Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | favourite football matches

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

favourite football matches

Old 31-08-2007, 22:40   #31
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: favourite football matches

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbuxton View Post
Is that the one when Justin Fashanu scored that wicked curl on the turn from like 30 yards, awsome goal?
Yep.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-08-2007, 22:42   #32
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueRaja View Post
Wouldn't be like a Manc to get easily confused.

Let me spell it out for you, like nearly 95% of Man U "fans", i've never been to a premiership game where the team i enjoy watching is playing and as such i dont class myself as a supporter, unlike Man U fans.

However i attend (you know - the game itself not just watch it on the box) nearly every Falkirk game and as such am a supporter.

Really, you would have thought by now they'd be teaching Man U fans this stuff on MOTD.
Just because some people are unable to get to games for various reason like not being able to afford it, too high of demand for tickets, travel etc, doesn't mean they cannot be a fan/supporter.
Shadow Demon UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2007, 22:47   #33
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK View Post
Just because some people are unable to get to games for various reason like not being able to afford it, too high of demand for tickets, travel etc, doesn't mean they cannot be a fan/supporter.
You missed the real reason, because they are Glory Hunters who live nowhere near Manchester.

Would have thought you'd have had that one in there right at the top...

And if they cant afford it or there is too high a demand or your too far away, here's a suggestion:-

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TEAM!
TheBlueRaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2007, 23:03   #34
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:

And if they cant afford it or there is too high a demand or your too far away, here's a suggestion:-

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TEAM!
Even if they're crap and watching them is like watching paint dry? I can think of better ways to spend the afternoon.
Old 31-08-2007, 23:04   #35
on in an hour!
Inactive

Location: looking at a nice new scar in the tarmac outside my house!
Services: staff deal
on in an hour! has reached the bronze age
on in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Let me spell it out for you, like nearly 95% of Man U "fans", i've never been to a premiership game where the team i enjoy watching is playing and as such i dont class myself as a supporter, unlike Man U fans.

However i attend (you know - the game itself not just watch it on the box) nearly every Falkirk game and as such am a supporter.

Really, you would have thought by now they'd be teaching Man U fans this stuff on MOTD.
he he!!!
on in an hour! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2007, 23:07   #36
kingbuxton
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV/Tinternet/Phone (Home)
kingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quads

It's the old, old story. Liverpool had it in the 70's and 80's. Chelsea have it now. Any team that wins gets the leachers. Never assume that UTD can't fill OT when the success falls off, it's folly. It was full in the old second Div, was full in the 70's 80's and 90's and still is. When all the hangers on leach onto someone else, the real fans will get a chance. As is everything involving UTD it get picked on and amplified.
kingbuxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2007, 23:16   #37
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TEAM!
So if i moved house would i have to change the team i support, because if i carried on supporting them i would be breaking your rule of having to support the football team nearest to where i live? My local team atm would probably be Chelsea, so do you think i should start supporting them now then? Theres more to supporting a football team than where you live.
Old 31-08-2007, 23:27   #38
homealone

sadly a thread intended to solicit opinion about individual football matches has degenerated into the usual tribal crap
Old 31-08-2007, 23:30   #39
kingbuxton
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV/Tinternet/Phone (Home)
kingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone View Post
sadly a thread intended to solicit opinion about individual football matches has degenerated into the usual tribal crap
That's forums for you. There should be a formula that can tell you how long it will take, there is one that says all forums turn to Nazi within so many posts (this doesn't count). Unfortunatley you can't bring UTD into any discussion without it getting nasty, that's the way it is.
kingbuxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2007, 23:33   #40
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Im a firestarter, twisted firestarter...
Old 31-08-2007, 23:35   #41
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Quote:
Your right.

Back on topic - One of the best England games i've seen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFBvV...related&search=
Old 31-08-2007, 23:46   #42
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

One of the best England games I've seen was England - Holland at Euro 96. Did I not like that...

---------- Post added at 23:46 ---------- Previous post was at 23:45 ----------

Quote:
Im a firestarter, twisted firestarter...
I'm sure you can think of other words that fit the bill.
Old 31-08-2007, 23:51   #43
yesman

Quote:
Awww!

I think you were the one who was tempted by the bait
Old 01-09-2007, 10:43   #44
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Well you seemed to be getting confused over the term "fan". Strange how our attendances are one of the highest in the league. Just because we appeal to more people than the locals...and that never happened to your second club in the '70s/'80s eh?

Quote:
You missed the real reason, because they are Glory Hunters who live nowhere near Manchester.

Would have thought you'd have had that one in there right at the top...

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TEAM!
I do support my local team, but who really cares about that? You for some reason...

Quote:
Well, it was going along fine, no taunting until someone had a pop in this post...sorry about having to reply Gaz...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbuxton View Post
That's forums for you. There should be a formula that can tell you how long it will take, there is one that says all forums turn to Nazi within so many posts (this doesn't count). Unfortunatley you can't bring UTD into any discussion without it getting nasty, that's the way it is.
See my reply to Homealone...
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 12:45   #45
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I do support my local team, but who really cares about that? You for some reason...
Good on ya mate - your one in a million.

Literally.