Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The General Cricket Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The General Cricket Thread
Closed Thread

Old 26-05-2013, 16:01   #1531
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Excellent news - I was at Headingley all day yesterday, and the weather and cricket were both excellent, with the West Stand crowd being very entertaining as usual.
Yes they are one of the best crowds in the country and Headingley for me brings back so many glorious memories from the past.
Old 26-05-2013, 16:59   #1532
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

The last time I was at Headingly was to watch England v France.
Old 26-05-2013, 20:07   #1533
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Alastair Cook in form as England dominate New Zealand.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/22672955

That's more like it
Old 27-05-2013, 11:55   #1534
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Alastair Cook in form as England dominate New Zealand.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/22672955

That's more like it
Absolutely Den, lovely play from him yesterday. Top century all round. What a fantastic player/captain this man has become. I can see 3-4 Ashes victories under him.

Glad to see Trott finally playing a few shots If we carry on at this rate this morning, I reckon we are on for a lunchtime declaration.

When does the Ashes hype begin on here? I am far too excited for this series. The series will be closer that the media think, I think we will win, our overall quality is too good and we have better depth in batting and certainly in bowling. I think they will push us though, especially with their bowling attack.
Having been at SCG in 2011 for all 5 days, I am devastated Mitchell Johnson is not playing
He bowls to left, he bowls to the right, that Mitchell Johnson.......

---------- Post added at 11:55 ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 ----------

Very interesting debate on TMS regarding the captains for the Ashes.

TMS rules, although it is currently 2 balls ahead of the Sky Go feed I am watching/stealing from my brother:-)
Old 27-05-2013, 12:00   #1535
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
Absolutely Den, lovely play from him yesterday. Top century all round. What a fantastic player/captain this man has become. I can see 3-4 Ashes victories under him.

Glad to see Trott finally playing a few shots If we carry on at this rate this morning, I reckon we are on for a lunchtime declaration.

When does the Ashes hype begin on here? I am far too excited for this series. The series will be closer that the media think, I think we will win, our overall quality is too good and we have better depth in batting and certainly in bowling. I think they will push us though, especially with their bowling attack.
Having been at SCG in 2011 for all 5 days, I am devastated Mitchell Johnson is not playing
He bowls to left, he bowls to the right, that Mitchell Johnson.......

---------- Post added at 11:55 ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 ----------

Very interesting debate on TMS regarding the captains for the Ashes.

TMS rules, although it is currently 2 balls ahead of the Sky Go feed I am watching/stealing from my brother:-)
Yes l can't wait for the Ashes series and the good thing is it starts once we get back from our family holiday in Gosport where we will meet the rest of our family and then branch out to different places for 2 weeks.
Old 27-05-2013, 13:07   #1536
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

It will be interesting to see who KP replaces if he's fit for the ashes. Maybe Compton and push Root up to open? I would drop Bell, never really been a fan of his and he's been in poor form for a long time now.
Old 27-05-2013, 13:20   #1537
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK View Post
It will be interesting to see who KP replaces if he's fit for the ashes. Maybe Compton and push Root up to open? I would drop Bell, never really been a fan of his and he's been in poor form for a long time now.
Think both are on a sticky wicket just now

Old 27-05-2013, 13:25   #1538
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Yes indeed Bell has been poor for some time and should have been dropped a long time ago and Compton at the moment looked like a frightened rabbit in front of the headlights.
Old 28-05-2013, 06:06   #1539
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Graeme Swann helps England towards win over New Zealand.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/22679809
Old 28-05-2013, 08:50   #1540
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Very poor from England, should have made them follow on.
Old 28-05-2013, 09:02   #1541
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Poor weather in North Leeds today - shouldn't think there will be much play.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 28-05-2013, 11:04   #1542
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

England would have bowled out the Kiwis in 2 sessions if they had enforced the follow on. Maybe getting more ticket money for an extra days play, having already lost one, was a factor in the poor decision not to enforce the follow on!
Old 28-05-2013, 11:40   #1543
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

The follow on decision was explicable, just, but IMHO carrying on batting after lunch, then setting defensive fields is as mystifying as Trott's innings was the longer it went on. Having decided to bat on they should have had an hour long slog before lunch then declared and put NZ for a very testing half session.
Old 28-05-2013, 12:21   #1544
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Poor weather in North Leeds today - shouldn't think there will be much play.
Lets hope we can get the remaining 3 wickets before the rain comes down.
Old 28-05-2013, 16:36   #1545
denphone
Still alive and fighting

England beat New Zealand to take Test series 2-0.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/22689671

Now lets bash those arrogant Aussies.