Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Azurewave wireless router

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Azurewave wireless router

Old 09-07-2008, 11:32   #1
zero1
Inactive

zero1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Azurewave wireless router

hi. just searching the web for some help regarding my new router. i found this site on the way round. i would like to say hi & praise up my OLD 520 wireless router that has given us good service. my connection is a STD 2mb broadband
thats been increased to 4mb i believe .. although tests indicate otherwise.
---
Our old router (still working .. at least till now) is a Azurewave gr-520. it was bought for my son to get him connected upstairs to a laptop. im in the throws of having a new broadband line connected at my mums so i can use a laptop there. i now have 2 days to sort something ... & its running out fast.
----
my new azurewave gr-580 arrived from ebay this morning at 7.30 !!! well an hour later i had phoned Virgin to find out what the password is so that i can connect to the azurewave site for secure MAC set up. ZZZzzzzzzz
well aparently Virgin have no dealings with wireless routers .. so i have to get answers from the router maker. i emailed them at 8.56am today.
i have scoured the net desperately to get a clue .. & it seems that im not alone with this problem.
---
Anyhow ive been down this path with pc,s before & sometimes its easier to buy another device that works if the 1st one fails to .. & sell the affending one on ebay .. albeit money is lost but it saves headaches. so im not really holding my breath on this one .. but any help of course would be a great help to us.
i dont expect anyone to know the username & password required to access Azurewaves site .. (how crazy is that) .. but if possible fantastic.

thats it .. thanks for viewing .. russ

---------- Post added at 10:32 ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 ----------

oh PS ... nearly forgot to explain. the IP address i was given in the instruction booklet is >>>

http://192.168.0.1

this is as far as i get as it asks for the name & password.

thnx russ
zero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-07-2008, 11:36   #2
lucevans
Inactive

lucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of lightlucevans is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Azurewave wireless router

have you tried the old standard- username: "admin" / password: "admin" ?

Failing that, try "user" / "user" or "root" / "root"
lucevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:39   #3
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

Some of the basics. Power off the modem, before connecting your new router, then power on. The modem won't detect the new connection unless you do this.

The only password you should need is one for the router itself. You'll need that to setup the wireless security and stuff, but get a wired connection running first. If the router is second hand, do a reset to factory settings, the manual should show the default router password.

I am of course assuming that you have a cable compatible router, i.e. it does not have a built in ADSL modem.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:23   #4
zero1
Inactive

hi there. fast replies. 1st i tried the USER - ADMIN - ROOT with no joy. then i tried resetting everything & re-boot .. with all the leads unplugged. by the way the router is inline at this moment. it seems to work as a THRU port ok.
well no joy so far. i may try another reset again. thanks for your time in helping.

---------- Post added at 12:23 ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 ----------

im having another study of the "quick guide" that came with the device. it says
*user name:enter your PPPoe user name
password:enter your PPPoe password

whats a PPPoe? ... hope its not a BT conection required .. ha ha. that would be typical.

mmmmm?
Old 09-07-2008, 12:29   #5
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

On a cable connection you shouldn't need to enter any password to the router to get an internet connection. The router should be connected via ethernet and it's WAN port to the ethernet port of the cable modem. The PC(s) can be connected via ethernet to the LAN (Network) side port(s) of the router, or usinng wireless once you have that configured.

---------- Post added at 12:29 ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 ----------

I'm trying to find the specifications for your new router, but "Azurewave gr-580" isn't showing any links on Are you sure that is the correct model?
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:37   #6
Angry@VMedia
Permanently Banned

Angry@VMedia can only hope to improve

I think the best thing to do first, would be to locate the "reset" switch on the router, should be somewhere at the back, and press this for around 5 seconds, this should clear all previous settings, which would be usefull if you dont know the password that is on there..

