Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Help needed on broadband

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Help needed on broadband

Old 25-05-2017, 22:51   #1
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Help needed on broadband

Hi Members.,

I need help regarding broadband, before l go mad.

When l go on my lap top at night and go through various sites. And l go onto Capital Gold or Smooth Radio.

And for some unkown during a song, it goes off for a couple of minutes. And then comes on again. I am on this at night.

Any ideas of what is wrong
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-05-2017, 23:10   #2
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age
Re: Help needed on broadband

Does it do the same thing on different browsers (firefox/chrome/IE)?

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2017, 23:40   #3
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Hi weesteev.,

No, l go to the Goldplayer page, or Smooth radio page. I have gone to Magic now. And its still happening.

My wife has said that it could be the Virgin Broadband causing the problem, as they restrict the amount of usage at certain times.

But its really annoying, as you could be listening to say Wonder of you, and it cuts out in the middle of it
Old 25-05-2017, 23:59   #4
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age

Very unlikely to be your connection, more likely a buffering issue with your browser. Easiest way to check is fire up BBC iPlayer and try and play a stream, that should show you if you have speed issues. If you can try a different browser then that's a good start as well. If problems persist then give the support team a call or drop a post over on the VM community forum and the team will get back to you directly if there is an issue.

HTH

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2017, 00:10   #5
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

cheers matey. Thank you for your help
Old 26-05-2017, 09:03   #6
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

interesting one. VM don't manage the downstream in the evening and even if they did, I don't think you can physically stream enough radio to hit the threshold for stm to kick in and even if you did, you would still have enough bandwidth to continue streaming. Streaming radio takes up a grain of sand of bandwidth in relation to the speed of your connection. If there was something wrong with your VM connection (e.g. capacity issues) then it would affect your connection in its entirety and when the radio stopped you also wouldn't be able to browse to another site, play a game or check your email because your connection wouldn't work at all.
I would hazard a guess that as you mentioned laptop it is something to do with the wifi connection from the laptop to the shub/router. Is the laptop stationary or does the break in connection occur when you are moving the laptop around the house with you? I have got 3 different access points around my house and although I haven't tried it with my laptop, sometimes I'll see my phone and tablets drop their connection for a few seconds as they switch access point and channel and reacquire the signal.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2017, 15:34   #7
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Try a different browser is a good place to start.
Old 29-05-2017, 14:44   #8
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Calling Virgin themselves and having them diagnose the fault is also worth considering. It'll get sorted a lot faster.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2017, 02:38   #9
MUD_Wizard
Inactive

MUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
Calling Virgin themselves and having them diagnose the fault is also worth considering. It'll get sorted a lot faster.
Offshore will have him fixed up in no time! <Hysterical laugh>..
MUD_Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2017, 11:07   #10
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Do you hate the OP, Kush?

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2017, 15:05   #11
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

It's been 5 days now. If it's still not resolved, then I stand by what I said.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2017, 19:28   #12
MUD_Wizard
Inactive

MUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to beholdMUD_Wizard is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
It's been 5 days now. If it's still not resolved, then I stand by what I said.
He's probably gone crazy by now talking to Offshore.
MUD_Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote