Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 21-12-2013, 19:56   #1666
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Xbox One Thread

That option was in there at launch. I don't use Instant On, though, so haven't tried it.

Anyone got any good GameDVR clips they want to share? I've saved a few, but haven't gotten around to making public SkyDrive links for them yet.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-12-2013, 20:10   #1667
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ex6tbsqgqlggqeo/MOV_0002.mp4

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7n70p5rqdeovu9e/MOV_0001.mp4

---------- Post added at 20:02 ---------- Previous post was at 20:01 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
That option was in there at launch. I don't use Instant On, though, so haven't tried it.

Anyone got any good GameDVR clips they want to share? I've saved a few, but haven't gotten around to making public SkyDrive links for them yet.
It's never worked for me before that's why I posted it. Same as my mate never worked for him either. I have posted links to 2 videos to show it

---------- Post added at 20:10 ---------- Previous post was at 20:02 ----------

Also i did say fixed in my last post
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2013, 15:28   #1668
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

A friend of mine has told me a nice little way on how to make about 100k-200k for about a 40 min race in Forza.

* Goto Free Play
* Choose Indy GP circut - Make sure its the Oval version
* Set race to 50 Laps
* Choose the Lotus F1 one (Indy cars may work but not tried)
* Turn all assists off (I only had auto gears on)
* Set Drivatar difficulty to unbeatable
* Tune the F1 car to max so it gets about 210mph e.g. change the gear ration and the take make all down force low
* Start the race and enjoy

As long as you win and end up first i believe its 200k for the win. It took me about 38 mins yesterday, i came 3rd and got 104k. I didnt change some of the car settings thats why i didnt win
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2013, 18:23   #1669
Sigma
Inactive

Services: TV XL/Phone XL/BB XL
Sigma is a jewel in the roughSigma is a jewel in the roughSigma is a jewel in the roughSigma is a jewel in the roughSigma is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
These aren't exactly "good", but it's all I've got, haha.

A long chip in for an eagle in Powerstar Golf: -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBa0T7th08Y

A ruck in Ryse: Son of Rome: -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiCT7_bW-Ik

Can you not embed YouTube videos on here? I can't see how to do it.
Sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2013, 16:54   #1670
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I played BF4 for a fair while last night and it seems a hell of a lot better than before. It seems the latest Xbox One patch for it has actually done something.

I was able to get into a server every time I hit Quick Match > Conquest, instead of it repeatedly failing.

I only had a single crash-to-dash the whole night, which was during an actual round. When I reloaded the game it did something I don't remember it doing before and automatically took me back to the game/server I was in before the crash as soon as I reloaded, instead of making me have to go through the menus and repeatedly attempt to join another game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ex6tbsqgqlggqeo/MOV_0002.mp4

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7n70p5rqdeovu9e/MOV_0001.mp4

---------- Post added at 20:02 ---------- Previous post was at 20:01 ----------

It's never worked for me before that's why I posted it. Same as my mate never worked for him either. I have posted links to 2 videos to show it

---------- Post added at 20:10 ---------- Previous post was at 20:02 ----------

Also i did say fixed in my last post
Fair enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
These aren't exactly "good", but it's all I've got, haha.

A long chip in for an eagle in Powerstar Golf: -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBa0T7th08Y

A ruck in Ryse: Son of Rome: -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiCT7_bW-Ik

Can you not embed YouTube videos on here? I can't see how to do it.

Nah, no embedding here.

I'll have to get some links for my BF4 videos. Nothing amazing, just a few nice long distance headshots (including one accidental one).

You're the Sigma with the PSU issue at the Xbox.com forums? I'm "Tezcatlipoca", posted in a few of those PSU threads...
Old 23-12-2013, 18:09   #1671
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

The Gadget show tonight on C5 are comparing the X1 to the PS4, should be interesting.
Old 23-12-2013, 18:10   #1672
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

I've seen some people post shortlinks for SkyDrive instead of those horrible long links.

It seems that only the web version of SkyDrive can create shortlinks. If you use the mobile app it only generates a long and stupid looking link.

But... the shortlinks are powered by Bit.ly. So, if you've got a nasty long link from the SkyDrive mobile app, you can just stick it in Bit.ly yourself to generate a sdrv.ms link.

-------

A few BF4 clips. Nothing remotely fancy, I just like saving headshots and stabbings.

My first melee counter: http://sdrv.ms/JZiXj6

Marksman on a beach: http://sdrv.ms/JZj5it

Train gunner headshot: http://sdrv.ms/1kzVGBT

Lucky Marksman on Golmud: http://sdrv.ms/1cNziOc

The only reason I got a headshot on that last one was because the guy went prone just as I fired, and because of the bullet drop it hit him in the head
Old 23-12-2013, 19:04   #1673
Sigma
Inactive

Sigma is a jewel in the roughSigma is a jewel in the roughSigma is a jewel in the roughSigma is a jewel in the roughSigma is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
You're the Sigma with the PSU issue at the Xbox.com forums? I'm "Tezcatlipoca", posted in a few of those PSU threads...
Yeah man!

