Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | FA Cup Final on ESPN: What's the point of paying for it?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

FA Cup Final on ESPN: What's the point of paying for it?

Old 16-04-2013, 23:03   #1
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
FA Cup Final on ESPN: What's the point of paying for it?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/media/ne...-kick-off.html

I have just seen that on the FA Cup final, that the game is being shown on ITV and ESPN.

Whats the point of paying subscription fee for it, when you can get it FREE on ITV. Doesn't make sense does it.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-04-2013, 23:07   #2
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Whats the point of paying for it

I'd expect it's for those people that already subscribe to ESPN and prefer their coverage of football - it's not designed to make people pay specifically for ESPN
Old 16-04-2013, 23:27   #3
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post

I have just seen that on the FA Cup final, that the game is being shown on ITV and ESPN.

Whats the point of paying subscription fee for it, when you can get it FREE on ITV. Doesn't make sense does it.
It's part of a package, you're not just paying for that game.

In addition, the coverage may be better.
Old 17-04-2013, 00:58   #4
Bogof

Services: BT Infinity 80Mb down, 20Mb upload. Syncing @ 148Mb down, 44Mb up. TRUELY UNLIMITED/UNMANAGED/UNTHRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post

This may surprise you, are you ready,,,,,,sit down....here it comes....

No one subscribes to ESPN for just the FA Cup final, there are many many sports on ESPN.
Old 17-04-2013, 13:04   #5
Pog66
Inactive

Services: SKY HD+, BT BB
Pog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant futurePog66 has a brilliant future

I guess ESPN is more readily available outside of the UK than ITV is?
Pog66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2013, 14:01   #6
blackthorn
cf.geek

blackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation era

Also Espn have advertised "advert free" from when the players come out of the tunnel until after the presentation of the cup. I`ll bet Itv will get a fair few adverts in.
blackthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2013, 14:04   #7
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

My understanding is that people in Scotland with Freeview, Freesat, BT Vision and Talk Talk can't watch the FA Cup final. The FA Cup final, as far as I'm aware, will not be shown on STV. It's great ESPN are covering the final as it gives Scottish fans the chance to watch the game.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote