Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | All change for Sky Sports channels & packages?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

All change for Sky Sports channels & packages?

Old 09-08-2017, 11:17   #121
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one
Re: All change for Sky Sports channels & packages?

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Also worth mentioning Sky don't include BT Sport like VM's top base package if that's important to you.
Sky can't include it. They don't sell it, BT do.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-08-2017, 11:22   #122
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
I've just checked my emails and I have one from VM saying thanks for signing up to the sky sports offer the only thing is I haven't done so

Anyone else had an email overnight?
Is it possibly a phishing email?

If not, I suggest calling Customer Services just to make sure you haven't been subscribed to something you don't want.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 11:52   #123
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
Sky can't include it. They don't sell it, BT do.
Really well I'd have never.......known that

With pedantic posts like that you must be a Super User

Last edited by muppetman11; 09-08-2017 at 12:17.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 13:22   #124
jamllew
Inactive

jamllew is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
I've just checked my emails and I have one from VM saying thanks for signing up to the sky sports offer the only thing is I haven't done so

Anyone else had an email overnight?
I clicked on the link you posted while logged in to my Virgini account. I haven't heard anything about it being activated by email.Is it possible that my clicking on it has activated it on your account? If so, I'm sorry. It did come up with my name when it said it had been activated.

It could be that the URL on the link was user specific
jamllew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 16:31   #125
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Is it possibly a phishing email?

If not, I suggest calling Customer Services just to make sure you haven't been subscribed to something you don't want.
The email address is noreply[at]awscampaigns.virginmedia.com
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 17:20   #126
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

Does anyone here subscribe to Sky Sports through VM and also use TV Anywhere to watch the sports channels on a Windows PC (preferably Windows 10)?
If so do you still have to use a browser for the Windows device or have they developed an app for it yet?
I'm seriously considering the VM offer of 12 months for £22 as even with the HD charge its cheaper than Now TV but do need to watch some sports when I'm on the go on my Surface Pro 4 from time to time and don't really wish to go back to poor Flash streams in a browser.
buckeye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 17:27   #127
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

I thought you watched Sky Sports on the Sky Sports app , I didn't think Sky Sports was part of the TV Anywhere app.
Old 09-08-2017, 17:58   #128
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Sadly you have to sign in via the Sky website.
Old 10-08-2017, 19:09   #129
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Sadly you have to sign in via the Sky website.
Are you saying that I can watch sky sports on my iPad by logging into the Sky website?

Does this mean I can also watch it over my 3G connection as I used to when I was with Sky?

I currently have the top VM bundle with 2 V6 boxes - if that makes any difference.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 19:30   #130
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Are you saying that I can watch sky sports on my iPad by logging into the Sky website?

Does this mean I can also watch it over my 3G connection as I used to when I was with Sky?

I currently have the top VM bundle with 2 V6 boxes - if that makes any difference.
you download sky sports app from app store then sign in using VM sign in got to be a sky sports subscriber to watch the live channels

Last edited by Dave42; 10-08-2017 at 19:35.
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 19:32   #131
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post

The Sky Sports iPad and Android app have an option to sign in for VM customers.
Old 10-08-2017, 21:39   #132
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Thanks for the answers guys - I will give it a go
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote