Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 31-05-2012, 19:13   #1546
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabscars View Post
It's getting a bit jittery there Sirius, is it because there is work going on at the moment, only I've noticed quite a few VM vans doing the rounds on the green cabs in the last few weeks, so I'm presuming some upgrade work is under way.
They were working on my cabinet yesterday. Well, I say working, the guy looked a little puzzled and was ringing someone on his mobile as I walked past. Could have been his missus I suppose.
Advertisement
Old 31-05-2012, 19:15   #1547
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by jempalmer View Post
They were working on my cabinet yesterday. Well, I say working, the guy looked a little puzzled and was ringing someone on his mobile as I walked past. Could have been his missus I suppose.
Or talking to the headend engineer who would be adjusting the laser on the forward or return path for your area

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2012, 19:21   #1548
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

That sounds like a cool job.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2012, 19:39   #1549
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
That big hit tonight has nothing to do with VM

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35...-post1532.html
Yes I was aware of the TBB issue earlier, even so yours normally runs a little sweeter than that, is your gaming ok.
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2012, 19:58   #1550
Jumping
Inactive

Jumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of light

Ahh right
Jumping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2012, 20:06   #1551
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabscars View Post
Yes I was aware of the TBB issue earlier, even so yours normally runs a little sweeter than that, is your gaming ok.
Its not good at the moment Almost double the ping and latency since what ever happened at the week end. Somethings been added but i dont know what

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2012, 20:17   #1552
The Installer
cf.addict

Services: Telewest Stuff
The Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to all

Ok here at present still.

Spikes are my SAM box testing.

The Installer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2012, 20:25   #1553
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Its not good at the moment Almost double the ping and latency since what ever happened at the week end. Somethings been added but i dont know what
I bet thats not fun is it, makes you wonder what's gone on, is there any evidence in your TBB history of any outages followed by increased latency.

Bit of a long shot I know
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2012, 20:55   #1554
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

If it's what you people think it is, it'll most likely not affect pings so much, but actual TCP connections (e.g. browsing)
Old 31-05-2012, 21:08   #1555
jempalmer

Is there still a problem with tbb? There was an improvement earlier but,

Old 31-05-2012, 21:13   #1556
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

same here mate, usage is increasing

thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2012, 21:31   #1557
jempalmer

Ah well, wanted an early night anyway.
Old 31-05-2012, 21:53   #1558
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

Again, http://qasdfdsaq.com/ping/ if you want a good idea of how TBB is doing.

The page has live graphs to 5 different ISPs, including BT and VM. On the VM side you can see the furthest core node they have, an edge node, and an end user CPE.
Old 31-05-2012, 22:31   #1559
craigj2k12
cf.mega poster

craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal
craigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appealcraigj2k12 has a bronzed appeal

Mines looking nice and colourful as per

craigj2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2012, 22:46   #1560
boroboi
cf.geek

Services: TT Fibre Large 78mbit
boroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quadsboroboi has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigj2k12 View Post
Mines looking nice and colourful as per

The packet loss there!

After what i thought may have been reprieve and some good gaming latency, i've now returned to Jitterville, USA

boroboi is offline   Reply With Quote