Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode 7 due in 2015 & more after...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode 7 due in 2015 & more after...

Old 30-10-2012, 21:22   #1
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode 7 due in 2015 & more after...

Media giant Disney has purchased movie and TV production house Lucasfilm for $4.05B in cash and stock. Star Wars Episode 7 is targeted for release in 2015, with more feature films expected to continue the Star Wars saga. Lucasfilm founder George Lucas will act as a creative consultant for the next film.

http://thenextweb.com/media/2012/10/...ash-and-stock/

Old 30-10-2012, 21:28   #2
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
re: Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode 7 due in 2015 & more after...

http://news.sky.com/story/1004857/di...s-film-company
Old 30-10-2012, 21:34   #3
Jameseh

Disney have done well with Marvel and The Avengers so hopefully they will do as well with Star Wars.
Old 30-10-2012, 21:36   #4
Will21st
Inactive

Services: XL Tv,100MB,M Phone.
Will21st has reached the bronze age
Will21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Media giant Disney has purchased movie and TV production house Lucasfilm for $4.05B in cash and stock. Star Wars Episode 7 is targeted for release in 2015, with more feature films expected to continue the Star Wars saga. Lucasfilm founder George Lucas will act as a creative consultant for the next film.

http://thenextweb.com/media/2012/10/...ash-and-stock/

That new films were coming hasn't really been news for a while now,but Disney buying Lucasfilm.... wow

I guess this mean we will get a new 3D Star Wars movie and Avatar 2 3D in 2015!!
What a year that is going to be!
Will21st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 22:01   #5
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode 7 due in 2015 & more after...

This is (potentially) awesome news

More Star Wars films... without George to mess them up!
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 22:09   #6
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post

I dunno how I feel about this. The fact its Disney means it will not be dark gritty and bloody which is what I really want to see from a new Star Wars movie
Old 30-10-2012, 22:13   #7
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
I dunno how I feel about this. The fact its Disney means it will not be dark gritty and bloody which is what I really want to see from a new Star Wars movie
Yes it will be interesting on how that go about doing these further films and what possible new characters we will possibly see.
Old 30-10-2012, 22:17   #8
Will21st
Inactive

Services: XL Tv,100MB,M Phone.
Will21st has reached the bronze age
Will21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post

Well,he is staying on as a creative consultant
Will21st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 22:24   #9
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

All 6 Star Wars films films were rated U by the BBFC. Are you expecting Disney to change that?

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 22:40   #10
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
All 6 Star Wars films films were rated U by the BBFC. Are you expecting Disney to change that?
No if you read my post properly I clearly state Disney will not provide the movie I want

Oh and btw revenge of the sith was a 12

oh deary me 1 and 2 were PG
Old 30-10-2012, 22:52   #11
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I adore Science Fiction..but frankly most of the SF films produced at the moment are just plain total tat..full of 2 dimensional people and all about special effects.

I tend to be serious about my SF and I don't actually read any comic books and frankly the science in them is crap.However this is what seems to be leading the SF film market.That and endlessly franchised crap.

The last really good SF film that had any real worth was Gattaca..it did what SF is suppose to do.It explored ideas and shunned action.Dialogue and plot were all and the acting was superb.But then a film with Jude Law,Ethan Hawke would bound to have good acting.What's more it's a believable just possible futuristic view of a future world.

Sadly I cannot see how a 7th film of a increasingly ridiculous franchise with be really worth making let alone viewing especially if cutesy wutesy Disney are involved.

Don't get me wrong I loved Star Wars and Star Trek but I have grown up and I now want some really good SF.I am fed up with Hollywood milking the continuous franchises and spin offs and reboots.

I want something NEW. And thank heavens there was NEVER a Blade Runner 2...
Old 30-10-2012, 22:54   #12
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

The three 'new' SW films were dire. Why make more? The originals have never been, and never will be improved upon.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 22:58   #13
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
You ever seen Pulp Fiction? That was technically a Disney movie as Disney owned Miramax (the studio that produced Pulp Fiction) when it was produced.

Disney apparently have a rule. They will only produce family friendly films under the Disney name (to protect the image) but subsidiary studios are free to produce films in whatever genre they want.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 23:00   #14
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
You ever seen Pulp Fiction? That was technically a Disney movie as Disney owned Miramax (the studio that produced Pulp Fiction) when it was produced.

Disney apparently have a rule. They will only produce family friendly films under the Disney name (to protect the image) but subsidiary studios are free to produce films in whatever genre they want.
Do you honestly think they will make a grown up Star Wars? I doubt it but I hope they do
Old 30-10-2012, 23:02   #15
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
I adore Science Fiction..but frankly most of the SF films produced at the moment are just plain total tat..full of 2 dimensional people and all about special effects.

I tend to be serious about my SF and I don't actually read any comic books and frankly the science in them is crap.However this is what seems to be leading the SF film market.That and endlessly franchised crap.

The last really good SF film that had any real worth was Gattaca..it did what SF is suppose to do.It explored ideas and shunned action.Dialogue and plot were all and the acting was superb.But then a film with Jude Law,Ethan Hawke would bound to have good acting.What's more it's a believable just possible futuristic view of a future world.

Sadly I cannot see how a 7th film of a increasingly ridiculous franchise with be really worth making let alone viewing especially if cutesy wutesy Disney are involved.

Don't get me wrong I loved Star Wars and Star Trek but I have grown up and I now want some really good SF.I am fed up with Hollywood milking the continuous franchises and spin offs and reboots.

I want something NEW. And thank heavens there was NEVER a Blade Runner 2...
Yet . Blade runner two is in development.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote