Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Switching from PAYG to pay monthly

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Mobile Data Usage warning text

Old 31-05-2017, 09:58   #1
holdensredhat
Inactive

holdensredhat is an unknown quantity at this point
Mobile Data Usage warning text

Hi,

was wondering if any one else recently had warning texts about usage being almost used up and thinking this does not seem normal.

I am using a lumia 830 on windows 10, I am a very light user of the net on my phone, mostly social media, never streaming tv etc. After 10 days into my plan, I am texted to say 95% of allowance gone. This perplexed me and got me looking into the online virgin data meter. My phone reports 68mb data usage but online it tells me 1gb. The sync dates for renewal accord. why are the numbers so far apart? Which is correct? Historically, I never get anywhere near 1gb. My plan is for 1gb per month. Can virgin's meter be wrong?

I work in a place of basically no signal, so cannot be using any during the day.

I get home and the wifi kicks in.

My wife also had the same text but she is on unlimited data. 95% of unlimited does not make sense!

Any ideas, suggestions or similar experiences?

Thanks in advance
holdensredhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement