Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Old Today, 19:27   #3421
jj20x
cf.geek

jj20x has much to be proud ofjj20x has much to be proud ofjj20x has much to be proud ofjj20x has much to be proud ofjj20x has much to be proud ofjj20x has much to be proud ofjj20x has much to be proud ofjj20x has much to be proud ofjj20x has much to be proud ofjj20x has much to be proud of
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Is this on or off the EPG? Are you located outside their area?

They aren't allowed to encrypt PSB channels.

Thanks.
The main SD regional version of ITV in each area is not encrypted, additional versions for adjacent regions and AD versions are encrypted. The last scan data showed that the SDT had additional data added for STV AD. The data indicated that STV AD will be encrypted but that the pack codes hadn't been added at that point. That is the state usually seen when tests start, actual encryption follows shortly afterwards. At the time of the scan, STV AD hadn't been added to the NIT of VM's Scottish regions.

NIT data indicated that there has been frequency changes to networks on the Derby and Portsmouth headends, following on from those in other regions mentioned previously.
jj20x is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old Today, 20:18   #3422
OLD BOY
Experience is everything

Services: 2 V6 boxes; Full House with Sky Cinema; Now TV, Amazon and Netflix; VM broadband and landline
OLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appeal
OLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appeal

I feel so much better, knowing that.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 20:21   #3423
jj20x
cf.geek

jj20x has much to be proud ofjj20x has much to be proud ofjj20x has much to be proud ofjj20x has much to be proud ofjj20x has much to be proud ofjj20x has much to be proud ofjj20x has much to be proud ofjj20x has much to be proud ofjj20x has much to be proud ofjj20x has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I feel so much better, knowing that.
Well, it's not about Amazon bidding for Premiership rights, so I would have thought it would have left you distraught...
Old Today, 20:24   #3424
OLD BOY
Experience is everything

Services: 2 V6 boxes; Full House with Sky Cinema; Now TV, Amazon and Netflix; VM broadband and landline
OLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appeal
OLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
Well, it's not about Amazon bidding for Premiership rights, so I would have thought it would have left you distraught...
Don’t get me wrong, jj, you come up with some interesting stuff. However, I always thought that NIT data related to Diane Abbott’s mathematical calculations.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 20:32   #3425
jj20x
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Don’t get me wrong, jj, you come up with some interesting stuff. However, I always thought that NIT data related to Diane Abbott’s mathematical calculations.
Once again, NIT=Network Information Table and SDT=Service Description Table. I know that it's jargon but after it has already been repeated several times I would have thought that most of the followers of this thread would get the gist by now.
Old Today, 21:06   #3426
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

I'm sure that the majority of people do.

Interesting that VM are sticking to the letter of the law and encrypting what ITV regions that they can get away with scrambling, even though they have little to no value and aren't ordinarily available by the average cable subscriber, particularly when they will probably have to pay Nagra for it.

Do viewers in Scotland currently have to make do with ITV London AD like the rest of us?
RichardCoulter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 21:23   #3427
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Yes, Scotland gets ITV London AD on 853.
RobboEdin is online now   Reply With Quote