Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Will Virgin Follow suite? Sky Loyalty scheme

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Will Virgin Follow suite? Sky Loyalty scheme

Old 03-08-2017, 13:39   #1
Khenryashley
Freedom for smokers

Services: VM. 3 boxes ( 1 x TiVo 2 x V6) 350 mbps BB
Khenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the rough
Will Virgin Follow suite? Sky Loyalty scheme

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/41555...oadband-sky-q/

Will Virgin Follow suite? Interesting!
Khenryashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2017, 19:11   #2
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Will Virgin Follow suite? Sky Loyalty scheme

I wonder what they mean by "been with sky".

Do they mean overall, or continuously (i.e. without a break).

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 20:37   #3
Khenryashley
Freedom for smokers

Services: VM. 3 boxes ( 1 x TiVo 2 x V6) 350 mbps BB
Khenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the roughKhenryashley is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post

I think we know the answer to that!
Khenryashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 21:31   #4
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

continuously without a break
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 21:49   #5
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Waste of time then, few people are going to stay with them (or have stayed with them) for periods of 15+ years.

You get better value moving from one to the other.

The "rewards" of of little value anyway.

I dont need free fibre set-up, already have it.
No interest in yet another Sky Atlantic channel.
Dont have Sky mobile, no plans to have it.
Free Sky Q set-up - maybe useful at some point - except its only in 14 years time !

Oh, and I dont have a "Smart" phone anyway, to even download an app.

Old 03-08-2017, 22:08   #6
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Waste of time then, few people are going to stay with them (or have stayed with them) for periods of 15+ years.

Free Sky Q set-up - maybe useful at some point - except its only in 14 years time !

Blimey do you live in a cave
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 00:06   #7
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:

It's more than just that. They are giving away thousands of free tickets to Premiership and Championship games each month. You go through the VIP app, choose the game you want and book your tickets. You can book 2 each month. First come first served. The Premiership tickets all went in the first hour. There was plenty of Championship tickets left up until a few hours ago.

They are doing the same each month for rugby, cricket and other sports too. They have the same set up for cinema and theater tickets.

New tickets are released every week. If you're fast you stand a great chance of getting them. It's an excellent freebie worth hundreds of pounds if you like sport, the cinema or theater.

Last edited by Chad; 04-08-2017 at 00:14.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 03:53   #8
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Nope, I simply have no interest in smart phones.

I have a phone to make phone calls, and sometimes text, not to play games, watch films, or surf the internet - I have TV's & PC's for that.

Old 04-08-2017, 16:12   #9
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:

I'm in a similar position.

I have fast broadband (I'm in the seemingly small group of people who actually get the 150 meg broadband they pay for), and we make heavy use of it, so any slow down would cause complaints.
Not really interested in seeing programmes 24 hours before they appear on Sky Atlantic. If the programme is that interesting, an extra 24 hour wait is going to make no difference to me.
Not planning to change to Sky mobile. Perfectly happy with O2. OK, so I do get a bad network connection at certain points around work, and on my journey between work and home, but I've had bad connections at the same points on Tmobile/EE and Vodafone as well, so I've just put it down to the architecture of the areas involved stopping good mobile reception.
Not interested in Sky Q at any price. Tried it and didn't like it. The much lauded UI felt, to me, like a low rent copy of the Tivo UI (which, don't get me wrong, also has issues) and it felt a little like the Sky designers had made a bit of a dog's breakfast of it.
No interest in going to see any sports matches.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 18:55   #10
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Shame the 2-year price freeze doesn't appear to cover loyal existing customers if they took out a new contract

http://store.virginmedia.com/special...e-promise.html
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 14:18   #11
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Quote:
Nope, I simply have no interest in smart phones.

I have a phone to make phone calls, and sometimes text, not to play games, watch films, or surf the internet - I have TV's & PC's for that.
To be fair, there's more to smartphones than playing games and surfing the internet. Depending which network you're on, they allow access to WiFi & 4G calling facilities, which may well improve your coverage in some areas of the country.

I appreciate your point, and generally agree with you to be fair.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 14:46   #12
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
OB's future where is believes everybody has to move with the modern times or else they represent old fossils is looking distinctly rocky it seems.
Old 05-08-2017, 15:03   #13
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Call me optimistic, but if they're looking to freeze prices for new customers, chances are the 2018 increases won't be too onerous for everyone else.
I'd welcome a long service customer loyalty scheme as I've been with NTL/Virgin Media for over 15 years. Mind you, a Virgin rep I spoke to recently did suggest that their customer records couldn't recognise my long service as it had been at two separate properties with different postcodes, which is a pretty poor CMS if you ask me.
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 22:12   #14
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
Mind you, a Virgin rep I spoke to recently did suggest that their customer records couldn't recognise my long service as it had been at two separate properties with different postcodes, which is a pretty poor CMS if you ask me.
It's not true. Records from before the NTL/Telewest merger in 2006 might be patchy, but if you moved house since, the old and new accounts will be linked.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 11:43   #15
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

I've been with Cable for 21 years, never mind a discount, I want a long service medal and shareholder voting rights !

Customers are showing more loyalty than the the companies these days. I've been through 4 of them - Bell Cablemedia, Cable and Wireless, NTL and now VM. NTL were the worst, Bell Cablemedia the best.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote