Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Formula 1 2009 Season [may contain real time spoilers]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Formula 1 2009 Season [may contain real time spoilers]
View Poll Results: Who will win the 2009 Drivers Championship?
Lewis Hamilton 15 37.50%
Heikki Kovalainen 0 0%
Felipe Massa 6 15.00%
Kimi Raikkonen 4 10.00%
Robert Kubica 4 10.00%
Nick Heidfeld 0 0%
Fernando Alonso 3 7.50%
Nelson Piquet Jr 0 0%
Jarno Trulli 0 0%
Timo Glock 0 0%
Sebastien Bourdais 0 0%
Sebastien Buemi 0 0%
Mark Webber 0 0%
Sebastian Vettel 0 0%
Nico Rosberg 1 2.50%
Kazuki Nakajima 0 0%
Adrian Sutil 1 2.50%
Giancarlo Fisichella 0 0%
Jenson Button 3 7.50%
Rubens Barrichello 3 7.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 18-02-2009, 18:02   #61
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Formula 1 2009 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHiLL View Post
Good to hear that Honda are likely to be back on the grid.
Thanks for getting back ON TOPIC

that's the problem with F1 it has that high a cost for entry that I don;t think that any other team would have replaced Honda especially at this late stage,,
Advertisement
Old 18-02-2009, 18:18   #62
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Would Button or Senna want "VIRGIN" on their chests?
Old 18-02-2009, 21:09   #63
hedgie
cf.geek

Services: Phone, 360 + two mini boxes, Hub 5.
hedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
One of the things they wanted to get rid of was the winglets (you can probably blame honda for going over the top with their DUMBO ears )

Personally I'm all for changes (even ugly ones) especially if it means an increased chance of overtaking, though I am really worried that some teams will have a great deal more advantage than others, especially as the KERS system isn't compulsory, anyone know which teams definately have it and which don't???
I subscribe to Autosport and post on their forum, teams are VERY cagey about when they will run witj KERS. BMW will probably go with it first I suspect.
Old 18-02-2009, 21:37   #64
ufitm

Services: VM VIP package and DTT freeview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Would Button or Senna want "VIRGIN" on their chests?
wonder if they do will virgin traffic manage them,

Old 19-02-2009, 04:22   #65
dev
Inactive

dev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond reputedev has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgie View Post
I subscribe to Autosport and post on their forum, teams are VERY cagey about when they will run witj KERS. BMW will probably go with it first I suspect.
Yup, and some teams aren't even convinced that running KERS will make you faster due to losing some ballast that they can use to sort handling out etc. It's no good going faster in a straight line if you corner like a piano.
Old 19-02-2009, 13:06   #66
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

I think it would be great for Virgin take over the Honda team.

This would be Branson alone i.e. the Virgin Group, so no one needn't worry about Virgin Media blowing loads of cash on this venture as it would be nothing to do with them.
Old 19-02-2009, 17:22   #67
CHiLL
cf.geek

Services: Sky+ TV and Virgin Media 10MB Internet.
CHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of light

The American's are looking to create a US only team, named USF1. It would well see the return of Scott Speed.

Also Formula 1 could well see a female racer in the coming years. Rumour has it that Danica Patrick (IndyCar star) is linked with the USF1 team.
Old 23-02-2009, 11:37   #68
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

So much for Branson's interest

Quote:
"There are various offers for the team but we haven't seen any serious buyer," Honda president Takeo Fukui said.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/7905235.stm
Old 23-02-2009, 18:10   #69
CHiLL
cf.geek

CHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of lightCHiLL is a glorious beacon of light

Branson said he'd only consider it IF the sport became a lot more green.
Old 23-02-2009, 21:02   #70
Turkey Machine
Inactive

Services: Company LLU internet, soon-to-be company FTTC internet at 56Mb/20Mb!
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze age
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze age

Hold on, if Honda have received between 10 and 20 offers (speculation, I don't actually know how many they've had) to run the team, you'd have thought one of them would have been taken up, and since the management want it to I'd have thought it was in their best interests to have accepted an offer! We're only a month away from the start of the season, 3 weeks from now they get shipped off to Australia! They need some testing mileage before the season, they can't use Friday practice to determine either of the following results: "the car's fantastic, it's a regular race winner and could win the championship", "the car's s**t, what are we gonna do about it?", "the car's not bad, but could use some work to get it up to speed properly".

At this stage, IMO it seems cheaper and easier for Honda just to chuck £50m at the team and say "you have to make this last for a year, after that you're on your own", especially since the team's in place still and hasn't been laid off yet.
Old 23-02-2009, 22:09   #71
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Machine View Post
Hold on, if Honda have received between 10 and 20 offers (speculation, I don't actually know how many they've had) to run the team, you'd have thought one of them would have been taken up, and since the management want it to I'd have thought it was in their best interests to have accepted an offer! We're only a month away from the start of the season, 3 weeks from now they get shipped off to Australia! They need some testing mileage before the season, they can't use Friday practice to determine either of the following results: "the car's fantastic, it's a regular race winner and could win the championship", "the car's s**t, what are we gonna do about it?", "the car's not bad, but could use some work to get it up to speed properly".

At this stage, IMO it seems cheaper and easier for Honda just to chuck £50m at the team and say "you have to make this last for a year, after that you're on your own", especially since the team's in place still and hasn't been laid off yet.
I think the problem is IF any of the other bids were serious they would want to bring in their own management team to run it. Ok for Brawn as I can't see anyone letting him go but not very good for Fry who would be out of a job. As such he didn't want any of the other bids to go through and wanted a management buy out which it seems he doesn't have the money for.

One report i read stated it would cost Honda more money to make everyone redundant than it would to keep the team going all year so it could still go either wayy
Old 24-02-2009, 17:08   #72
CHiLL
cf.geek

Honda and Honda racing are completely different.

Honda couldn't finance another year, so how would they be able to give the racing team an extra £50 million? Weren't they Honda Racing because they used Honda engines and staff? Now if they are completely separate, is it work being called Honda Racing...if the only involvement Honda have with F1 is now a logo? (On the cars and shirts, etc)
Old 24-02-2009, 17:24   #73
Kymmy
Inactive

Problem I see with a management buy-out is that yes fine they might be able to reach the asking price...but can they seriously keep the funds going to keep the team competitive??
Old 25-02-2009, 11:28   #74
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

The Chain it is then.

Formula One
Old 25-02-2009, 11:37   #75
Kymmy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
The Chain it is then.

Formula One
Did you truly expect anything else???

---------- Post added at 11:37 ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 ----------

All we need now is Murray

Fantastic watching that clip, especially as it's at Kylami...where my claim to fame is that I've sat on pole in a formula ford racing car...Pity it wasn't running and it was for a SABC drama series
Closed Thread