Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What is your favourite Sci Fi Series

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

What is your favourite Sci Fi Series
View Poll Results: What is your Favourite Sci Fi Series
Andromeda 4 9.76%
Dr Who 14 34.15%
Babylon 5 12 29.27%
X Files 7 17.07%
Star Trek The Original Series 8 19.51%
Primeval 4 9.76%
Supernatural 5 12.20%
Torchwood 11 26.83%
Smallville 5 12.20%
Heroes 6 14.63%
Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles 6 14.63%
Twilight Zone 1 2.44%
Blakes 7 6 14.63%
Battlestar Galactica 10 24.39%
The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy 6 14.63%
Stargate Atlantis 8 19.51%
Stargate Universe 8 19.51%
Star Trek Voyager 8 19.51%
Star Trek Enterprise 6 14.63%
Star Trek The Next Generation 12 29.27%
Star Trek Deep Space Nine 8 19.51%
Taken 2 4.88%
Dark Skies 6 14.63%
Falling Skies 0 0%
Roswell 1 2.44%
Lost in Space 3 7.32%
Quantum Leap 2 4.88%
Planet Of The Apes 1 2.44%
The Time Tunnel 2 4.88%
Other 13 31.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2011, 16:58   #1
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
What is your favourite Sci Fi Series

I have several series which l am enjoying at the moment and those would be Babylon 5 and Star Trek Deep Space Nine and of the older series which l love are Land Of The Giants and Planet Of The Apes and several others as well.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-07-2011, 17:12   #2
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: What is your favourite Sci Fi Series

Babylon 5 is my all time favorite ,i have them all on my NAS drive and can quite happily watch the whole series over and over again

closely followed by SGI/Atlantis (universe was the sorriest piece of telly ever)

Andromeda wasn't too bad either
Old 10-07-2011, 17:13   #3
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
Babylon 5 is my all time favorite ,i have them all on my NAS drive and can quite happily watch the whole series over and over again

closely followed by SGI/Atlantis (universe was the sorriest piece of telly ever)

Andromeda wasn't too bad either
Yes l just bought the Babylon 5 series for £55 on Amazon and to me thats a bargain.
Old 10-07-2011, 17:30   #4
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

Sapphire and Steel. It scared the willies out of me as a kid and I still love it.
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 17:48   #5
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew View Post
Sapphire and Steel. It scared the willies out of me as a kid and I still love it.
Yes it had David McCallum and Joanna Lumley starring in it.
Old 10-07-2011, 17:50   #6
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Earth 2
The War of the Worlds (season 1 - season 2 was crap)
Something is Out There
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 17:51   #7
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

I used to really like the X Files and also The 4400 but it got axed.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 18:20   #8
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes l just bought the Babylon 5 series for £55 on Amazon and to me thats a bargain.
yes it was ,i did start to collect the sg1 dvd's through a mag subscription untill i realised it would cost about £200
Old 10-07-2011, 18:23   #9
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
yes it was ,i did start to collect the sg1 dvd's through a mag subscription untill i realised it would cost about £200
Yes l just looked on Amazon and it is £150 for the full set which is a lot of money.
Old 10-07-2011, 19:26   #10
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Dross like Andromeda in that list, yet no Firefly? Atlantis & Universe, yet no SG-1?

BSG... Original, or re-imagining?

For me... nuBSG, B5, SG-1, Firefly, and The X Files. I love Doctor Who (old & new), but it's not at the top of my list. The first season of Heroes was excellent, the rest were... not.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 20:31   #11
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Cool Re: What is your favourite Sci Fi Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew View Post
http://youtu.be/_gjHmEUiaxo
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 20:56   #12
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

SG-1 should be on the list!
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 21:20   #13
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Dross like Andromeda in that list, yet no Firefly? Atlantis & Universe, yet no SG-1?
No Farscape either.

Falling Skies is included and that hasn't even aired a full season yet and Heroes makes the list over The 4400? It's absurd

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 21:33   #14
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nikon View Post
I have them all on DVD anyway.
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 21:51   #15
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
SG-1 should be on the list!
Certainly should. It spawned Atlantis and Universe (which are in the poll even though their parent isn't), and once held the record for longest consecutive running science fiction TV series (until it was recently beaten by Superman's Creek ).

I was tempted to edit the poll to add it, but there's no space left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
No Farscape either.

Falling Skies is included and that hasn't even aired a full season yet and Heroes makes the list over The 4400? It's absurd

Yup...
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote