Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Old 21-05-2016, 12:55   #1666
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
Still on my IPad at present, Will my I pad still stay W 7 as I don't want it to change by itself,
????? Surely your iPad should be on iOS 9.3.2 ATM.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-05-2016, 14:54   #1667
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Thanks Ken & Mart, I will have a look today, Still on my IPad at present, Will my I pad still stay W 7 as I don't want it to change by itself,
??? Ipad with Windows 7? i think you must be confuzzled!
Old 21-05-2016, 16:00   #1668
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Probable I am confused I just need my IPad to stay the same as it is, not familiar with all these IOS etc
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2016, 14:27   #1669
solitaire
Inactive

solitaire is a jewel in the roughsolitaire is a jewel in the roughsolitaire is a jewel in the roughsolitaire is a jewel in the roughsolitaire is a jewel in the rough

I updated to Win10 from Win7 several months ago. All the programmes and games I had installed ran perfectly, but in the last few days I've had a problem with the game Bejeweled3 which just refuses to start. I've tried a re-install, running in compatibility mode etc. with no luck at all. Apart from that Win10 is running fine. Has anybody else had similar problems or any suggestions? Thanks.
solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2016, 15:30   #1670
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by solitaire View Post
I updated to Win10 from Win7 several months ago. All the programmes and games I had installed ran perfectly, but in the last few days I've had a problem with the game Bejeweled3 which just refuses to start. I've tried a re-install, running in compatibility mode etc. with no luck at all. Apart from that Win10 is running fine. Has anybody else had similar problems or any suggestions? Thanks.
Can't really help but i see alot of people are having this problem from last year and possibly an AMD system problem if you have AMD?
Old 22-05-2016, 19:14   #1671
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

AMD platform should not be a problem.

I have bittenthe bullet and put my laptop on w10 with a caveat.
Ive stopped all microsoft spying dead in it's tracks and installed classic shell. ATM, I'm quite happy but it is no quicker than W7 perhaps because I run an optimised system.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2016, 19:13   #1672
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I was off on Wednesday and the IT idiot put Windows 10 on my works PC.

Apart from layout changes all my short-cuts, wallpapers stayed the same.
Old 28-05-2016, 13:49   #1673
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
AMD platform should not be a problem.

I have bittenthe bullet and put my laptop on w10 with a caveat.
Ive stopped all microsoft spying dead in it's tracks and installed classic shell. ATM, I'm quite happy but it is no quicker than W7 perhaps because I run an optimised system.
I would block the updates if i was you so that you can decided if there safe or not.

Last edited by Stephen; 28-05-2016 at 13:58.
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2016, 14:08   #1674
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

My desktop background slideshow displays different pictures on my two screens now! I want the same picture on both screens at the same time!
Old 28-05-2016, 14:09   #1675
nashville
nashville

nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Just been learning windows 10 all week, complicated but I am getting there.
Old 28-05-2016, 17:13   #1676
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Just been learning windows 10 all week, complicated but I am getting there.
Not complicated atleast not for me, if you want the old control panel etc, then you can get to that by right clicking on the Start button in bottom left corner.
Old 28-05-2016, 19:55   #1677
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Why is he an idiot??
Old 28-05-2016, 21:00   #1678
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

I have an AMD system as main system and windows 10 flew through update no issues what so ever.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2016, 22:15   #1679
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post

Apart from layout changes all my short-cuts, wallpapers stayed the same.
Without knowing the ins and outs of where you work, if they are anything like my Uni, it's possible they have, or are planning to, surrender any Windows 7 licences they have to upgrade to Windows 10 more cheaply (it's not a free upgrade for commercial customers).
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2016, 18:30   #1680
nashville
nashville

I have been managing W10 now a lot better. I am getting used to the layout and like some of them , Just have to sign in to a lot of my favourites again, But getting there, I noticed W10 has a DVD player, can I now play or copy a DVD,?