Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Doctor Who : 2008 & 2009 Specials

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Doctor Who : 2008 & 2009 Specials

Old 19-11-2009, 11:01   #196
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Doctor Who : 2008 & 2009 Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
So what is your problem then? Why do you need to watch them again? If you keep seeing repeated episodes, why do you need to find somewhere, where they show more repeated episodes?
because they keep repeating the same episodes every week.. Like the same 2 often

I wanted to see the series not the same 2 lol Understand now :P
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-11-2009, 11:02   #197
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Then buy the DVD's..
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2009, 11:40   #198
Flyboy
Inactive

Flyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
because they keep repeating the same episodes every week.. Like the same 2 often

I wanted to see the series not the same 2 lol Understand now :P
Just an example of what is left of this week:

Quote:
Doctor Who
Thursday, November 19
BBC3
Doctor Who 7.00pm - 7.45pm A young woman receives cryptic messages from the past as she tries to escape terrifying creatures who are hiding in a haunted house. Carey Mulligan guest stars.

Watch
Doctor Who 3.00pm - 4.00pm The Doctor and Rose travel to an alien world where mankind has settled after the destruction of Earth, and encounter an old enemy plotting revenge. David Tennant stars.

Friday, November 20
Watch
Doctor Who 3.00pm - 4.00pm When the court of Louis XV comes under attack from sinister robots, the king's mistress summons the Doctor with the help of a broken clock. Sophia Myles guest stars.
Three different episodes in two days.

Then it starts again, with different episodes on Monday, on BBC Three and Watch. So, hardly the same two episodes every day for a week.
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2009, 11:56   #199
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Just an example of what is left of this week:

Three different episodes in two days.

Then it starts again, with different episodes on Monday, on BBC Three and Watch. So, hardly the same two episodes every day for a week.
Watch
Doctor Who 3.00pm - 4.00pm The Doctor and Rose travel to an alien world where mankind has settled after the destruction of Earth, and encounter an old enemy plotting revenge. David Tennant stars.

Watched that a few weeks ago on watch..

And the haunted house has been on watch about 6 times now..

What I meant is.. they dont keep up with any series at all.. Just random 2 Ep's every week if not the same Episode they showed the week before
Old 19-11-2009, 14:03   #200
Flyboy
Inactive

Flyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful one

That's because there have only been fifty-two episodes and a few specials. They can't just produce more because you have seen them all.

BBC Three recently ran the entire New Doctor Who series from, "Rose" to "Journey's End." I believe they are doing the same now, playing an episode a day.
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2009, 14:12   #201
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Watch

Watched that a few weeks ago on watch..

And the haunted house has been on watch about 6 times now..

What I meant is.. they dont keep up with any series at all.. Just random 2 Ep's every week if not the same Episode they showed the week before
No they show all the episodes, just when you tune in you seem to catch the same ones.

A few weeks ago, now thats hardly the same episode every week is it.

Check this link, Watch are showing Series 2 & 3 on Sat evenings from 8pm. However searching the listings shows they are starting again from series 1 on the 1st Dec at 6pm

http://uktv.co.uk/watch/homepage/sid/6833
Old 19-11-2009, 14:13   #202
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
That's because there have only been fifty-two episodes and a few specials. They can't just produce more because you have seen them all.

BBC Three recently ran the entire New Doctor Who series from, "Rose" to "Journey's End." I believe they are doing the same now, playing an episode a day.
Im not talking about that.. I am talking about Instead of showing one episode then the next.. they show the same episode 3 times in 2 weeks..

For example a 1-2 weeks ago I watched the Haunted House, Angels Episode.. and the Next time Dr who was on It was a different episode. Then the next time Dro who was on.. Its the Haunted House.. again

then again on the sunday, I liked it when BBC3 were showing like an episode a day
Old 19-11-2009, 14:22   #203
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Sometimes the small digital channels have the same programme in a couple of different slots during the day or week. You may find that, say, they are showing Who on Mondays, Tuesdays and twice on Wednesdays, but that in each of those four slots the show is at a different point in its run. So you could watch Blink (the haunted house episode) on Monday at 7pm, then the next week tune in on Wednesday at 9pm and find that slot has just reached the point when it shows Blink. To follow the series through in the right order you may have to tune in at on the same day each week and at the same time, regardless of how many other days in the week they are screening the show.

The only way to make absolutely sure of how and when a channel is showing a series is to use an online TV guide like Digiguide or Radiotimes and run a search. Read through the results and try to identify any patterns. You should be able to spot whether the show is getting one repeat run in one or more slots, or multiple repeat runs simultaneously and possibly staggered.

Or, as Flyboy has pointed out, wait until BBC Three does another repeat run, they normally start at the beginning and show one a day. And get your DVD recorder ready.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2009, 14:24   #204
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Or as I have edited my post search the listings on the Watch site and you will see they are showing all series and looks to me to be in running order everyday

Also HMV has the boxsets on sale at around £25 per series if you would rather own them. I have them all and means I can watch anytime I want to. Same goes for all the original series Doctor Who DVDs.
Old 19-11-2009, 15:09   #205
Delta Whiskey
Inactive

Services: 10Mb BB, DTV & Phone
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny star
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny star

Amazon have the first three box sets much cheaper than HMV.
Series 1 - £13.88, Series Two - £13.88, Series Three - £16.28 & Series 4 - 27.88
Delta Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2009, 15:23   #206
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Good find DW.

In fact I need to rebuy series 1 as I originally bought the Tardis shaped edition which doesn't fit on my selves.
Old 19-11-2009, 15:41   #207
Delta Whiskey
Inactive

Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Good find DW.

In fact I need to rebuy series 1 as I originally bought the Tardis shaped edition which doesn't fit on my selves.
I'm sorely tempted myself, but then I look at the unopened 42 DVD Babylon 5 box set I bought two years ago...
Old 19-11-2009, 16:14   #208
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Whiskey View Post
I'm sorely tempted myself, but then I look at the unopened 42 DVD Babylon 5 box set I bought two years ago...
I have them all but as its so cheap want the series 1 set again just so I have the normal case. Is that daft, lol.

Wow bet that set you back a bit.

I watched the trailer again for the End of Time, so can't wait till Christmas
Old 19-11-2009, 16:26   #209
Delta Whiskey
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I have them all but as its so cheap want the series 1 set again just so I have the normal case. Is that daft, lol.

Wow bet that set you back a bit.

I watched the trailer again for the End of Time, so can't wait till Christmas
I fully understand the need to have all the box sets in the same style packaging.
I see that Amazon have the Complete Doctor Who - Series 1-4 for £58.48.

The B5 boxset was around £100 at the time, it was down to £60 this summer. Currently £62.98 including The Lost Tales.
Old 19-11-2009, 16:44   #210
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Thankyou Everyone, Saved me a lot of confusion now