Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

[Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Old 30-03-2017, 15:46   #1816
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Can we leave your bottom out of this please?

You can't "roll back" to w7 although you can reinstall a fresh copy and then install a back-up copy if you have one.

The "roll back" option is only available for 30 days and doesn't always work successfully.

Nothing wrong with my bottom , I do know you cannot roll back. I still have my windows 7 key and disk thank god.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-04-2017, 00:15   #1817
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

For the those of you who are eager to get the Creators Update right away, you will be able to initiate the update manually, starting on April 5th, via Update Assistant. This option is intended for advanced users on devices running a licensed version of Windows 10.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexp...DxOkciXRLpC.97
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 11:05   #1818
mart44
Inactive

mart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Nothing wrong with my bottom , I do know you cannot roll back. I still have my windows 7 key and disk thank god.
Will it still activate after installation though ..I mean the OS of course.
mart44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 19:25   #1819
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

media creation tool now downloads windows 10 creators update build 15063

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/soft...load/windows10
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (40.1 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Dave42; 05-04-2017 at 19:34.
Old 05-04-2017, 20:28   #1820
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart44 View Post

I will find out once the latest update has installed and i to see if they have blocked the ability to block the adverts.

Old 05-04-2017, 21:03   #1821
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

What is this update all about as the name is strange?

Edit

Just Googled it so ignore the question.

Last edited by SnoopZ; 05-04-2017 at 21:14.
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 00:36   #1822
mart44
Inactive

mart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation era

I managed to download the Creators Update early and have clean installed it. The system is more or less built up to requirements and works OK. Quite a few possibly unwanted games and Apps are installed by default. I uninstalled most of them. The ones that wouldn't uninstall were taken off the tiled Start Menu.

I went carefully through the options and turned off anything that might have been related to advertising and haven't had any ads showing up.

The Control Panel looks as if it has been omitted at first glance but it is still there (type 'control panel' with the Start Menu open). It can be pinned to the Start Menu and from there, to the Taskbar. It might be possible to put it back where it used to be but I haven't found how yet.

The options to resize text only (menu, icon etc.) have been removed. It would have been better to have left them in. I don't like zooming all screen elements to more than 100%. The sizes of icon text, menu text and others can still be resized but it has to be done via .reg files (available from the Windows 10 Forums). Seems pointless to have left the controls out of the Personalise options.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:48   #1823
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Yes, I did a friends laptop over the weekend.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 21:26   #1824
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

ive downloaded the latest creators update and it resets all settings on the pc inc default apps etc.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 21:31   #1825
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
ive downloaded the latest creators update and it resets all settings on the pc inc default apps etc.
just change them to what you want
Old 09-04-2017, 13:18   #1826
mart44
Inactive

A few days into using the update now. A few customisations of the tiled Start Menu upset it for a while. Tile positioning wasn't remembered but that looks to have settled down now.

All in all, the OS is running well and there hasn't been any of the advertising I've been reading about. Then again, trying Microsoft operating systems for oneself always could be a different experience to what is read about them.
Old 09-04-2017, 19:33   #1827
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
A few days into using the update now. A few customisations of the tiled Start Menu upset it for a while. Tile positioning wasn't remembered but that looks to have settled down now.

All in all, the OS is running well and there hasn't been any of the advertising I've been reading about. Then again, trying Microsoft operating systems for oneself always could be a different experience to what is read about them.

I made sure the adverts were turned off in the setting before i updated. I do not give microsoft the chance to turn things on these days. There invasive monitoring made aure that loaded software to stop it months ago.

this is the software i use to stop them.

https://www.safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/

Old 10-04-2017, 16:51   #1828
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Put down your coffee and admire the sheer amount of data Windows 10 Creators Update will slurp from your PC
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/0...eators_update/
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 18:57   #1829
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

My work PC has been updated to the latest revision (16.x) IIRC.

I has removed the ability to adjust the font sizes in open windows.

The only way to make them bigger is use magnification, but this messes up the icon sizes. (Advanced Display options has been removed)

Even the IT guy can't see how to adjust this.
Old 10-04-2017, 20:38   #1830
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

my pc running tech preview can't have privacy changed down to basic, so I may ditch it on that, which is a shame. I've set it back to basic on the laptop, sure I did that before, so maybe ppl are right and it does get reverted by M$ after an update. Data is the new currency after all
admars is offline   Reply With Quote