Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Tried to use DD-WRT on my WRT610N =(bricked)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Tried to use DD-WRT on my WRT610N =(bricked)

Old 08-02-2013, 19:47   #46
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age
Re: Tried to use DD-WRT on my WRT610N =(bricked)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Took me 3 years to get to grips with it too

As I was saying to someone else thinking of switching, it does have a steeper learning curve but once you figure it out it is a lot more powerful. Same as Windows vs. Linux really.

If you want upnp you'll have to install it and the GUI gives you an easy enough way of doing that...
I can certainly appreciate the benefits of using Openwrt, assuming you understand it of course, I just need to research it more before making any ammendments, I was playing last night trying to set up port forwarding but everytime I saved and applied the changes the wireless signal dropped out , so I had to cancel.

Wireless reception has stopped working a few times yesterday and today, not sure whats caused it but at the end of the day my WRT610N is running on a *******ised firmware meant for a WRT54G so I guess its gonna be a bit buggy
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-02-2013, 21:59   #47
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabscars View Post
my WRT610N is running on a *******ised firmware meant for a WRT54G so I guess its gonna be a bit buggy
Whyy??!
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:18   #48
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
Whyy??!
Not sure why, I will have to ask craig that, the only reason I said that was because it says so in the router status page, copied for clarification. Maybe thats the only version available that works on my router

Quote:
Router Name OpenWrt

Router Model Linksys WRT54G/GS/GL

Firmware Version OpenWrt Attitude Adjustment 12.09-rc1 / LuCI 0.11 Branch (0.11+svn9570)

Kernel Version 3.3.8

Local Time Sat Sep 10 02:58:09 2011

Uptime 1d 11h 15m 15s

pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 14:21   #49
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabscars View Post
In a word no , I find it all a bit daunting and most of it goes over my head. Openwrt looks far too advanced for your average Jo

---------- Post added at 19:22 ---------- Previous post was at 19:05 ----------

Just had a quick squizz at it and its not exactly instructions that I can follow with a decent level of understanding, I appreciate this is probably frustrating for you guys that know your arses from your elbows so to speak, but I just dont understand it clearly enough not to bugger it up.
Yep, I had a quick skim through it too
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote