Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Acts of kindness

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Acts of kindness

Old 02-09-2017, 17:56   #1
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Acts of kindness

The media is so fixated with stories of doom and gloom that it makes a very nice change to read stuff like this:

Quote:
A bride-to-be has been reunited with her engagement ring - after accidentally sending it more than 200 miles away.
Amazon worker Tatiana Fernandez, 49, lost the diamond band as she packed a box of children's books at a warehouse in Gourock, Inverclyde.
The ring was sent, along with the books, to a customer in Manchester.
Customer Stephenie Healiss later contacted Amazon to say she had been sent the precious possession.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-41134831

Well done Ms Healiss! I hope she gets an invitation to the wedding.

Anyone got any personal (or other) stories of kindess to relate?

Speaking personally, on a couple of occasions over the years Osem Jnr # 2 has been helped by passers by when he was in danger. On one occasion when he was very young, he just walked off for some reason and was found the other side of the nearby main road by a passing motorist. She'd spotted me working in the front garden and asked if I knew this little lad she'd found wandering alone!! On another occasion when boarding a bus he missed his footing and stumbled and a young man standing behind me grabbed him before he fell underneath. More recently he had a seizure in our local high street and purely by chance we didn't notice until we were quite some distance away from him. Luckily a passing member of public saw what was happening and was kind enough to hold onto him as I ran back to get him. All these occasions were heart in mouth moments I can tell you.

Last edited by Osem; 02-09-2017 at 17:59.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement