Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | MMA

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

MMA

Old 11-09-2016, 14:40   #196
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Boxing/MMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
It was a mismatch in every way as one he is not a middleweight and two he has not got the boxing skills of a Sugar Ray Leonard or a Floyd Mayweather so who ever advised him to take this fight is pretty dumb IMO.
Well we all know who that was, Eddie Hearn of course, the same guy that I feel will mismanage Joshua too.
Old 11-09-2016, 14:48   #197
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Indeed he is more interested in money then the proper management and welfare of his fighters.
Old 12-09-2016, 12:24   #198
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Indeed he is more interested in money then the proper management and welfare of his fighters.
He won't let them out of their back yard. Golovkin and team wanted a Vegas fight, that's irrelevant though, the actual point is, Brook and others aren't getting any sort of proper experience. Brook was hopelessly mismatched despite the commentators efforts of screaming he's hurt him every time Brook landed a shot which was pretty embarrassing commentary from a usually good team, if they'd watched Golovkin before they'd know he's taken far worse than that and just walked through it, that's exactly what he did this time.

Brook's downfall was failing to use Amir's game against Canelo and do better at it. Khan was landing for fun and had Canelo looking like an amateur before getting his counter to the chin. Brook has a stronger chin and whilst not as quick as Khan, he isn't slow at all.

What actually happened is Brook went and stood toe to toe in exchanges with Golovkin, a suicidal move, if that was a gameplan from the offset by trainer and Brook alike then it was a shambles, a horrible idea. He was absolutely smashed to pieces despite landing his own punches, it was a battle he was never going to come out on top of, in doing so he got his eye socket destroyed and was rocked everytime Golovkin detonated. Fans can boo the stoppage and Golovkin but I have absolutely no doubt it would've ended far worse than that if they hadn't, there was no scenario where Brook was still on his feet after the sixth round, if he even made it out of that fifth. I'm fairly confident in saying had the towel not being thrown in, Golovkin would have really ended him, by that I mean Career wise. It was almost like Eubank a few months ago.

The only real positive I can see is there's not many Welterweights that could put him on the floor, Manny, Maidana and a select few, not many. Problem is, he's all too happy to call out names, but he's never too keen to get on the plane.

Brook vs ??
Khan vs Garcia, January I reckon.
Joshua vs ???

They don't know with Joshua, Hearn is trying his best to move away from a mandatory fight because he won't really allow Joshua to fight Haye yet, or anytime soon if he had the sense. Another win for Haye shoots him nearer to the top of a pretty awful ladder. Keeping Joshua away from a Mandatory will ensure he is forced to fight or vacate the title the fight after, by which time Haye might be bored and start chasing that drug cheat, Ortiz. Remains to be seen whether Fury is stripped of his titles and handed a ban along with Klitschko.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 12-09-2016 at 12:36.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2016, 21:40   #199
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
He won't let them out of their back yard. Golovkin and team wanted a Vegas fight, that's irrelevant though, the actual point is, Brook and others aren't getting any sort of proper experience. Brook was hopelessly mismatched despite the commentators efforts of screaming he's hurt him every time Brook landed a shot which was pretty embarrassing commentary from a usually good team, if they'd watched Golovkin before they'd know he's taken far worse than that and just walked through it, that's exactly what he did this time.

Brook's downfall was failing to use Amir's game against Canelo and do better at it. Khan was landing for fun and had Canelo looking like an amateur before getting his counter to the chin. Brook has a stronger chin and whilst not as quick as Khan, he isn't slow at all.

What actually happened is Brook went and stood toe to toe in exchanges with Golovkin, a suicidal move, if that was a gameplan from the offset by trainer and Brook alike then it was a shambles, a horrible idea. He was absolutely smashed to pieces despite landing his own punches, it was a battle he was never going to come out on top of, in doing so he got his eye socket destroyed and was rocked everytime Golovkin detonated. Fans can boo the stoppage and Golovkin but I have absolutely no doubt it would've ended far worse than that if they hadn't, there was no scenario where Brook was still on his feet after the sixth round, if he even made it out of that fifth. I'm fairly confident in saying had the towel not being thrown in, Golovkin would have really ended him, by that I mean Career wise. It was almost like Eubank a few months ago.

The only real positive I can see is there's not many Welterweights that could put him on the floor, Manny, Maidana and a select few, not many. Problem is, he's all too happy to call out names, but he's never too keen to get on the plane.

Brook vs ??
Khan vs Garcia, January I reckon.
Joshua vs ???

They don't know with Joshua, Hearn is trying his best to move away from a mandatory fight because he won't really allow Joshua to fight Haye yet, or anytime soon if he had the sense. Another win for Haye shoots him nearer to the top of a pretty awful ladder. Keeping Joshua away from a Mandatory will ensure he is forced to fight or vacate the title the fight after, by which time Haye might be bored and start chasing that drug cheat, Ortiz. Remains to be seen whether Fury is stripped of his titles and handed a ban along with Klitschko.
Good points. If Kell moves up in weight I can see him facing someone like Austin Trout. A name most UK boxing fans will know who's on the slide. Never been stopped with his 3 defeats coming from Lara, Canelo and Charlo. His win against Cotto from a few years back should be enough to sell his as a viable opponent. Cheap to get him to the UK to.

As for Joshua he's out again in November. Joseph Parker has a fight coming up in a few weeks so can't see that happening soon. I would not be surprised to see AJ in with Kubrat Pulev who's ranked #2 with the IBF. Well known to boxing fans who watch the German shows. Only 1 KO win in the past 4 years and that was less than a year ago against a total journeyman. Current European champion with a win over Chisora. I'd say he's a step up for AJ but not a massive risk. Easy for Eddie and SKY to hype up.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2016, 21:56   #200
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Good points. If Kell moves up in weight I can see him facing someone like Austin Trout. A name most UK boxing fans will know who's on the slide. Never been stopped with his 3 defeats coming from Lara, Canelo and Charlo. His win against Cotto from a few years back should be enough to sell his as a viable opponent. Cheap to get him to the UK to.

As for Joshua he's out again in November. Joseph Parker has a fight coming up in a few weeks so can't see that happening soon. I would not be surprised to see AJ in with Kubrat Pulev who's ranked #2 with the IBF. Well known to boxing fans who watch the German shows. Only 1 KO win in the past 4 years and that was less than a year ago against a total journeyman. Current European champion with a win over Chisora. I'd say he's a step up for AJ but not a massive risk. Easy for Eddie and SKY to hype up.
I'd actually like to see him fight Chisora, be a naff decision fans won't get behind but Chisora would be the strongest chin he's come across, having only being stopped by Haye and Fury or Klistchko couldn't floor him. He's not as easy to power punch as one would assume, Haye had to land counter shots to deck him rather than overhand lunges you usually see. It's a style fight and possibly a tuneup, a different tactician, Chisora isn't a great boxer, he's a wild one, something Joshua has yet to cope with, a wild boxer that moves forward from the offset and lunges with Deontay Wilder style awful punching but backed by a steel chin. Joshua won't be able to just pick off shots all night.

Still on the fence, I want the next Lewis as much as the next guy but with Joshua I still get the feeling he's a bodybuilder with a knockout punch and when he ends up facing the skillsets of the Fury's, Klitschko's, Wilder and Haye, he'll quickly come undone. I think both Wilder and Haye could put him down and I think Fury or Klitschko would outwork him for 12 rounds.

Then there's speculation whether the power is real, ''He's a massive puncher'' Yeah he has knockout wins, how many starts didn't under 20 fights? Can't really base punching power from guys with no reputation or chin quality.

