Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Problems with 4G Mobile offer on Virgin Media

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Problems with 4G Mobile offer on Virgin Media

Old 16-07-2017, 19:47   #1
bargepole
cf.member

Services: Virgin 150meg, VM phone, Virgin TV XL , V+, Tivo, Virgin mobile
bargepole is an unknown quantity at this point
Problems with 4G Mobile offer on Virgin Media

When I go to my upgrades and offers on VM there's a mobile offer of 4GB of 4G plus 2500mins sim for £8pm on 12 month contract. Currently I am on a £5 pay monthly contract 3G, unlimited minutes, which can be cancelled with one months notice. I also have 3 pay as you go mobiles on the same account.

When I try to check out the 4GB sim it offers me either a new number or one of the three pay as you go numbers to be on the 4GB deal not the £5 pay monthly number which is the one I want to use. Anyone come across this before or any ideas how I might get round it? I tried phoning Virgin Mobile but they couldn't see the 4GB for £8 offer so couldn't help. Tried opening a chat with VM and they said "Try to go to virginmobile.co.uk then wait for the chat box to pop up because we only deal for the TV, broadband and landline upgrade. Thank you".

---------- Post added at 18:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:27 ----------

Finally managed to sort it out with some difficulty and 3 more phone calls. To cut a long story short I ended up at mobile retentions, ( I'd never threatened to leave), but they obviously had the authority to upgrade the number currently on the £5 deal to the 4G deal.
So thank you VM for offering me such an exclusive deal that wasted so much of my time, you've exceeded my expectations.
bargepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-07-2017, 14:27   #2
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one
Re: Problems with 4G Mobile offer on Virgin Media

You did well as there is no 4G plan for £5 p/m.
Lowest price is £6