Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 22-11-2013, 16:20   #1381
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Ok so i am now really getting annoyed with Kinect. It is not picking up my commands. I am having to try over 5 times and when does work i just give up. Im unsure if i was use Kinect alot at mo with this in mind.
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-11-2013, 16:20   #1382
Bulky
Inactive

Bulky has reached the bronze age

The kinect mic is a brilliant workaround for headsets , perfectly clear , no need to shout , if you go on bf4 open the smartglass app for multiplayer , shows full map with live info, shows where spotted enemies are etc.
Old 22-11-2013, 16:26   #1383
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Any idea how we register our consoles S/N with xbox.com?

---------- Post added at 16:26 ---------- Previous post was at 16:23 ----------

Kinect voice commands list.

Quote:
"Xbox on" - Wakes up Xbox One, turns on television and cable/satellite set-top box

"Xbox turn off" [followed by "yes" to confirm] - Puts Xbox One to sleep/off, can turn off television and cable/satellite set-top box.

"Xbox" - Shows menu of global voice command options and begins listening for the next command

"Xbox select" - Shows voice command options for everything on the screen that is supported. Shows channel shortcuts during full screen TV viewing.

"Stop listening" - Stops Kinect from listening or cancels voice commands if Kinect is triggered during casual conversation

"Xbox help" - Shows help menu with available options

"Xbox use a code" - Triggers Kinect code scanning for QR codes

"Xbox show notification" - Shows on-screen notification(s)

"Xbox sign in/out or Xbox sign in as [person]" - Signs in/out an Xbox Live member

"Xbox go Home" - Returns to Home screen

"Xbox go to [activity]" - Launches specific games, TV shows, apps, notifications and sections of the dash

"Xbox show my stuff" - Either returns you to the Home screen or loads up your own personal dashboard preferences

"Xbox show menu" - In full screen: shows menu for whatever is on the screen. At Home: shows menu for whatever is in the current window

"Xbox go back" - Returns to previous screen or menu option

"Xbox snap [app]" - Launches activity in Snap mode. This is great fun and works well.

"Xbox unsnap" - Unsnaps activity in Snap mode

"Xbox switch" - Switches focus of the activities in Snap mode and Fill mode

"Xbox Skype [person] or Xbox call [person]" - Launches Skype call to a person from your Skype favourites list on your Xbox One

"Xbox answer/answer without video" - Answers incoming Skype call

"Xbox hang up" - Ends Skype call

"Xbox send message" - Sends message to your Xbox Live friends

"Xbox watch TV" - Launches cable or satellite TV from set-top box.

"Xbox show guide" or "Xbox OneGuide" - Launches OneGuide for cable or satellite TV subscribers. Not available in the UK till 2014.

"Xbox volume up/down Xbox mute/unmute" - Controls volume of TV set or AV receiver, if enabled in the settings

"Xbox play/stop/pause/fast forward/rewind/faster/slower/skip forward/skip backward/next song/previous song" - Controls for media playback, works on both music and video

"Xbox pause/play" - Pauses gameplay or resumes gameplay

"browse to [website]" - Browses to a specific website when already in Internet Explorer

"Xbox Bing pause [item(s)]" - Launches Bing, then searches for the game, movie, TV show, game add-on or app using conversational voice.

"Xbox record that" - Records the previous 30 seconds of gameplay

"Xbox start a party" - Launches the Party app in Snap mode
Source.
Old 22-11-2013, 16:27   #1384
Bulky
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Ok so i am now really getting annoyed with Kinect. It is not picking up my commands. I am having to try over 5 times and when does work i just give up. Im unsure if i was use Kinect alot at mo with this in mind.
I was like that at first , I can now set up partys seamlessly, don't shout at it , give a second between commands , say what you see when the next screen comes up rather than saying xbox before everything.
Old 22-11-2013, 16:32   #1385
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Voice commands seem to work pretty well here, you need to pause after saying Xbox.
Old 22-11-2013, 16:34   #1386
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Congrats everyone who's got it. Enjoy.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2013, 16:42   #1387
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Any idea how we register our consoles S/N with xbox.com?
https://myservice.xbox.com/en-GB/Pages/Welcome.aspx

---------- Post added at 16:42 ---------- Previous post was at 16:34 ----------

IT'S HERE!
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2013, 16:43   #1388
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Does anyone else have the issue on Battlefield 4 test range for example, where if you pan left and right the metal towers flicker white? it doesn't look good at all.

Looks like it is a BF4 issue as you can see the thin silver towers flickering in this video, however i don't know which console this is from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSGhmyrpY54

---------- Post added at 16:43 ---------- Previous post was at 16:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
https://myservice.xbox.com/en-GB/Pages/Welcome.aspx

---------- Post added at 16:42 ---------- Previous post was at 16:34 ----------

IT'S HERE!
Bet you got worried considering the time! lol
Old 22-11-2013, 16:49   #1389
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Fingers crossed it works!

--------

Xbox One owners of CF, if you want to befriend more UK Xbox owners, then join Craig and myself over at BXB:

http://www3.britxbox.co.uk/forums/

It's a great community, and has been going since the original XBL Beta / Test Drive.
Old 22-11-2013, 16:56   #1390
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

I have a release date console despite being told the 23rd December. I'm at work but already done updates and whatnot. Confirmed this morning that I'll be receiving Project Cars free on Xbox 1 and PS4. Already got my PC version. My XBL will be changing due to me being permanently banned from EA servers on Xbox.
Old 22-11-2013, 17:14   #1391
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Fingers crossed it works!

--------

Xbox One owners of CF, if you want to befriend more UK Xbox owners, then join Craig and myself over at BXB:

http://www3.britxbox.co.uk/forums/

It's a great community, and has been going since the original XBL Beta / Test Drive.
This!

Also, I've noticed a few weird things with Kinect. One of them is that I just said "Xbox resume" because I had a game paused and it thought I said "Xbox go to".
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2013, 17:32   #1392
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

My Orb Kinect mount arrived today from Argos.

Unfortunately, it's crap

The Kinect does not clip on securely... The clips on the mount don't work, I assume as the Kinect's based dimensions aren't quite what the people at Orb thought they'd be!

The mount itself also seems a bit precarious on top of the TV.

I think I'll stick it at the base of the TV for now instead, until a better TV mount comes along...
Old 22-11-2013, 18:04   #1393
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I am disappointed how Battlefield 4 looks, too many jaggies i didn't think i would see anywhere as much as i did on it so it maybe that the PS4 looks far better at 1080p.

---------- Post added at 18:04 ---------- Previous post was at 18:01 ----------

I have a nasty feeling that TV programmes maybe affected running through the X1 where it is juddery a bit when panning, the only way for me to test would be to plug the V+ in direct and retest though, so may do this tomorrow, anyone else notice anything different when watching TV?
Old 22-11-2013, 18:31   #1394
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

I had another issue, i was playing Fifa and without saying a single word it recorded a game clip. It did this twice. Then when i wanted it to record it didnt. Not sure what happened
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2013, 18:32   #1395
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
I had another issue, i was playing Fifa and without saying a single word it recorded a game clip. It did this twice. Then when i wanted it to record it didnt. Not sure what happened
Where is your connect located? Maybe try calibrating it again.