Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S Election 2016

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

U.S Election 2016
Closed Thread

Old 22-01-2017, 11:41   #1576
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
Re: US Election 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
It has long been accepted that millions of people "witnessed" the lunar landing in 1969.

Now, according to you. They didn't.

Screw you, I did!
and what about the Olympics most watch it on TV we cant all get to the venue perhaps it should be scrapped due to a dwindling audience
Old 22-01-2017, 11:50   #1577
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post

As usual these two only cherry pick what they want out of what was said.

Haven't cherry picked anything .If you read the news and watch Spicer on the reports you will see that nothing has been "cherry picked".There is clear evidence to show that what Spicer and Trump said was complete rubbish.Spicer even tried to use the sale of subway tickets to show that attendance was higher this was quickly refuted by the transit authority

---------- Post added at 11:50 ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I've said that the global TV audiences could be high but these since when have "witnesses" been people sitting at home watching something on TV?
As I and others have explained before, Washington is 96% Democrat and the surrounding areas are Democrat strongholds as well. Therefore, it's not surprising that Trump would get fewer numbers along and it's nothing to be defensive about. If the ceremony was held in Texas then doubtless the Democrats would have fewer attendees than the Republicans. Hopefully they wouldn't do a Trump and pretend otherwise.

---------- Post added at 11:36 ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 ----------

I think we should get used to the idea that anything showing Trump in a bad light will be "media lies"

Old 22-01-2017, 14:37   #1578
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Does it really matter how many watched/were there? The fact that 'Team Trump' have thrown such a childish wobbly over such a minor piffling matter doesn't bode well for the future and bigger issues.
Old 22-01-2017, 15:11   #1579
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
Firstly you have understand that it's Madonna and she has made a career out of being controversial and secondly she was warming up the crowd for a stage show for the comedian Amy Schumer .Yes it was distasteful but she is allowed to do it because it's her choice unlike the women that Trump groped without their consent
Wrong - nobody in the limelight like Madonna is or should be allowed to make lewd remarks like that and in public and then stand on such a platform and demand respect for women, how can anyone ask to respect such a disgusting old woman with a dirty mouth, I cannot and will not? I am not excusing what Trump said about women, in private, on a video 12 years ago, but noone can say one person is allowed to do it and another is not.

I missed it also where later on she made remarks about thinking of blowing up the White House....

So she is thinking or thought a lot about, that she wants to harm/kill the President. I think the FBI should be paying that old cow a visit soon for potentially inciting a Terrorist act on American soil.

She is a disgrace for a human being and should never have been allowed to represent those women and then say what she said about blowing up the White House, she stood with those women, who want more respect and with her dirty/stupid mouth, I cannot respect her whatsoever and I cannot respect those women now who gave her a platform to speak on.
Old 22-01-2017, 15:15   #1580
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Mmm, a Trump supporter making comments about 'having respect for women' and 'lewd remarks'
Old 22-01-2017, 15:24   #1581
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Does it really matter how many watched/were there? The fact that 'Team Trump' have thrown such a childish wobbly over such a minor piffling matter doesn't bode well for the future and bigger issues.
No it doesn't ,what matters is that Trump and his staff are prepared to lie about stuff and call anybody exposing such lies as liars

---------- Post added at 15:24 ---------- Previous post was at 15:20 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Wrong - nobody in the limelight like Madonna is or should be allowed to make lewd remarks like that and in public and then stand on such a platform and demand respect for women, how can anyone ask to respect such a disgusting old woman with a dirty mouth, I cannot and will not? I am not excusing what Trump said about women, in private, on a video 12 years ago, but noone can say one person is allowed to do it and another is not.

I missed it also where later on she made remarks about thinking of blowing up the White House....

So she is thinking or thought a lot about, that she wants to harm/kill the President. I think the FBI should be paying that old cow a visit soon for potentially inciting a Terrorist act on American soil.

She is a disgrace for a human being and should never have been allowed to represent those women and then say what she said about blowing up the White House, she stood with those women, who want more respect and with her dirty/stupid mouth, I cannot respect her whatsoever and I cannot respect those women now who gave her a platform to speak on.
What do you mean "wrong" she is allowed to say what she likes .Just because you don't agree with her doesn't make the platform she is supporting any less valid ,i don't particularly like the comments she made but it doesn't mean she's not allowed to support women's rights

Old 22-01-2017, 15:45   #1582
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:

What do you mean "wrong" she is allowed to say what she likes .Just because you don't agree with her doesn't make the platform she is supporting any less valid ,i don't particularly like the comments she made but it doesn't mean she's not allowed to support women's rights
Wrong again, it makes the platform she stands on, very invalid.

You are cherry picking again martyh, it's ok for aging old Madonna to have a dirty mouth, talking of performing sexual acts to buy votes and then stand on a platform to demand respect for women, I do not think so, infact, I know so, as it's had the opposite effect on me, I cannot and will not respect those hypocrites for women.
Old 22-01-2017, 16:19   #1583
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Wrong ...
It is not appropriate to call any woman: "a disgusting old woman", an "old cow" and "a disgrace for a human being" ...
Old 22-01-2017, 16:21   #1584
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
It is not appropriate to call any woman: "a disgusting old woman", an "old cow" and "a disgrace for a human being" ...
I can if it's Madonna.
Old 22-01-2017, 16:29   #1585
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
No it doesn't ,what matters is that Trump and his staff are prepared to lie about stuff and call anybody exposing such lies as liars
I think it's silly and it shows that it's got to him. He could have just said that Obama's Inauguration was unique amongst Inaugurations given it's historical significance and that he was looking forward to getting on with the job and made no further comment. Instead he tweets about it and sends his press officer to attempt to refute it. Are we really meant to believe that Trump is so popular that he has the record for attendance at an inauguration?

As you said though this will be his, and his supporters, tactic for the next four years at least. Every negative story will be fake news. He has listed pretty much every news organisation as fake news, from Fox to CNN, The New York Times to the Washington Post. The only source of true news, conveniently, is the White House Press Office, Donald Trump himself and anonymous Twitter accounts.

The aim, aside of mollifying dissent amongst his base, is to muddy the waters enough so that people can't tell what's true anymore and either withdraw from the political debate entirely or fall into the fallacy of false compromise whereby they assume both sides are partially right. So many Trump doesn't have the BEST! attendance at an inauguration but it must still have been very, very high etc etc.
Old 22-01-2017, 16:33   #1586
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
what happened to free speech
Old 22-01-2017, 16:35   #1587
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
Not often l agree with you but free speech is a bedrock of any democracy IMO.
Old 22-01-2017, 16:46   #1588
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I retract what l said about 'shoot him' but l think he is a moron. And he will divide America so much that there will severe problems. Just look at the demos all over the world. The White House has dismissed it. And blaming the media for all the trouble
Old 22-01-2017, 16:51   #1589
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
Free speech can still be inappropriate.
Old 22-01-2017, 17:00   #1590
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Not often l agree with you but free speech is a bedrock of any democracy IMO.