Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Internet connection

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Internet connection
View Poll Results: How do you connect your V6 to the internet?
Connected directly my Superhub 12 34.29%
Via home plugs 3 8.57%
Wireless 18 51.43%
Don’t know 2 5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23-11-2017, 23:50   #1
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation
Question Internet connection

Just wondering how your new TiVo V6 box is connected to the internet? In my case with the new Superhub 3 I have had a world of trouble with my home plugs since the instillation, so now resorting to connecting it by WiFi now!
Advertisement
Old 24-11-2017, 00:12   #2
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Internet connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhatter67 View Post
Just wondering how your new TiVo V6 box is connected to the internet? In my case with the new Superhub 3 I have had a world of trouble with my home plugs since the instillation, so now resorting to connecting it by WiFi now!
I'm connected very successfully to wifi.

I don't understand why you are having trouble with your home plugs. Maybe one of our more technically minded gurus can help with that. Did you set it up yourself or did Virgin carry out the installation?
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2017, 00:19   #3
mhatter67

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I'm connected very successfully to wifi.

I don't understand why you are having trouble with your home plugs. Maybe one of our more technically minded gurus can help with that. Did you set it up yourself or did Virgin carry out the installation?
They set it up, had no problems with the home plugs on my old Superhub 2, then with the new Superhub get constant loss of connection, very annoying when watching Netflix when it stops and gets stuck on 25%
Old 24-11-2017, 00:34   #4
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

The hub 3 is crap!
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2017, 00:38   #5
mhatter67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
The hub 3 is crap!
I agree, shame that a hub that everyone seems to be complaining about ever got launched with all the issues
Old 24-11-2017, 08:23   #6
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

I have a hub 3 but haven't noticed any issues yet.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2017, 09:25   #7
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Homeplugs are susceptible to interference and clashing with each other, and performance can be affected by how the mains cabling in your house is wired.

Your poll is flawed by the way, as many people will have more than one V6, connected by different means.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2017, 11:01   #8
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhatter67 View Post
I agree, shame that a hub that everyone seems to be complaining about ever got launched with all the issues
Obviously you've never heard of the SH1 then.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2017, 21:01   #9
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Have 2 v6 boxes, 1 is next to the hub and is connected via Ethernet cable the other is upstairs and connected via wifi.

Shame the poll doesn't allow a vote that reflects this.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2017, 21:54   #10
mhatter67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Have 2 v6 boxes, 1 is next to the hub and is connected via Ethernet cable the other is upstairs and connected via wifi.

Sorry about that, interesting that not many people use home plugs with their V6!
Old 25-11-2017, 00:48   #11
multiskilled
cf.geek

Services: Player tv , V6, phone l, bb 100Meg.
multiskilled has reached the bronze age
multiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze age

Connected by wifi, no problems using hub2.
Old 25-11-2017, 08:41   #12
arcimedes
cf.mega poster

Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2, 200Mb Broadband XL phone
arcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond reputearcimedes has a reputation beyond repute

I put down that mine is connected to the superhub as you didn't provide a category for other router (ASUS)
arcimedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2017, 16:47   #13
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post

Mine is the opposite. Lounge Box connected via 5Ghz WiFi, Bedroom box via a 4 metre ethernet cable.

Would be interesting to know how many people are getting away with using 2.4Ghz as opposed to 5Ghz. I have a stronger signal on 2.4 but streaming HD was causing issues.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2017, 17:02   #14
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

I use 2.4, 5 was utter crap!
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2017, 22:53   #15
mhatter67

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
Mine is the opposite. Lounge Box connected via 5Ghz WiFi, Bedroom box via a 4 metre ethernet cable.

Would be interesting to know how many people are getting away with using 2.4Ghz as opposed to 5Ghz. I have a stronger signal on 2.4 but streaming HD was causing issues.
Stupid question but does the new Superhub 3 choose the strongest channel for you?