Because I felt that I was getting nowhere with the PSU issue, I wrote an email and sent it to 10 different email addresses, hoping one of them belonged to Phil Spencer at Microsoft. I used different combinations of his initials/names. 8 of the emails bounced back as undeliverable, but 2 of them didn't and a couple of days later I got a personal reply from him, lol. Once he got involved, of course the level of customer support I received changed dramatically and things got sorted out at no cost to me (and I got a free game too).

I didn't want to mention it on the forums there because it would just annoy people who are still trying to get replacement parts without having to pay to ship things to Prague. I did manage to get a refund for that Thors Smeg guy who had paid over £90 to ship his console to Prague though and MS said that they are currently discussing how to improve support for people in the UK.
Old 23-12-2013, 19:43   #1674
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Ah!

It's a shame you had to go to such lengths to actually get any support, though

I've still not bothered contacting support about my PSU. I was going to wait until the new year and see if things have improved regarding support. There's no way I'm paying £60 to ship it to Prague, and then going weeks without being able to use my console while I wait for a replacement.
Old 23-12-2013, 19:59   #1675
Sigma
Inactive

What was wrong with yours again? Noisy?

I actually have 5 Xbox One PSUs now. The initial PSU made a ticking noise. The first replacement made a loud buzzing noise and was worse than the first overall. The next one also ticked. MS insisted to me that the PSU shouldn't be making such noises, so I asked them to properly check the next one before it was sent. 2 days later I received it and it was fine, but then a day after that I received yet another one, lol.

It's definitely a lottery. The one good one I have is spot on as far as noise is concerned and when the console is off (in the "instant on" mode) I can no longer hear the PSU, but I could with all of the others due to either ticking, buzzing or both.

I remember having a problem with an Xbox 360 PSU several years ago and when they replaced that, I had to send it to somewhere in the UK. Considering the UK is the most popular place in Europe for Xbox consoles, you would think they'd still have a repair centre here.
Old 23-12-2013, 21:04   #1676
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
The Gadget show tonight on C5 are comparing the X1 to the PS4, should be interesting.
I don't think much of reviews on The Gadget Show.

Jason "reviewed" the Pebble watch a while back, and claimed it could not do various things...things that it could actually do if he had bothered to follow the straightforward set up properly.

Quote:
What was wrong with yours again? Noisy?

I actually have 5 Xbox One PSUs now. The initial PSU made a ticking noise. The first replacement made a loud buzzing noise and was worse than the first overall. The next one also ticked. MS insisted to me that the PSU shouldn't be making such noises, so I asked them to properly check the next one before it was sent. 2 days later I received it and it was fine, but then a day after that I received yet another one, lol.

It's definitely a lottery. The one good one I have is spot on as far as noise is concerned and when the console is off (in the "instant on" mode) I can no longer hear the PSU, but I could with all of the others due to either ticking, buzzing or both.

I remember having a problem with an Xbox 360 PSU several years ago and when they replaced that, I had to send it to somewhere in the UK. Considering the UK is the most popular place in Europe for Xbox consoles, you would think they'd still have a repair centre here.

Yep, noisy.

Not noticeable when the volume is high, but if the console is simply sitting on the dash, or a film/game is in a quiet part, then it's quite noticeable... I soon gave up on using Instant On mode because it meant the PSU was making the noise 24/7, which was very annoying!

The whole Prague thing is a joke. Why should customers have to pay to ship faulty items under warranty? £60ish for a PSU going by posts at Xbox.com, and IIRC it was £30 or £40 for a controller.
Old 23-12-2013, 21:33   #1677
Sigma
Inactive

I gave up on The Gadget Show ages ago. It seemed to get more over the top, while being more dumbed down at the same time. "This week we're going to test a rugged laptop........ by blowing it up with a hand grenade!". I prefer the tech shows on TWIT.

And yeah, the Prague thing is a massive pain. I'm hoping that what I was told is true and that they will find a better way of dealing with these issues for UK customers, but I'll believe it when I see it. Fingers crossed, I have no further issues with my console now.
Old 23-12-2013, 22:49   #1678
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Its become the Top Gear of the Gadget world lol.
Old 24-12-2013, 05:35   #1679
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I gave up on The Gadget Show ages ago. It seemed to get more over the top, while being more dumbed down at the same time. "This week we're going to test a rugged laptop........ by blowing it up with a hand grenade!". I prefer the tech shows on TWIT.

And yeah, the Prague thing is a massive pain. I'm hoping that what I was told is true and that they will find a better way of dealing with these issues for UK customers, but I'll believe it when I see it. Fingers crossed, I have no further issues with my console now.
I agree re gadget show.

Started off with potential, then as you say, they started just blowing things up instead of reviewing (I enjoy a good blow up with the best of them, but lets have some review foreplay first )
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2013, 13:43   #1680
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Halo: Spartan Assault is out for Xbox One, for £11.99 in the Store.

Also out now is Max: The Curse of Brotherhood, £11.99 in the Store. It's a reboot of the earlier Wii game Max and the Magic Marker.

I've not seen any reviews yet for the X1 version of Spartan Assault, but the Windows version was received quite well. From what I've read, it was praised for its graphics, gameplay, and Halo look & feel, with the main negatives being the touchscreen controls (not an issue on X1) and microtransactions.

Max has had some mixed reviews so far. Some solid 8s and 9s, but also some 6s.