Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Problems With My Wireless Belkin Router And NTL

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Problems With My Wireless Belkin Router And NTL

Old 03-03-2006, 22:26   #16
Gster
Inactive

Gster is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Problems With My Wireless Belkin Router And NTL

Im sure it was the router number that connects to my PC (i have 4 of em) goes orange, and doesnt matter which one its plugged into. But if its a router problem im gonna be rather ****ed, this has taken nearly a month of faffing about and countless hours <_<
Gster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2006, 09:14   #17
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

Gster other then the orange light on 1 of the ports are any of the other lights on ie on Power, Modem and Internet?
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 11:21   #18
magpie03
Inactive

Services: Sky TV ntl BB
magpie03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Reading these messages with interest.
I've recently bought a belkin router, and since installing it I get frequent "Server too slow to respond messages" coming up that require several refreshes before a page displays.
Looking at the router panel, the internet light keeps blinking when I am waiting for a page.
I thought it was ntl screwing with my connection, but now I'm not so sure.
Is there anyone who has had success with belkin to sort this?
magpie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 21:33   #19
Gster
Inactive

damn i cant remember withoyu plugging it all back in etc. Its either the power light or the modem light that is also on. Looks like its going back and im getting a linksy or whatever to replace it
Old 12-03-2006, 22:17   #20
magpie03
Inactive

No success with my belkin router - went and got a netgear router to see of that would make any difference - nothing.
Since then found out that its not the router. Connecting the modem direct to the PC still gave me timeout and server not responding messages and since discovered that ntl are having 'some' troubles with their servers.
Could this be related?
Old 13-03-2006, 00:23   #21
Gster
Inactive

well my internet is working sweet as a nut without the router so im thinking its maybe a settings problem from the router if you got a netgear one, maybe NTL and routers are being a bit asexual and not being compatable.

And did you reconnect your ethernet to your PC and reset both (PC and MODEM) with atleast a 30 sec pause.
Old 13-03-2006, 00:38   #22
magpie03
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gster
And did you reconnect your ethernet to your PC and reset both (PC and MODEM) with atleast a 30 sec pause.
Oh yes - switched everything off, moved cables, switched modem on, waited for lights to settle, powered up PC and HEY PRESTO - a few clicks and the time out messages appeared again (as they have trying to get back into here late Sunday night and early Monday morning).
Old 13-03-2006, 00:51   #23
Gster
Inactive

Unless Belkin (which im having MAJOR problems with) use maybe the same components as NetGear its weird. Its basic so im sorry to say but have you checked all your settings within your network connection settings? make sure they are standard as i know i changed many while trying to "fix" it.

So unless NTL are doing something bad it has to be the router or settings. Im wondering if BT have router problems like we (NTL) do?
Old 14-03-2006, 19:24   #24
Edenite
Inactive

Services: Sky Digital , NTL 2 gig BB
Edenite is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Edenite

Hi people , I am also with NTL im using their 2mb unlimited package and i too have in the last couple of days begun to experience the exact same problem whereby the orange light comes on and internet connection is lost. i have been pulling out the power supply cable sometimes once every five minutes and it is really beginning to get on my nerves now , it is only a recent problem. Two days ago i bought the microsoft wireless desktop 6000 , im not sure if this would interfere with anything because sometimes i find the the connection resets itself but the router remains on.
Edenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2006, 12:43   #25
fez
Inactive

fez is an unknown quantity at this point

hello, im experiencing the same problems.

I will be using the internet as normal then all of a suddenly the router will 'crash'. The only lights left on are the modem light (because the modem is still on im guessing) and the '1' light (this is now orange) which has my other computer wired to it.

I have to reboot the router in order to get my connection back :/
fez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2006, 22:45   #26
Gster
Inactive

Im thinking this is to much of a coincidence to be a Belkin fault. I mean some say its been ok then blam its all messed up.

Now im no expert on anything but drinking, but this does seem to me to be a fact Belkin products arnt happy with NTL connections, and maybe the "new" people with faults are the fact their areas have been "upgraded" maybe?

As i say im no expert, but it does seem iffy. 100+ (lets not forget only a small percentage come here before returning their product) customers having problems with Belkin routers, and the SAME problem (on here anyway) seems a little more than coincidence...
Old 17-03-2006, 10:38   #27
cr0wner
Inactive

cr0wner is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, exactly. I spend hours last week with that same Wireless G router and NTL, and eventually even the Belkin tech support told me it must be a dud so to return it. So I bought a Linksys as a replacement (more expensive) and guess what, exactly the same problem. This isnt a router problem, its an NTL problem.

Getting NTL to recognise that though is another question alltogether.

My internet is absolutely fine if I just plug the modem straight in to the PC (ethernet) but as soon as the routers in the equation the ENET light on my NTL:home 120 modem flashes consistently and I cant get on the net.

Ive tried everything. Endless power cycles, hard resets, Mac cloneing... The only thing I havent tried yetis moving to BT. But its not far off I tell you...
cr0wner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2006, 19:10   #28
Gster
Inactive

Well it doesnt seem to be Modem problems as i had this with the old model (150 is it?, im now on 250). So any idea's from the tech guru's side, i dont want to return the router if its not the routers fault and can be sorted out some other way???!!!

Or even reccomend a different router that WILL work..............
Old 22-03-2006, 10:26   #29
cr0wner
Inactive

cr0wner is an unknown quantity at this point

Well. It seems weve exhausted the worlds supply of ntl trouble shooting knowlege. Bummer. Goodness knows what next. Resign myself to the idea that Im never going to have a home network I guess...
cr0wner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2006, 00:08   #30
Gster
Inactive

well im haveing a last ditch effort tommorow before i return it. Then if its not too expensive that reccomended linksy router it is. Shame there has been no help really as it does seem a little suspect that everything goes tits up with the new speed upgrade but no "its the router, Belkin are haveing problems with their hardware". Just a silence. Ah well, will report back if the linksy router is ok if i get one. Least when its directly connected it runs full wack