Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Has a new SW file been sent to Hub2 ac users?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Has a new SW file been sent to Hub2 ac users?

Old 06-02-2017, 22:53   #16
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: Has a new SW file been sent to Hub2 ac users?

I am on SH3, yet my config file has changed too. The downstream max traffic rate is now at 345000000. I noticed this after I got some speed test results consistently higher than usual. I usually max out at 317Mb. I am now consistently getting 331Mb. I'm pretty sure the old config was something like 325000000. Software version = 9.1.116V

Any explanation anyone?

Last edited by roughbeast; 06-02-2017 at 23:22.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2017, 00:22   #17
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Yes looks like a new config file for VIVID 300

New

Old

Last edited by Martin_D; 07-02-2017 at 01:43.
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 01:50   #18
Jon22
cf.addict

Jon22 is on a distinguished roadJon22 is on a distinguished road

Got a new config file for Vivid 100 as well. Was 110100000, now 115100000.
Jon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 07:10   #19
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_D View Post

New

Old

I can't really remember my old downstream max figure, but the increase in speed I have gained is around 16Mb. Your max traffic rate in your config hasn't gone up that much. I'm struggling to explain the improvement in speed just based upon the max traffic rate. What was your typical off-peak down speed before the upgrade?
Old 07-02-2017, 07:28   #20
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

off-peak 310 at best

Data from samknows box

Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 07:32   #21
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

So your measured speed increase is around 23Mb. Can that be accounted for with your reported config max traffic rate alone?
Old 07-02-2017, 09:08   #22
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Looks like there's been a new non-gamer 200Mbps config as well, now at 230000000 which I believe only the gamer config was at previously.

Looking at previous speedtests from last week, I've gone from around 208/210 to 220/222

Although I stand to be corrected
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 16:28   #23
dannytc
Inactive

dannytc is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_D View Post

New

Old

Great news, I posted noticing similar boost on my 300mb

dannytc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 12:11   #24
olisun
cf.member

olisun is on a distinguished roadolisun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic View Post
Looks like there's been a new non-gamer 200Mbps config as well, now at 230000000 which I believe only the gamer config was at previously.
I had my speed set to the above for some time now and I thought that was the normal for the 200mb.
olisun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 12:17   #25
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Ok I stand corrected then. So I wonder why they only boosted the 100 / 300 packages...
Old 08-02-2017, 12:54   #26
JPAC
cf.addict

JPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to all

Quote:
Ok I stand corrected then. So I wonder why they only boosted the 100 / 300 packages...
Trying not to annoy further those who still haven't got a speed increase from 18 months ago?
JPAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 13:33   #27
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

nothing for is SH3 users.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 14:13   #28
rtho782
cf.addict

rtho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nice

I'm on a SH3, have moved from 330 to 345.

You might have to reboot the SH3. I did.
rtho782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 14:15   #29
Synthetic
cf.geek

I'll try a reboot of my SH3 tonight and note the rate before and after
Old 08-02-2017, 18:30   #30
SCA1972
Inactive

Services: TV XL, V6 & Vivid 200 with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000
SCA1972 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I only got the tiny boost to 230000000 yesterday when I rebooted my hub, so it wasn't the non gamer 200 tier norm a few weeks ago. This is the second small increase I have seen since moving to 200.
SCA1972 is offline   Reply With Quote