Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky+ & HD menu system

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sky+ & HD menu system

Old 11-07-2009, 10:37   #1
maobrien53
Inactive

maobrien53 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sky+ & HD menu system

I just installed Sky HD after using a freeview box and am really dissaponted with the menu system. e.g.

- Font is so large most menu title don't show in full
- constant need to press 'i' to get program info instead of being able to see that as you scroll thru programs.
- programs I am not subscibed to show and you only find out once you've selected it (can they be greyed out)
- etc

It seems a real step backwards from what I had with the freeview box. Is there an alternate menu system that can be downloaded from anywhere?
maobrien53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2009, 10:55   #2
mentalis
cf.geek

Services: | Freeview | VirginTV XL with TiVo | BB L | Phone M |
mentalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nicementalis is just really nice
Re: Sky+ & HD menu system

Which version of the EPG do you have?

I still have the old version which does have a large font, but I sometimes find that with my freeview and V+ boxes that I can't read the full title (Who wants to be a millionaire etc.).

There is a new Sky HD EPG on the way; some people have it, others (myself included) will have to wait (around 4 - 6 weeks was the last estimate)
mentalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 12:18   #3
maobrien53
Inactive

maobrien53 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, do you know how I check which version of EPG I have?
maobrien53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 13:10   #4
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

I understand the new epg has the small tv screen visible similar to V+. If you've not got that you're on the old epg.
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote