Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Read here before posting News Item threads in Current Affairs

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Read here before posting News Item threads in Current Affairs
Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 16:23   #1
Cable Forum

Cable Forum has reached the bronze age
Cable Forum has reached the bronze ageCable Forum has reached the bronze ageCable Forum has reached the bronze ageCable Forum has reached the bronze ageCable Forum has reached the bronze ageCable Forum has reached the bronze ageCable Forum has reached the bronze age
Exclamation Read here before posting News Item threads in Current Affairs

Polite Reminder:-

Just lately, a small number of members are not posting links to news items when creating News item threads.

If you are creating a General News theme type thread, a link should be supplied to a bonafide news source. Bonafide meaning that it is a recognised news medium. It is no good just saying "I've just seen this on TV" or, "I've just heard this on the radio" or, "I heard my next door neighbour talking about it."

It is not fair on the people arriving at such threads and there is no link(s) and having to do the work of the thread starter and wondering and questioning the legitimacy of the news item itself.

I would like to also remind members that if you quote from a news item then a link to that quote must be supplied. Please be mindful of Copyright, do not quote entire pages of text.

Members which fail to supply a link will be reminded and given a chance to supply a link, this can be reminded by any member it doesn't have to be a team member.

Continuous failure to supply a link when requested, may result in possible thread closure and infractions.

At the end of the day, it's about being fair to all users, a thread starter who wants their thread to be an active discussion should want to provide the means to supply all relevant sources to the news item so ALL members can easily form their views based on the sources supplied, it is hard to do this when no source is provided.
Advertisement
Closed Thread