Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

Old 29-09-2015, 17:50   #2806
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: General Sky TV Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Can`t say I`ve ever seen the same program on BT Sport 1 and BT Sport2 on at the same time,or for that matter the same program on BBC 1 nd 2,ITV 1 and 2 or Sky 1 and 2? I think the point people are trying to make is Sky Sports 5 is no lnger needed now Sky don`t have the championd league.
I get you now I was taking it you meant content repeated , I need to read properly

Still don't get your point what harm is it doing by being there so what if something is duplicated , at least on busy nights of sport like the one you initially quoted me on it allows for everything or nearly everything shown in HD.

What's the alternative remove it and when there's an overspill put the games behind the red button in SD for all those who do pay the HD fee ? That seems a little unfair. I don't see how it really impacts you.

I can't see them dropping my subscription by removing it , even if it's only there for helping busy live sporting times I'm all for it staying.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-09-2015, 12:08   #2807
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I get you now I was taking it you meant content repeated , I need to read properly

Still don't get your point what harm is it doing by being there so what if something is duplicated , at least on busy nights of sport like the one you initially quoted me on it allows for everything or nearly everything shown in HD.

What's the alternative remove it and when there's an overspill put the games behind the red button in SD for all those who do pay the HD fee ? That seems a little unfair. I don't see how it really impacts you.

I can't see them dropping my subscription by removing it , even if it's only there for helping busy live sporting times I'm all for it staying.
I did think maybe it cost Sky alot of money to run channels and having one that wasn`t needed or rarely needed now would save them some money. However a thought has occured to me,maybe sky make more than enough extra revenue through being able to carry additional adverts on 2 channels showing the same football match? I haven`t actual tried switching between sky sports 1 and 5 when adverts are on whilst the same match is being shown but I suspect there might well differ?

Anyway as you say it makes no difference to me whether they show the same game on 2 different channels. I also recall before sports 5 opened they sometimes put football matches on Sky 1,didn`t they?
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 12:04   #2808
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Sky and Disney agree new multi-year programming and channel agreement

https://corporate.sky.com/media-cent...nnel-agreement
Old 21-10-2015, 18:44   #2809
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

James Murdoch reveals Fox planning new bid for full control of Sky.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...control-of-sky
Old 21-10-2015, 20:06   #2810
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

This was always going to come around again at some stage.
Old 30-10-2015, 13:41   #2811
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

http://www.techradar.com/news/televi...it-be--1307880
Old 30-10-2015, 13:46   #2812
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

l bet you can't contain your excitement MM.
Old 30-10-2015, 13:53   #2813
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l bet you can't contain your excitement MM.
Not really Den the days of paying stupid amounts for tech have long gone , still an interesting development however. Tech sites are suggesting a new box with others saying a product which sits alongside Sky+ so who knows.
Old 30-10-2015, 13:57   #2814
denphone
Still alive and fighting

l am not sure it will be a new box but then again what do l know.
Old 30-10-2015, 15:08   #2815
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Will it tie in with their mobile phone/SIM offering?
1andrew1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2015, 15:28   #2816
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Set your TV free suggests allowing you to view recordings on mobile devices with cloud bookmarking etc but I could be wrong.
Old 10-11-2015, 23:54   #2817
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Maybe not a set top box but SKY Mobile and a streaming stick? TeleTV on Digital SPY posted the following earlier today:

"Ive just had an email from sky asking me to take part in a survey for their ''exciting new service which is about to be launched'' SKY mobile.
Basically the questions all seemed to be about a new an improved version of sky go, Now tv a sky movies pack, sky sports pack and downloading your recordings to your phone to take with you to watch on the move, when your ready.
It also states that the new mobile service comes with a ''streaming stick'' so you can send anything on your phone to your tv, including your recordings that have been sent to your phone,
''Truly setting your TV free''
Everything thats in speech marks are what has been quoted during the survey.
Almost all of it, was would i use my mobile for these services, would that excite me watching sky one on the move, the latest films on the move yada yada yada.
the ''streaming stick'' can be plugged into almost any tv, meaning i can watch what i want when i want without the need for a sky box to be plugged into that TV,
The last part of the survey were so basic questions,
Do you think you will keep your sky TV subscription in the next 12 months?
Do you think you will keep your sky broadband and phone in the next 12 months?
Would you consider leaving sky for another service provider in the next 12 months?"

So from what I can gather there's going to be a new and improved SKY Go style app for mobile devices. You can get a streaming stick that will plug into any compatible TV. You can then send whatever your watching on your mobile device directly to the TV via the streaming stick. Programs you have recorded on your SKY+ box can also be accessed in someway, probably by transferring the recording to a cloud, via this new mobile app and streaming stick. This would fit in with the suggestion of a Netflix like interface.

If this is the big announcement next week there's going to be a lot of dissapointed people.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 10:46   #2818
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

I agree Chad not going to revolutionise the tv industry.

Sounds like a mobile offering with tv streaming option possibly ?
Old 12-11-2015, 11:18   #2819
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Sky extends HBO deal within Europe

http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...-within-europe
Old 12-11-2015, 12:21   #2820
denphone
Still alive and fighting