Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media only doing half my street

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Virgin Media only doing half my street

Old 09-11-2017, 12:48   #1
jay152
Inactive

jay152 is on a distinguished roadjay152 is on a distinguished road
Virgin Media only doing half my street

Hi all strange thing happening in my area.

Virgin media have decided to start work putting in ducts in my street but apparently on this phase are only doing half the street basically from the bottom of the street to half way. I am at the top of the street.

Anyway I can find out or see proposed virgin media drawings to see if / when the rest of the street will be done?

I asked the guys putting in the green duct but they didn't know and were all Romanian.
jay152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2017, 12:58   #2
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: Virgin Media only doing half my street

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay152 View Post

Virgin media have decided to start work putting in ducts in my street but apparently on this phase are only doing half the street basically from the bottom of the street to half way. I am at the top of the street.

Anyway I can find out or see proposed virgin media drawings to see if / when the rest of the street will be done?

I asked the guys putting in the green duct but they didn't know and were all Romanian.
You've no chance of that. Classed as company sensitive information.

Get the rest of the street to apply here if VM see it as financially viable they may continue the rest of the street or return at a later date to finish it off.
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 13:07   #3
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay152 View Post

Your local authority might be able to help if they needed permission to carry out this work. In the past i've viewed planning applications to see what competitors are up to.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 13:15   #4
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

I have a similar issue where I live, a new build property estate. I was told/promised it would all be live in July, August at the latest. Cabs appeared, they have a nice hum and virgin media stickers on them saying you can get cable here.

The problem is, literally only half of the estate has been done. The other half (where I live) has been missed off because they don't have access to a duct they need due to other works ongoing on the estate.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 14:40   #5
jay152
Inactive

Hi thanks for reply there's no chance of my street signing that we don't even talk as a street never mind anything else lol

I know my area has plans weesty on here pm me ages ago telling me but can't get thru to him now on here
Old 10-11-2017, 16:35   #6
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Just pop a leaflet through their door.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 16:49   #7
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age

Hi Jay, already replied to your message but thought I would leave a comment here as well. You are served from the next cabinet in the route, those works will be noticed for separately. We dont blanket notice and dig an area, no local authority would allow that. We tend to notice a street or 2 at a time and and work to a 100-200m trench area art a time.

HTH

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 19:42   #8
jay152
Inactive

Weesteev massively appreciate you getting back to me if have sent you a Private message matey ��

Also on side note any idea when my street works are planned for my Cabinet?

Jay

Last edited by jay152; 10-11-2017 at 20:16.
Old 16-11-2017, 21:48   #9
jay152
Inactive

Weesteev any updates on my PM mate?