Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Actiontec 54 Mbps Wireless Cable/DSL Router

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Actiontec 54 Mbps Wireless Cable/DSL Router

Old 07-05-2008, 19:50   #1
mac4
Inactive

mac4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Actiontec 54 Mbps Wireless Cable/DSL Router

Hi
I have been using my router and realised that I am not secure, however I cannot seem to be able to get into the settings to select secure network, I went to the site http://198 etc only to find you have to put in a password which I dont have. I emailed Actiontec and they tell me to reset the router which I must say I am loath to do it was a pain setting up in the first place. Does anyone know how I can get into the settings to make my network secure!! without the reset
Thanks
mac4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-05-2008, 09:35   #2
Aragorn
Inactive

Aragorn has a nice shiny star
Aragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny star
Re: Actiontec 54 Mbps Wireless Cable/DSL Router

According to Google -
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionTec FAQ
What is the default username for the router?
The default username for the router is admin all lower case. To activate the password to protect the router you must change the default password, which is blank. You will also not be able to turn on remote management until you have changed the default password.
If it is not blank, it has been set by someone - have you tried 'password'. If it was supplied by NTL/Virgin, try ringing the tech support line. I assume you have checked there isn't a sticker on the bottom?
If all that fails, then yes you will prob need to reset.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 17:04   #3
mac4
Inactive

mac4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Actiontec 54 Mbps Wireless Cable/DSL Router

Hi
when I get onto the http://198 etc I am met with a box where I need to put in the username and the password is blank, I have never entered a password, are you suggesting just typing in "password" I am going to give it a try I, I suppose I will eventually reset. Thanks for the input.
mac4 is offline   Reply With Quote