Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Episode 8)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Episode 8)

Old 16-07-2017, 01:57   #16
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Episode 8) teaser

A new behind the scenes clip was shown off at D23 today.

Old 16-07-2017, 06:50   #17
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblegun
I hope this film does something different rather just the re-hash of the first and third films that the last one was. Looks like it will be another Empire Strikes Back where all hope is almost lost but for an "I'm your father" moment, just before Luke dies. That's my guess..
Thats all they seem to be able to do now.... Take old things which were beautiful and make them crap.........

Pretty sad....
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 12:38   #18
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Thats all they seem to be able to do now.... Take old things which were beautiful and make them crap.........

Pretty sad....
That is a shame and I think you should give it a chance. They are never going to beat the original trilogy but I think this one looks really good. Episode VII was a bit of a copy cat but I am dying to see Luke teach Rey the ways of the Force in this one and hopefully get some of John Williams' theme music in there.

You really need to give it a chance. I am more cynical than most people and as soon as I heard they were making standalone movies a few years ago I sighed and moaned and said they were just doing it for the £££. When the trailer for Rogue One came out I was speechless. I went to the midnight premiere for it and was blown away and it is now my favourite Star Wars movie out of the whole lot.

I think some of the cheesy cute animals spoil it for me because you can tell they have been put in for effect (like the remastered versions of the original trilogy) but I like to focus on the story and the characters. This one is going to be special because it is the last time we are ever going to see Leia.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 20:53   #19
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
A new behind the scenes clip was shown off at D23 today.

Excellent.
Old 09-10-2017, 13:53   #20
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

so there was 10 second teaser last night, ready for the new trailer which premiers in the ad break of a "football" match in USA tonight, followed by ticket sales,...

Quote:
Stay on target! UK tickets for The Last Jedi will be on sale at 7AM on Tuesday and the new trailer will debut even earlier. MTFBWY

Last edited by admars; 09-10-2017 at 14:13.
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 16:36   #21
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Where did you get that info from. I dont believe they are going to put them up for advanced booking before Justice League comes out. Last year they wouldnt release the tickets for Rogue One until Fantastic Beasts was out and that was something like 20th November.

---------- Post added at 15:36 ---------- Previous post was at 14:57 ----------

I have just got an email from Odeon. Tickets go on sale tomorrow morning at 0700.

Last edited by General Maximus; 09-10-2017 at 16:05.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:27   #22
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

The Last Jedi trailer is out.

Last edited by Stephen; 10-10-2017 at 08:57.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 07:37   #23
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

tickets booked I remember this happened last year, they were meant to go on sale 23:00 for Rogue one, but I got myself ready logged in at 22:30 and got them.
Old 10-10-2017, 08:16   #24
General Maximus
Ran Away

Odeon are absolutely terrible. It is 07:15 and the tickets still aren't available.

Last edited by Stephen; 10-10-2017 at 08:56. Reason: Language
Old 10-10-2017, 08:24   #25
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Odeon are absolutely terrible. It is 07:15 and the tickets still aren't available.
Either that or their site has gone down General.

Last edited by Stephen; 10-10-2017 at 08:57.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:42   #26
General Maximus
Ran Away

Not yet, you can tell loads of people are on it because it is very sluggish. It crashed last year when they putthe tickets up for Rogue One at midnight. It took me 40 mins before i finally got them.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:17   #27
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Not yet, you can tell loads of people are on it because it is very sluggish. It crashed last year when they putthe tickets up for Rogue One at midnight. It took me 40 mins before i finally got them.
To be perfectly honest their site ain't that good in my opinion as its poorly laid out and pretty slow as well.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:20   #28
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Got my ticket booked. Midnight showing at my Glasgow Cineworld sold out in 2D and 3D so have had to book the double feature showing with Force Awakens starting at 9pm on the 13th.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:01   #29
admars
cf.mega poster

I got my tickets at 6:30 for Odeon, like last year the "broke" the embargo, I remember year before it was painfully slow when they went on sale.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:13   #30
DocDutch
argh

Services: full house package
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze
DocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronzeDocDutch is cast in bronze

tickets booked at Showcase for the 14th
DocDutch is offline   Reply With Quote