Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 16-10-2014, 00:13   #2371
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acathla View Post
Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare now available in the EA Access Vault for those with access.
Excellent!
Old 16-10-2014, 10:23   #2372
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

For anyone not in the Preview the October update is now live.
Old 16-10-2014, 10:37   #2373
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
For anyone not in the Preview the October update is now live.
just did mine
Dave42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2014, 22:48   #2374
Ianmez78
Inactive

Services: VM VIP Pack 2nd TIVO & MUTV
Ianmez78 is on a distinguished roadIanmez78 is on a distinguished road

Is it possible to use the bluray drive on the xboxone as a bluray recorder if not could a software update add this functionality thanks for any replies
Ianmez78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2014, 23:54   #2375
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianmez78 View Post
Is it possible to use the bluray drive on the xboxone as a bluray recorder if not could a software update add this functionality thanks for any replies
No you can't do that it is just a regular drive, and a software update cant change this.
Old 20-10-2014, 18:05   #2376
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

I'm getting really tempted to get the Xbox one with Forza 5, I've been speaking with a few of my online friends who say it's pretty awesome, and being a huge fan even now of Forza 4 I'm really tempted.

Can I ask, and apologies as I've not read the entire thread, if any of you fps gamers out there have noticed a reduction in how the console deals with lag, as I also fancy the new Advance Warfare.

Network related issues aside does the Xbox one offer a more balanced game.
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2014, 19:31   #2377
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

The only network issues I suffered with any FPS games were with Battlefield 4, and that was down to it being *broken* at launch.

A stream of updates from EA DICE have since apparently finally fixed BF4's issues on each platform, but I'd long since abandoned it for Titanfall by then.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2014, 19:32   #2378
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabscars View Post
I'm getting really tempted to get the Xbox one with Forza 5, I've been speaking with a few of my online friends who say it's pretty awesome, and being a huge fan even now of Forza 4 I'm really tempted.

Can I ask, and apologies as I've not read the entire thread, if any of you fps gamers out there have noticed a reduction in how the console deals with lag, as I also fancy the new Advance Warfare.

Network related issues aside does the Xbox one offer a more balanced game.
I haven't had any lag with my X1 in games like Forza, BF 4, call of duty ghosts, or in any game i have tried.

If you do buy an X1 i recommend getting EA Access which is pay £20 a year and you get to use the games in the vault for free, currently 6 games in there and it is great value if you don't have those games.

http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/en_GB.html

Current games in the vault you play for free are:

Battlefield 4
Need for speed Rivals
Peggle 2
FIFI 14
Maden NFL 25
Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warefare
Old 20-10-2014, 20:00   #2379
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I haven't had any lag with my X1 in games like Forza, BF 4, call of duty ghosts, or in any game i have tried.

If you do buy an X1 i recommend getting EA Access which is pay £20 a year and you get to use the games in the vault for free, currently 6 games in there and it is great value if you don't have those games.

http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/en_GB.html

Current games in the vault you play for free are:

Battlefield 4
Need for speed Rivals
Peggle 2
FIFI 14
Maden NFL 25
Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warefare
Cheers Snoop that's interesting to know, worth it just BF4 on its own really.

---------- Post added at 19:52 ---------- Previous post was at 19:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
The only network issues I suffered with any FPS games were with Battlefield 4, and that was down to it being *broken* at launch.

A stream of updates from EA DICE have since apparently finally fixed BF4's issues on each platform, but I'd long since abandoned it for Titanfall by then.
Cheers Matt, It's always good to know how things are in the real world.

---------- Post added at 20:00 ---------- Previous post was at 19:52 ----------

I've got a mate who can get 20 percent staff discount from a well known Supermarket this weekend, so time to turn the charm up to Defcon 4 with the Mrs ��
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2014, 14:48   #2380
damien c
cf.mega poster

Services: Tivo, 100mb, Mobile
damien c has reached the bronze age
damien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze age

Not had any lag which was related to the servers on games until yesterday, which was on Destiny to the point that it was pretty much not playable.

Had plenty of lag caused by frames being dropped due to the low end hardware in the consoles, struggling to do games at more than 720p 30fps or 60fps.

Honestly I cannot see these consoles lasting more than 3 years before new ones are out.
Old 21-10-2014, 15:18   #2381
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by damien c View Post
Not had any lag which was related to the servers on games until yesterday, which was on Destiny to the point that it was pretty much not playable.

Had plenty of lag caused by frames being dropped due to the low end hardware in the consoles, struggling to do games at more than 720p 30fps or 60fps.

Honestly I cannot see these consoles lasting more than 3 years before new ones are out.
Strange i don't see lag at 1080p or 720p on my X1.
Old 21-10-2014, 17:11   #2382
damien c
cf.mega poster

Services: Tivo, 100mb, Mobile
damien c has reached the bronze age
damien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Strange i don't see lag at 1080p or 720p on my X1.
Not many games actually run at 1080p 60fps, but the likes of Titanfall and Call Of Duty Ghost's drop frames every couple of minutes, it's not something most people would notice but I can feel it when playing the games and in bad occasions I can see it and those games iirc run at 720p 60fps or 900p 60fps.

Destiny doesn't really suffer but I have noticed it once, but only once and that was after I had been on Destiny for 8 hours solid.

The issue that Microsoft and Sony have is that they went with AMD for both the CPU and GPU and, when you look at what these systems are expected to do then the components chosen when combined won't do it.

The consoles have a 8 core cpu and a single graphics card and 8Gb of shared ram when it should have been 4Gb system ram and 6Gb dedicated Vram, and with both the CPU and GPU being low end stuff they struggle like crazy which is why most games coming out are 900p 60fps, because they just cannot get them to 1080p 60fps and that is on both consoles.

The CPU would have been a good choice had they gone for a decent graphics chip, but as they went with AMD for the graphics they were instantly never going to hit the 1080p 60fps performance that they wanted, because the last gen AMD cards that could do that performance were to hot and pricey, and the same with the current gen.

Nvidia were not really any better but if they had got the money from the consoles, then Maxwell could have been brought out sooner and all games would be running, at 1080p 60fps easily and then the consoles would last longer than the 3 years I predict before there are new consoles coming out.
Old 21-10-2014, 17:16   #2383
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I didn't think that the hardware was low end at all. Remember these are games consoles, not gaming PCs. No need for crazy amounts of RAM.

Most consoles go for many years and tend not to be at their strongest till after a few years. When the programmers have worked out how to best utilise the systems. Give it another year and all games will probably be 1080p without any problems.
Old 21-10-2014, 20:50   #2384
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I hope this thread doesn't turn into a specs of console discussion, it has been fine until now.

The preview program is rolling out the November update, so should get it any day now.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/10/xbox-one-november-preview
Old 21-10-2014, 23:24   #2385
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I've already got the November preview

Can't find any decent Achievement images to set as wallpaper though
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote