Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | help with belkin n1 wireless router

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

help with belkin n1 wireless router

Old 12-11-2011, 11:38   #1
daveross
Inactive

daveross is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry help with belkin n1 wireless router

hi, not sure if this is the right forum for this but i;ll try anyway, brought a wifi belkin n1 wireless router from ebay but it came without instructions and i'm stuck how to set it up, anyone help me pls? so far i plugged it in and the router is show in blue and i have put the networking cable in the side of my laptop and the other end into the router and its now flashing moderm and internet in orange, now i'm stuck.
daveross is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-11-2011, 12:01   #2
Eric55
Inactive

Eric55 will become famous soon enoughEric55 will become famous soon enoughEric55 will become famous soon enough
Re: help with belkin n1 wireless router

Go here http://en-uk-support.belkin.com/app/...ist/q/routers/ and that should sort you out for the manual.
Eric55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:14   #3
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

power down your modem and router > put the ethernet cable coming out your modem into the yellow belkins port > power up your modem then router. put your wired devices ethernet (laptop, desktop etc.) into ports numbered 1,2,3,4

to access the belkins set up page and secure your network put this into your web browsers address bar, 192.168.2.1
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:23   #4
daveross
Inactive

how do i power down my moderm and router
Old 12-11-2011, 12:51   #5
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

take the power plug out of the mains
Old 12-11-2011, 13:12   #6
daveross
Inactive

are you a arsenal fan ? hope you thrash norwich next week, hate norwich. anyway i powered down like you said take the power plug out, is that rebooting it? its still flashing in orange moderm and internet? whats my next step?
Old 12-11-2011, 13:16   #7
thenry
Inactive

how did you figure out I'm an Arsenal fan

follow the manual. open the link Eric55 posted above, put in your model (all details are on the back of the router itself) then find the manual on the site and open it. instructions should be pretty straight forward.
Old 12-11-2011, 13:18   #8
daveross
Inactive

ok i will and many thanks for your help and erics.
Old 12-11-2011, 13:43   #9
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

Who is your internet provider if its virgin power down the modem and router and wait 5 mins you should be connected then after that go to the page http://192.168.2.1 and put security on it
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 13:55   #10
daveross
Inactive

doc dutch, at the minute i;m useing btfon for big files but normaly i use three connect

---------- Post added at 13:55 ---------- Previous post was at 13:53 ----------

arsenal, i done all what u said, followed the instructions on erics link, all went well, but on my belkin n1 it still shows in orange and flashing moderm and internet, still carnt connect to wifi.
Old 12-11-2011, 14:09   #11
thenry
Inactive

you've brought the wrong router, it will only work with cable/Virgin Media services. Can you return the router?
Old 12-11-2011, 14:12   #12
daveross
Inactive

now i have one orange flashing light on the internet pic on the router the rest are blue, so one more step and i'm on, i rebooted it thats done, ip address is correct.
Old 12-11-2011, 16:47   #13
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

Dave, so you are with BT....have you got a BT modem at all???

Also what model number N1 did you buy (this is on the bottom of the unit and should say something like F5D)
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 23:45   #14
daveross
Inactive

Docdutch i use btfon hotspots which lets me connect via the avalible connections on my laptop, i normal buy a 5 day pass for downloading large files and when i am not downloading them i connect my dongle which is three connect for smaller stuff. My model make is f5d8231-4 and on my belkin router now as we speak its showing the icons in blue (still) WIRED, ROUTER,MODEM but the icon for internet is flashing amber but it trys to go blue then goes to flashing amber again so i'm nearly there. Any more help would be great.. Thanks. Dave

---------- Post added at 23:45 ---------- Previous post was at 23:05 ----------

And when i put the i.p number in the browser it takes me to the page but dosnt say alot. Why do i have to go on that site for anyway? After i do get the belkin n1 up and running then i'm stuck on making my wifi private if u no what i'm on about. Many thanks
Old 12-11-2011, 23:58   #15
thenry
Inactive

You've got dongles right? USB adapters to access the net? That stick is in your desktop or laptop? your then trying to route the connection to the router from the desktop/laptop? You've brought the wrong router as mentioned above. You can get a router thats able to configure your dongle/USB adapter but I do not know which as I haven't got experience doing this. Don't go buying any router with a USB port. You need a specific router. Theres a handful of knowledgeable guys on here which will be able to point you in the right direction of which router you need to get.