Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 05-08-2016, 21:43   #4621
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

I may have been a bit harsh, but it really wasn't very good.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2016, 07:44   #4622
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
I last saw the movie "clash of the titans" (1981) recorded off analogue cable in the 80s on VHS

EXCELLENT MOVIE..... MUCH BETTER THAN THAT REMADE PIECE OF CRAP IN 2010!! (B)
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 08:22   #4623
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I last saw the movie "clash of the titans" (1981) recorded off analogue cable in the 80s on VHS

EXCELLENT MOVIE..... MUCH BETTER THAN THAT REMADE PIECE OF CRAP IN 2010!! (B)
Yes l remember the 80's version and l thought it was pretty good.
Old 06-08-2016, 23:00   #4624
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
4/10 is generous more like 2.5/10
I'll give Suicide Squad 2/10, it was absolutely pants. I don't understand what DC Comics' problem is, they just can't get the characters right. Marvel manage to tell an amazing story about each of the characters, even with an ensemble cast like X-men, and you come to know and love each of them for their history and who they are. DC just seem to bang out generic action movies and the characters in them just don't seem to matter and that includes the Superman films from a few years ago as well. They seem to struggle to get the depth. I hope Wonder Woman is better. I think I'll enjoy it more just because Gal Gadot is in it. I saw a trailer for it in front of Suicide Squad and it looks like Captain America: Politically Correct Female Version.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 23:30   #4625
techguyone
Deus Vult

techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age

Aw well, maybe just a good popcorn movie then, DC don't seem to get it right like Marvel though.
Old 07-08-2016, 00:02   #4626
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

if you want an action movie for an 8 year old then yes. Even the main story was crap like BvS and had many holes in it. I wasn't looking to be picky, I was hoping this was going to be really good but as I was watching it stupid things stuck out like a sore thumb and I just sat there thinking "that doesn't make sense".
Old 07-08-2016, 03:35   #4627
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Look at the trailer for Justice League, Snyder appears to have figured out that the whole Dark themed directing doesn't apply to every single movie you make..

Guy shouldn't be allowed anywhere near movies after Sucker Punch.

Marvel got this stuff locked down years ago. Besides Nolan's take on Batman I can't think of many 'great' DC movies before they typically hit the reset button and here we are starting all over with mediocre movies. Snyder's Man of Steel lacked the Dark tone and funnily enough I found it to be the best Superman movie to date.. Then you learn Nolan basically shadowed him all the way through it then Nolan took an even further back seat for Dawn of Justice and to no surprise, the misery and depressing theme from Snyder's portfolio is back.

Can either pay Nolan double and hope he directs or just wait ten years for a reboot.

Also despite being solid, Marvel don't get it entirely their own way, I think Age of Ultron was massively overrated. Spader started off well as Ultron with great lines and dialogue setting him up as a monstrous villain, the quotes from Pinocciho were brilliant but then he just fades away and becomes unbelievably dull for the remainder. Also losing the battle between Quicksilver MCU and Quicksilver X-men, the latter being done far better. Luckily Civil war made up for this shortfall, notably the fight scenes involving Panther and the dialogue from the new Spiderman.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 07-08-2016 at 03:48.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:35   #4628
General Maximus
Ran Away

That is the thing, the only DC related movie(s) I like (absolutely love) are the Dark Knight trilogy, especially Batman Begins, because it is all about the character and his story.
Old 07-08-2016, 11:31   #4629
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Defendor. Billed as a comedy drama, but only if you find a disabled person's mental state comical. 8/10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1303828/?ref_=nv_sr_1
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 15:19   #4630
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Ghostbusters 7/10. Far better than the reaction to the film suggests. Not the world's best comedy but I would see the sequel based on it.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 06:58   #4631
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
I last saw ITS A WONDERFUL LIFE (1946) on VHS

I rate it A+!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 09:35   #4632
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Doesn't matter what format the film is viewed in. Its perfection.

Suicide Squad 7/10

I actually quite enjoyed it.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:12   #4633
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Doesn't matter what format the film is viewed in. Its perfection.

Suicide Squad 7/10

I actually quite enjoyed it.
So its actually much better then the terrible reviews that it got Stephen?.
Old 10-08-2016, 13:29   #4634
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Well not much better but I personally enjoyed it.
Old 10-08-2016, 13:44   #4635
techguyone
Deus Vult

I was like that with Sucker Punch, reviews slated it, I liked it.