Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VM took money early this month

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues

VM took money early this month

Old 07-08-2017, 22:56   #1
JPAC
cf.addict

JPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to all
Question VM took money early this month

Anyone else or just me? Sent me a letter telling me.
JPAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-08-2017, 19:18   #2
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age
Re: VM took money early this month

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPAC View Post
Anyone else or just me? Sent me a letter telling me.
Did the letter not offer any explanation ? Seems odd, never had that myself and had cable services since mid 90's.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 19:34   #3
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Don't they have to give advance notice of what they are going to take out? I get an email about 2 weeks in advance. Have they taken it out yet, or is it just the advance notice?
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 20:57   #4
JPAC
cf.addict

JPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to all

Just says "We've made a mistake with your Direct Debit... due to a technical hitch..." It's the usual amount but took it earlier in the month. I get notice by email three weeks in advance.
It ends" Once again, please accept our sincere apologies for this error. Kind regards, Mark Davidson, Executive Director".

As you say odd, as I've been with 'VM' since the early 90s, not happened before. Bit worrying though.
Old 09-08-2017, 14:09   #5
APS
Inactive

APS is a jewel in the roughAPS is a jewel in the roughAPS is a jewel in the roughAPS is a jewel in the roughAPS is a jewel in the rough

Happened to me too (I am near Nottingham so maybe the same billing area). I received the letter of apology yesterday.
APS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2017, 14:30   #6
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

I'd be looking for compensation, particularly if this 'error' resulted in bank charges or interest being applied.

Think about it, if your money was three weeks late in arriving, VM wouldn't accept a letter of apology to end the matter.

I had my services interrupted within a week after my (now ex) bank the Co-op messed up my Direct Debits some years ago; also a friend who was a former customer had his debt referred to a debt collection agency within days of receiving his final bill.

I believe that there are now late payment fees and/or a deposit required.

This must have done their cash flow & debt interest payments no end of good...

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 13-08-2017 at 14:35.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 01:15   #7
JPAC
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I'd be looking for compensation, particularly if this 'error' resulted in bank charges or interest being applied.

Think about it, if your money was three weeks late in arriving, VM wouldn't accept a letter of apology to end the matter.

I had my services interrupted within a week after my (now ex) bank the Co-op messed up my Direct Debits some years ago; also a friend who was a former customer had his debt referred to a debt collection agency within days of receiving his final bill.

I believe that there are now late payment fees and/or a deposit required.

This must have done their cash flow & debt interest payments no end of good...
Good points there, it could have been very nasty.

My friend recently got his car clamped due to error in Direct Debits, still trying to sort it out.

This VM error will be used in the annual 'haggle with VM price increase' talks.

Last edited by JPAC; 14-08-2017 at 01:16. Reason: spelling
Old 19-08-2017, 06:50   #8
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote