Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What are you reading?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

What are you reading?

Old 30-03-2006, 15:55   #211
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Re: What are you reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angua
Thud... Terry Pratchett

As the last (so far) of the Guards series of Discworld books, having read the previous ones in order one after the other.
Excellent, if a little confusing towards the end....
I am just getting near the end and will try to clarify (if my understanding will cope)
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-03-2006, 22:28   #212
driver_problems
Permanently Banned

Services: ntl 1meg cable modem Skysports & Movies, Film4 and phone
driver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliro

currently reading 'The ragged trousered philanthropists'
good book that

and it directly influenced the sociological thinking of the labour government's manifest in the post world war two period which is a far cry from the bunch of sheisters that are using that banner at this present time
driver_problems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2006, 22:30   #213
ikthius
Inactive

Services: anything for a new job
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze

I am going over head first java, to get my head round java again.
and a body language book.

ik
ikthius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 16:43   #214
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star

C# Complete
by Sybex
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2006, 16:19   #215
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

To keep with the holidays

The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse by Robert Rankin.

A strange tale of Toy City where all the Nursery Rhyme Characters are being murdered in bizarre and appropriate ways and at every crime scene a hollow chocolate bunny is left behind. [img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2006, 16:40   #216
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

"Experience as the source of learning and development" ........spare a thought for me as you all read your interesting& entertaining fiction
Old 15-04-2006, 16:43   #217
Enuff

this thread
Old 15-04-2006, 23:59   #218
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angua
To keep with the holidays

The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse by Robert Rankin.

A strange tale of Toy City where all the Nursery Rhyme Characters are being murdered in bizarre and appropriate ways and at every crime scene a hollow chocolate bunny is left behind. [img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
Shall I tell you who did it????

Thought that book was good.

Most recently I have read (amongst others) 3 books by Richard Morgan, Altered Carbon, Broken Angels and Woken Furies - 3 good books - though not so keen on the last one - set in the future where the human mind can be downloaded and loaded back into a new body - known as re-sleeving.
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2006, 00:09   #219
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star

Flirty text messages.
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2006, 00:19   #220
homealone

'Bio-Strike'

a 'Tom Clancy's Powerplays' series novel, from Oxfam for £1.99

- a superbug is spread, but waits to be 'triggered', cause, cure or highest bidder, type drama.....

at this price, who cares who wins
Old 16-04-2006, 11:38   #221
me283
Inactive

Services: Weddings, christenings, barmitzvahs
me283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronze
me283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronzeme283 is cast in bronze

Just read "The Not Knowing" by Cathy Unsworth. A little predictable, but wellwritten and a nice and easy holiday read. Also "A Few Kind Words And A Loaded Gun", the autobiography of Razor Smith, an armed robber. Actually a very good read.
me283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2006, 20:30   #222
BigDave1
Permanently Banned

BigDave1 is a jewel in the roughBigDave1 is a jewel in the roughBigDave1 is a jewel in the roughBigDave1 is a jewel in the roughBigDave1 is a jewel in the rough

The Rock Says...

WWF Autobiography of The Rock, with Joe Layden.

Then I plan to read the Kurt Angle autobiography again.
BigDave1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2006, 21:04   #223
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

I am half through The next accident.... a great book by Lisa Gardner
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2006, 21:06   #224
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I just bought The Dark Tower 1 - The Gunslinger... About to make a start on that.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2006, 22:05   #225
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

am abit further than Dilly am ready The Dark Tower IV : Wizards and Glass a great series
sherer is offline   Reply With Quote