Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Cannot access email

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service > Webspace, E-Mail & Browsing Issues

Cannot access email

Old 11-03-2010, 12:40   #31
moiraf100
Inactive

Services: M+Tivo: VM 50mb BB: VM M phone: 15" Macbook Pro 10.9.1 iPhone 5 iPad 2
moiraf100 is just really nicemoiraf100 is just really nicemoiraf100 is just really nicemoiraf100 is just really nicemoiraf100 is just really nicemoiraf100 is just really nice
Re: Cannot access email

A different spare one is having problems today.
Just hope my ebay ones don't start playing up.

Just logged into self care, and I see that you can't view the passwords for other accounts anymore. How long has that been then?

Just gone back again, I thought you had to type in the old password to get a new one, but you just type in a new one now.
(Thought I'd mention it)
moiraf100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-03-2010, 13:28   #32
ncfc1902
cf.addict

ncfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo View Post
Cannot use my email, keep getting the password error box DOH.
Same for me. Looks like it's a national issue.

http://status-cable.virginmedia.com/...ticket=1214181
ncfc1902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 13:36   #33
banjo
Inactive

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncfc1902 View Post
Same for me. Looks like it's a national issue.

http://status-cable.virginmedia.com/...ticket=1214181
Thank you for the information I appreciate it
banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 15:00   #34
daveybm
cf.member

Services: Ultimate Oomph
daveybm is on a distinguished roaddaveybm is on a distinguished road

Email back up now on Merseyside, how long for is anybodies guess.

Dave
daveybm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 16:59   #35
banjo
Inactive

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

Back on in Coventry yaaaaaaa
banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 21:28   #36
III
Inactive

III is a pillar of societyIII is a pillar of societyIII is a pillar of societyIII is a pillar of societyIII is a pillar of societyIII is a pillar of societyIII is a pillar of societyIII is a pillar of societyIII is a pillar of societyIII is a pillar of societyIII is a pillar of societyIII is a pillar of societyIII is a pillar of societyIII is a pillar of societyIII is a pillar of societyIII is a pillar of societyIII is a pillar of societyIII is a pillar of societyIII is a pillar of society

Service has been fully restored to the ex-NTL mail platform, if you continue to encounter problems it would be wise to contact support.
III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2010, 02:48   #37
deanbean10
Inactive

Services: 10mb XL TV Package.
deanbean10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Im having trouble to work out whether or not I recieved a letter about getting an E-mail address with Virgin Media. Is there any ways i could find out about it?
deanbean10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 16:57   #38
Buzzby
Inactive

Services: TV + Phone + 200mB internet from now virgin
Buzzby is on a distinguished roadBuzzby is on a distinguished road

My e-mails are still down. Have been up & down for weeks. I managed to get one working by creating a new address@virginmedia.com. It seems to work via firefox but not windows live mail using virgins settings. All my other a/c's fail no matter I use a browser or WLM.

Buzzby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 17:43   #39
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzby View Post
My e-mails are still down. Have been up & down for weeks. I managed to get one working by creating a new address@virginmedia.com. It seems to work via firefox but not windows live mail using virgins settings. All my other a/c's fail no matter I use a browser or WLM.

Get a Gmail or windows email account and forward your VM emails to the new address
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 23:21   #40
Buzzby
Inactive

Services: TV + Phone + 200mB internet from now virgin
Buzzby is on a distinguished roadBuzzby is on a distinguished road

Thanks Gavin.It was tricky and not easy. My partner has 2 Virgin TV, net & phone a/c's one hers and one her daughters who has mental health issues so mum has to control it. My partner is not PC savvy at all.
The system will not let you have the same e-mail address for 2 a/c's. I am on one with her e-mail on her daughters. It didn't help that Windows Live Mail ( WLM )is now out of support.
My 2 old e-mail a/c's are now working also with a new virginmedia one. My partner has a new virginmedia addy that works. I now use thunderbird.
Trying to export Windows live mail addresses will work, exporting the messages wont.
I still have WLM on my PC and I can save any messages I need to keep bnefore I delete it.

Buzzby is offline   Reply With Quote