Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Your favourite 'gadgets' - NOT phones :)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Your favourite 'gadgets' - NOT phones :)

Old 18-05-2017, 17:27   #61
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: Your favourite 'gadgets' - NOT phones :)

I tried an illuminated keyboard but didn't get on with it. £3 for the LED's did the trick.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-05-2017, 00:02   #62
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
I tried an illuminated keyboard but didn't get on with it. £3 for the LED's did the trick.
I need this - how did you do it? I"m usin g a laftop and finbing it harf ti sea thn keyn ib loe lighr...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2017, 14:20   #63
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
I need this - how did you do it? I"m usin g a laftop and finbing it harf ti sea thn keyn ib loe lighr...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/60-LED-USB...UAAOSwlndZGc7T

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1918823734...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Powered from the PC USB.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2017, 19:10   #64
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Currently it's the two Echo Dots and Philips Hue.

Last edited by Hom3r; 19-05-2017 at 20:22.
Hom3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2017, 23:10   #65
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Oh right I see, a strip of LEDs which you've presumably stuck somewhere nearby in order to illuminated your keyboard. I fitted 5m strips of colour changing LED's in Osem Jnr's room to illuminate his new desk and provide some nice colour effects when he's relaxing. They look great. What I want is something simply to illuminate my laptop keyboard so I'd prefer a clip on solution which can be easily removed when necessary. I have a booklight which fits nicely on the side of the screen but isn't bright enough.
Old 31-07-2017, 23:44   #66
Osem
Inactive

Does one of these count as a gadget?

https://www.towerhousewares.co.uk/co...re-cooker-p949

It's brilliant either way.

Made a terrific chicken, leek and noodle soup in about 30 mins earlier. Yummy.
Old 01-08-2017, 16:42   #67
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

My Desktop PC keyboard. I was looking for a good mechanical keyboard (I find good mechanical keyboards easier to type on) a while back, and Amazon had one of their "lightning deals" on a keyboard that would normally be out of my price range (it was over £180 retail). I got it for about £60. It had RGB lighting as well. The lighting, when set to white, makes a good back light for typing, and when set to one of the pre-defined RGB patterns, is strangely hypnotising. Especially for the kids.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2017, 10:13   #68
Osem
Inactive

Another food related gadget which I tried for the first time last night - a pie maker. As the wife's away and I have free culinary reign I decided to make Osem Jnr # 2 and I a nice pice. Made a filling of chestnut mushrooms, diced chicken breast, spring onions, chopped frankfurter sauages (to give a slightly smokey flavour), sweetcorn, parsley, salt and pepper with some milk and cornflour to thicken the sauce. The pie maker is a breeze to use - I rolled out some puff pastry, cut out 2 discs for the top and bottom of the pie, put the bottom one in, filled it up, put the top on and then closed the pie maker and turned in on. About 25 mins later we had a terrific pie with crispy brown pastry top and bottom and a filling which proved delicious. I'm already thinking of alternative savoury and sweet fillings but basically you can use anything as long as the filling isn't too wet.

I got mine for £18 with free P&P - money very well spent I reckon.