Also, PPPoe is not compatible with cable, as the option would be Dynamic, as apposed to PPPoe, as if I am right int hinking, this is for dial-up connections (or the like)
Angry@VMedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:41   #7
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero1 View Post

im having another study of the "quick guide" that came with the device. it says
*user name:enter your PPPoe user name
password:enter your PPPoe password

whats a PPPoe? ... hope its not a BT conection required .. ha ha. that would be typical.

mmmmm?
I think that may indicate you actually have an ADSL router which won't work on cable. I'm sure someone else will be able to provide a definite answer.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:50   #8
Angry@VMedia
Permanently Banned

Angry@VMedia can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry@VMedia View Post
Also, PPPoe is not compatible with cable, as the option would be Dynamic, as apposed to PPPoe, as if I am right int hinking, this is for dial-up connections (or the like)
See above!!
Angry@VMedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 13:23   #9
zero1
Inactive

hi again. ooops .. oh dear. i had a sneaky feeling that it may be a BT type router. as i got it from ebay at such a bargain price & new. oh well. my fault.
Sorry for any confusion .. the model is NR-580. its the only one shown that has all those aerials sticking out the top.
well ok .. i have to thank u all for your troubles. i will re-consider another (cheep & fast) router thats more compatible. if i understood all this tech stuff better i would have not got in a mess.
thnx russ

ps. brilliant site ...
heres a ebay item number of simular device to mine. 140246752183
since i had the previous model i thought this would be ok.

---------- Post added at 13:23 ---------- Previous post was at 13:03 ----------

sorry im goning to have to reply again. having looked at the SPEC on the PDF manual P6 .. it says it does support cable (DHCP Client),ADSL Modem (PPPoe) PPTP,Static IP. whatever that is.??

im off out now but will have another look later. THANKS GUYS.
Old 09-07-2008, 13:27   #10
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero1 View Post

sorry im goning to have to reply again. having looked at the SPEC on the PDF manual P6 .. it says it does support cable (DHCP Client),ADSL Modem (PPPoe) PPTP,Static IP. whatever that is.??

im off out now but will have another look later. THANKS GUYS.
Actually, I was just going to post that (having looked at www.azwave.com). So, it should work on Cable. The question now is how!
Old 15-08-2008, 11:54   #11
The Dude
Inactive

The Dude is an unknown quantity at this point

Wo! glad to hear it does support cable. I've bought the same router & am waiting for my laptop to be returned before I set it up. Fingers crossed; I did say that I was with cable Virgin/NTL & was assured the Azure AW-NR580 would work with cable.
Great site & this router is new so no probs with previous passwords. Will it work?
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2008, 21:48   #12
zero1
Inactive

hi. if U get any joy with connecting to the azure site to set it up .. please let me know & maybee theres something i missed. its still in the box how i recieved it. it would be nice to use it!
ive emailed Azure at least 4-times now & got NO REPLY!
they obviously couldnt care less. ive had this with some companies before. some say .. well your email was probably rejected as spam .. but if i sent it via their help desk ??? why no responce.?? its been weeks.
anyhow please let me know if U have more success than i did.
russ
Old 20-12-2008, 21:28   #13
illy
Inactive

illy is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got the same problem... can't connect the bloomimg thing, and after try for a while, it started to ask me for a password... and i ain't set one up?!?! can anyone help?
illy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2008, 22:38   #14
caph
cf.geek

caph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to allcaph is a name known to all

Hmmm, mixed messages in other threads. This one looks gloomy:-

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/87...-problems.html

This one looks more promising but probably doesn't help much:-

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/87...-wireless.html

At least you know someone got it working!
caph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2009, 10:25   #15
DanDevUK
Inactive

DanDevUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there all!

Had exactly the same problem not being able to access the admin panel (http://192.162.0.1) of and AzureWave AW-NR580 as the router had thrown up the Username and Password box.

To solve the problem I held the RESET button in for around 10 seconds until all the lights went out and the router rebooted.

Once the router had rebooted, I went to the admin page I was not asked for the password and could continue to set up the router and now works GREAT!!

Hope this helps others!!
DanDevUK is offline   Reply With Quote