Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The death of Scottish football?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

The death of Scottish football?

Old 14-02-2012, 15:58   #1
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
The death of Scottish football?

With Glasgow Rangers FC about to go into administration within the next hour, the question people in scottish football should be asking is can scottish football survive without them.

My personal opinion is scottish football will struggle, even Glasgow Celtic will struggle depite wha tthere chairman says.

If rangers go bust which is very likely now it is pretty much garanteed the tv rights will have to be redone since the rights are depentent on rangers and celtic matches i dnt mean the old firm one thata serperate issue, so scottish football will be either without tv money or very little of what they get jsut now. most scottish teams depend on teh tv money so without it any that are in finical diffuculies are most liekly goign to go bust to liek hearts.

Now this begs a bigger question if this starts to happen quickly will there be a football teams to play in sotland season 2012/2013?

I think scottish footbal is now on the verge of it biggest shake up since it creation, the sply,sfl and sfa will have to completely redo scottish football leagues and enforce rules to make sure nothing liek this happens again

Thoughts?

---------- Post added at 14:58 ---------- Previous post was at 14:56 ----------

Edit make that glasgow rangers are in administration as of 10 minutes ago
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-02-2012, 16:21   #2
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: The death of Scottish football?

Yip right here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-17026172
Old 14-02-2012, 17:13   #3
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Scottish Football is already struggling badly. I think the end result of this will be the Old Firm being even weaker than it is at the moment.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2012, 17:31   #4
chris9991
Inactive

chris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant futurechris9991 has a brilliant future

Just the shame the taxman will lose all that money; someone else will have to pay I guess
chris9991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2012, 18:04   #5
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Have you watched SPl games? It is dire at best, even celtic vs rangers is pretty bad

So don't see it as doom and gloom..as it couldn't get much worse
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2012, 18:35   #6
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
Have you watched SPl games? It is dire at best, even celtic vs rangers is pretty bad

You get to see some MMA though.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2012, 18:45   #7
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

For something to die, it must first be alive.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2012, 18:51   #8
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

There was a time where Rangers and Celtic were saying they wanted to join the English leagues, so if that was ok then..why is it suddenly a death sentence to Scottish Football now?

Beware what you wish for...I only want a £1m from the lottery
Old 14-02-2012, 19:05   #9
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post

I didn't fully appreciate the direness of the SPL until I attended a conference at Easter Road and made a point of wandering round the place until I found a window where I could look out onto the pitch.

The overall effect was comparable with Prenton Park (Tranmere Rovers, English League 1) where I used to go on Friday nights (we all really wanted to go to Anfield but it was too expensive and the wrong side of the river ).
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2012, 19:07   #10
colin25
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I didn't fully appreciate the direness of the SPL until I attended a conference at Easter Road and made a point of wandering round the place until I found a window where I could look out onto the pitch.

The overall effect was comparable with Prenton Park (Tranmere Rovers, English League 1) where I used to go on Friday nights (we all really wanted to go to Anfield but it was too expensive and the wrong side of the river ).
Though to be fair..easter Road has always been a dire place
Old 14-02-2012, 19:08   #11
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

From what I've been told the SPL is barely Champions league.
Old 14-02-2012, 19:17   #12
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age

the spl as it is , is a crap league i wont deny that but i mean teh wider picture if rangers go completely under can scottish teams survive and not go bust to because of the tv money going and the money comign from away teams getting rangers fan money
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2012, 19:30   #13
colin25
Inactive

maybe they need to only pay what they can afford...perhaps it becomes part-time..or youth league
To be honest, not sure I would notice any drop in quality

---------- Post added at 18:30 ---------- Previous post was at 18:30 ----------

Or, Man City's owners could buy Scotland
Old 14-02-2012, 20:30   #14
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

I don't think that Rangers will be last major team to be threatened with bankruptcy.. Even the English Premiere League is showing heavy losses.. http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...ces-black-hole
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2012, 20:40   #15
colin25
Inactive

Wages to players has become unsustainable...not sure what the %pay increases are, but they must be giving the bankers a good run

So for a few clubs to go to the wall means wages become a bit more realistic, I don't see that as a bad thing