Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 20-08-2017, 16:49   #2251
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver1948uk View Post
To me it is absolutely beyond belief that even the V6 does not have a dynamic EPG especially as VM are so pathetic at changing the guide even when they have 24 hours or more notice
Virgin media yesterdays technology today.
Advertisement
Old 20-08-2017, 17:02   #2252
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Old 20-08-2017, 17:10   #2253
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
I agree tbe v6 is a good box but soon it will be become clunky. They need to update boxes a bit more and try to get features people want
Old 20-08-2017, 18:15   #2254
oliver1948uk
cf.geek

Services: VM Mix TV, 200 internet, basic house phone. Also Virgin mobile phone
oliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quads

My ideal feature (which I doubt any box has at present) is that when you see a future programme advertised between programmes you are viewing, clicking on the advert will automatically set it to record when it is broadcast
Old 20-08-2017, 19:46   #2255
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver1948uk View Post
My ideal feature (which I doubt any box has at present) is that when you see a future programme advertised between programmes you are viewing, clicking on the advert will automatically set it to record when it is broadcast
I think SKY do this with their reminder service you click the green button then it sets it to record, if a series you can series link it too.

---------- Post added at 18:46 ---------- Previous post was at 17:36 ----------

Sources tell me 2 new channels are expected on vm by end of Autumn 2017 these channels are,
Frontrunner
Frontrunner 2
Old 20-08-2017, 19:59   #2256
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
I agree tbe v6 is a good box but soon it will be become clunky. They need to update boxes a bit more and try to get features people want
I think most most people are happy with their V6s - the main issue is content, although their is plenty to feast on with Netflix included.

The lack of Sky Atlantic is an important omission, and of course Amazon is also something which would provide VM with the edge, I think.

I hope and trust that the V6 will never get clunky like the old Tivo - VM should have learned their lesson from that experience!
Old 20-08-2017, 20:45   #2257
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I think most most people are happy with their V6s - the main issue is content, although their is plenty to feast on with Netflix included.

The lack of Sky Atlantic is an important omission, and of course Amazon is also something which would provide VM with the edge, I think.

I hope and trust that the V6 will never get clunky like the old Tivo - VM should have learned their lesson from that experience!

Getting the Amazon app would also open up more 4K/UHD content as well
Old 21-08-2017, 09:02   #2258
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Getting the Amazon app would also open up more 4K/UHD content as well
I know. It's a no-brainer for Virgin, really. I hope they manage to persuade Liberty Global of the sense of this, and soon.
Old 21-08-2017, 10:48   #2259
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Or just access it on one of the other many devices.
Old 21-08-2017, 11:08   #2260
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Which of course will not bring all the shows you are watching from various OTT services into your list of recordings.
Old 21-08-2017, 12:13   #2261
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Which of course he preaches the gospel on but alas struggles to do it himself.
Old 21-08-2017, 14:32   #2262
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Channel 5 changed its schedule yesterday evening to accommodate the life story of Bruce Forsythe

I had set the original programme to record, so it recorded this with the new title. The EPG, however, was still showing the previous schedule!?l?
Old 21-08-2017, 14:44   #2263
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Which of course he preaches the gospel on but alas struggles to do it himself.
I have all my Netflix material that I've selected in 'My Shows'

Obviously I cannot do that with Amazon material as it is not supported by VM.
Old 21-08-2017, 14:54   #2264
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I have all my Netflix material that I've selected in 'My Shows'

Obviously I cannot do that with Amazon material as it is not supported by VM.
Have you not got a smart TV or other relevant avenues where you can access Amazon on OB?.
Old 21-08-2017, 17:01   #2265
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

We see Virgin UK Channel 106 (BBC Three) has been removed from the EPG.

---------- Post added at 15:58 ---------- Previous post was at 15:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Confirmed:. Freesports coming to VM:

https://www.freesports.tv
Good if true.

Maybe Virgin Media UK will carry Premier Sports HD as well.

Calling JJ20X.

---------- Post added at 16:01 ---------- Previous post was at 15:58 ----------

a516Digital is reporting that Norwich's local TV channel Mustard TV is being sold That's TV.

http://www.a516digital.com/2017/08/n...o-be-sold.html
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Closed Thread