Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky & Analogue TV

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sky & Analogue TV

Old 28-03-2008, 11:56   #1
James79
Inactive

Services: VIP Pack including (V+ HD & VHD Box), Sky Sports & Movies, Up to 152Mb. 1 Additional VHD Box
James79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to James79
Question Sky & Analogue TV

Just a quick query, and I apologise if it has been asked before.

I am considering having Sky HD installed and was wondering if someone could confirm that I will not need an external aerial to receive terrestrial broadcasts (ie - BBC1 - FIVE).

To clarify, I know I will be able to receive them through the Sky box but I would also like to have them tuned into their individual channels on the TV. For example - Channels 1 through 5 will be occupied by the terrestrial channels, and the Sky box will be tuned into Channel 6 (also being received through the HDMI port.

All ideas and opinions are welcome!! If any further clarification is required - let me know!

Ta

James
James79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-03-2008, 11:57   #2
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M
Re: Sky & Analogue TV

You will still need an external aerial for that to work, it is the same with VM Cable
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 12:01   #3
James79
Inactive

Services: VIP Pack including (V+ HD & VHD Box), Sky Sports & Movies, Up to 152Mb. 1 Additional VHD Box
James79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to James79

I thought that. Although, I currently have VM and the box I have (an older PACE - which is still alive) allows me to tune BBC1 - Five individually.

Its obviously a box issued before the RF bypass thingy was removed! Forgive my ignorance. I can never remember what you call that technology!!
James79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 13:50   #4
King Of Fools
Inactive

Services: 2 for £22 (Broadband Size: M and Phone Size: M), Free TV Size: M and fries!
King Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful oneKing Of Fools is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by James79 View Post
I am considering having Sky HD installed and was wondering if someone could confirm that I will not need an external aerial to receive terrestrial broadcasts (ie - BBC1 - FIVE).

To clarify, I know I will be able to receive them through the Sky box but I would also like to have them tuned into their individual channels on the TV. For example - Channels 1 through 5 will be occupied by the terrestrial channels, and the Sky box will be tuned into Channel 6 (also being received through the HDMI port.
You will be able to do this, however this will obviously not work after the analogue switch off in 2012.
King Of Fools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 17:25   #5
spike7451
Inactive

Services: Sky+/BT Home hub,phone & fusion mobile.
spike7451 has a reputation beyond reputespike7451 has a reputation beyond reputespike7451 has a reputation beyond reputespike7451 has a reputation beyond reputespike7451 has a reputation beyond reputespike7451 has a reputation beyond reputespike7451 has a reputation beyond reputespike7451 has a reputation beyond reputespike7451 has a reputation beyond reputespike7451 has a reputation beyond reputespike7451 has a reputation beyond reputespike7451 has a reputation beyond reputespike7451 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by James79 View Post
I thought that. Although, I currently have VM and the box I have (an older PACE - which is still alive) allows me to tune BBC1 - Five individually.

Its obviously a box issued before the RF bypass thingy was removed! Forgive my ignorance. I can never remember what you call that technology!!
NOTE; You may loose that facilty as well if & when the drop is disconnected at the street cabinet.
spike7451 is offline   Reply With Quote