: Link