The real problem for me is just the hype, I want to see Joshua done the best as possible, safe, built up, prepared and on top of the world. Eddie Hearn however can do one. Get this lad to the US and with a legend trainer and a good promoter.
Old 23-09-2016, 23:36   #201
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Fury vs Klitschko is off again. Fury citing issues but the reality is he's out of shape and hadn't even started a training camp for this fight. Its over then, he'll be stripped of the titles shortly for failing to defend without a suitable reason and it can't be rescheduled because they're both facing a potential ban for being flagged in doping tests, that hearing occurs in November.

On the plus side its likely that Haye will be one of those in for the vacant belts. I get the impression Fury is done with the sport, Good victory against Wlad but its clear he thinks himself that he fluked it and why bother trying again, got his money and went home.

At Haye's vastly improved weight and physique its clear he's gearing up for Klitschko too. Second times a charm, if he fights on the outside this time and doesn't allow Klitschko grab hold every time Haye throws one then I think Haye will bury him. A lot of people rule Haye out but not even Klitschko would stand and trade, choosing to clinch every time Haye landed. Haye in this shape can neutralize the infamous lean of doom and leave Klitschko with just his one dimensional jab. The last person to stand Haye up and trade was the supposed Steel chinned Chisora. We all know how that ended.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 23-09-2016 at 23:53.
Old 26-09-2016, 10:07   #202
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

My impression appears to be correct.

Tyson Fury unoficially quits. Overpaid lazy cheating knob.

Expect the Governing bodies to strip him of the titles soon ahead of his potential doping ban later.

All this has done really is fuel the theory that Fury was always a doper and the testing bodies only really hunt major bouts because they're hopeless. Suggests Fury was doping throughout and can't get in shape now he's been flagged. Also note Klitschko was flagged in the same fight.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 26-09-2016 at 10:12.
Old 26-09-2016, 10:26   #203
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Sadly the heavyweight division IMO now is utterly contemptible compared to the days of yore and the legends that made the heavyweight division in the olden days.
Old 26-09-2016, 11:58   #204
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Boxing has gone the same way as Hollywood - BS, hype and rematches.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2016, 12:05   #205
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Boxing has gone the same way as Hollywood - BS, hype and rematches.
Yes l remember the good old days when we had world class boxing on terrestrial TV and ever since that disappeared then its been a downhill slide ever since for the sport IMO.
Old 26-09-2016, 12:58   #206
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Yes l remember the good old days when we had world class boxing on terrestrial TV and ever since that disappeared then its been a downhill slide ever since for the sport IMO.
The Rumble in the Jungle - Oh my God he's won the title back at 32!!!
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2016, 18:12   #207
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Tyson Fury tests positive for cocaine and could lose titles.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/g...-a7339851.html
Old 30-09-2016, 18:59   #208
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Wait what? So what did Klitschko fail on then

What a sham. You can forget might lose the titles. He was already being stripped. The hearing for the violations are still in place for November I think.
Old 16-10-2016, 13:48   #209
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Bellew charges Haye post fight. Delusional man.

I hope Haye takes the fight, forget this Heavyweight drama. Bellew is the best of a rubbish division, he's talking crap like that to a man that knocked out everyone he beat at Cruiserweight and is knocking out Heavyweights for fun.

Bellew is hopelessly out of his depth here. The first time he faced someone with a decent punch, they buried him. The outcome is the same here. Get Bellew to Heavyweight and Haye will bury him. Haye has put too much work in to get into his current shape, weight gains etc. He won't be dropping down for anyone.

Insane from Bellew, another gobby waste of 'Talent' Adonis Stevenson nearly decapitated him with a straight left. Better sort that horrible defence and wonky chin Anyone with half a brain can telegraph his left hand too, someone needs to teach him the purpose of having two hands.
Old 17-10-2016, 06:19   #210
denphone
Still alive and fighting

The trouble with too many fighters nowadays in boxing is they open their mouths too much rather then acting like some of the old boxers acted and that was with class and humidity.