Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The X Files is back!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

The X Files is back!

Old 09-02-2016, 22:31   #31
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: The X Files is back!

Have to disagree abut the new series. It has felt very sincere and well worth the wait. I can't remember how the series ended either but the second movie was rubbish. This has felt like a much better continuation and hope there will be more.

Episode 3 was a right laugh and was meant to be totally toungue in cheek and a bit of a not serious mickey take of itself.
Old 13-02-2016, 14:43   #32
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

l thought it was pretty reasonable myself.
Old 13-02-2016, 17:09   #33
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I'm recording them on ch5 - going to wait 'till it's finished then watch them all at once.

Hope it's worth the wait
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2016, 22:23   #34
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Wasnt keen on Ep 4, worst so far IMO.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2016, 23:37   #35
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I haven't seen any of the new ones yet but if they are as bad as people say they are (or at least not as good as expected) then hopefully Fox will throw a tonne of dosh at the next season and they'll get some fantastic writers and spend the time to hammer out some cracking stories like we are used to. They can do it with 24 and Homeland so X-Files should be no exception.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2016, 19:37   #36
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Why would Fox bother doing that when it's still getting great ratings despite the quality not being very good?

The writers for the "revival" are the same as for the original run, anyway - including the show's creator Chris Carter. Can't see Fox ditching him.

Not sure why you mentioned Homeland. It's not from Fox, and - unlike 24 and The X Files (and Prison Break and Heroes) - it didn't get cancelled after going down the toilet only to later be resurrected years later.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2016, 23:19   #37
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I've enjoyed them all but then, maybe I am ust happy to see it back.
Old 15-02-2016, 20:33   #38
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Have to disagree abut the new series. It has felt very sincere and well worth the wait. I can't remember how the series ended either but the second movie was rubbish. This has felt like a much better continuation and hope there will be more.

Episode 3 was a right laugh and was meant to be totally toungue in cheek and a bit of a not serious mickey take of itself.
I get that, but most of the time they do these kind of episodes after 5 series' or so, not the 3rd episode of the 1st series.

That episode totally ruined it for me.
Old 15-02-2016, 20:43   #39
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
I get that, but most of the time they do these kind of episodes after 5 series' or so, not the 3rd episode of the 1st series.

That episode totally ruined it for me.
It's not exactly the first series, but instead season 10
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2016, 19:09   #40
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

It is definitely coming back:

The X-Files returned to FOX for season 10 earlier this year, and there is a season 11 planned – it is really a matter of finding time in the busy schedule of the stars and others involved.
Chris Carter spoke with Digital Spy about the series in a new interview, and he gave fans the latest update on the next season of the series, which stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson. He said the following:

“There was talk of trying to film them in November, but that said, that would mean I would have to be getting to work right now, and I’ve not even made the calls. I’d have to go into very quick action to make that happen, so, until someone gives me a clear idea about when they would actually have open schedules to film episodes, I’m going to continue on my vacation.”
Old 22-11-2017, 19:39   #41
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

X-Files Season 11 starts in the US (Fox) on Jan 3 2018, the season consists of 10 episodes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_X-Files_(season_11)

Old 09-01-2018, 02:05   #42
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Well the first episode was ok I guess, not a big fan of the whole "it was a dream/vision/whatever" thing.

At least we got some proper history on the smoking man at last.

Old 09-01-2018, 09:35   #43
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

I felt it was a better start than last years series opener.

Good to finally get some back story to the smoking man.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:06   #44
General Maximus
Ran Away

I haven't seen any of the new ones yet. Because the BBC dicked about when they originally aired years ago and never told you when it was the end of the season or when it was coming back, and it just randomly disappeared, I think I have only ever seen up to season 6. I am working my way through them properly atm and have just started season 4 and am looking forward to catching up with the newer ones.

As an fyi though, this may be the last season because Gillian Anderson won't be coming back.

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/x...eaving-series/
Old 09-01-2018, 11:47   #45
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

I am sure that BBC eventually lost the rights and the final 2-3 series ended up airing on Sky1.

I do remember that even though it aired at 9pm there were a few episodes the BBC didn't show till 11pm. Fire was one that I remember not being on till that time.