Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 2 or more mobiles on one contract?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

New SIM only tarriffs - why not try this ?

Old 27-05-2008, 22:56   #1
jbrennand
Inactive

jbrennand is an unknown quantity at this point
New SIM only tarriffs - why not try this ?

Thinking about the new Liberty SIM tariffs - they don't seem to go far enough for me. I reckon Virgin could clean up the market with a SIM only tariff structure summat like...

10 mins + 10 texts - £2 per month
50 mins + 50 texts - £5 per month
100 mins + 100 texts - £8 per month
200 mins + 200 texts - £12 per month

... and so on

Perhaps only available for cable customers taking another service? Or for everyone but give VM customers a "sweetener" - rollover ? free Mb's of download ?

I'm sure they would hoover up customers and finish the PAYG market.

Thoughts ?

John
jbrennand is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-05-2008, 23:12   #2
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: New SIM only tarriffs - why not try this ?

I think £2 a month is a bit silly.

I do wish they did a £10 SIM, 500 Texts a month.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 00:44   #3
jbrennand
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
I think £2 a month is a bit silly.
Maybe... But I know quite a few "light users" who just exist on a diet of free SIM's with a £1 credit and then ditch and swap every month or 2 (they exist mainly on incoming calls) - they don't even bother with top-up's. I think these guys and the "older generation" would snap up a £2/month offer - knowing they had no hassle re. topping up every month and that the phone would always be active whenever they needed it for their incoming, emergency calls and occasional outgoing social ones.

Still - i'm not in the marketing business - so what do I know !

John
Old 28-05-2008, 08:16   #4
die5el
Inactive

die5el is just really nicedie5el is just really nicedie5el is just really nicedie5el is just really nicedie5el is just really nicedie5el is just really nice

I just got the dolphin package on orange. Top up a £10 month I get 300 free texts worth £30
20 mins daily mobile Facebook access* worth £9 (Not really bothered about lol)
two Orange Wednesdays worth £8,
die5el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 09:28   #5
WHISTLED
Inactive

WHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of society

Quote:
I think these guys and the "older generation" would snap up a £2/month offer - knowing they had no hassle re. topping up every month and that the phone would always be active whenever they needed it for their incoming, emergency calls and occasional outgoing social ones
You do realise its not a just a competition on who has the most customers - The customers should be profitable as well?!

Im on a liberty SIM 300mins and 200 texts for £20, I get that half price so pay £10, great deal for me and will save me upto £120 a month
WHISTLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 10:07   #6
altis
cf.mega poster

altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star
altis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny staraltis has a nice shiny star

An easy solution for light/irregular users:

http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/gener...t.howdoi.sm087

There's no minimum monthly spend.

And calls drop to 5ppm after the first 5 minutes of each day:
http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/gener...rif.shop.sm018

And you get 'free' roaming etc.
altis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 10:14   #7
handyman
Permanently Banned

Services: M6 Keele
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to handyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHISTLED View Post
You do realise its not a just a competition on who has the most customers - The customers should be profitable as well?!

Im on a liberty SIM 300mins and 200 texts for £20, I get that half price so pay £10, great deal for me and will save me upto £120 a month
Don't you mean per year?
handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 10:26   #8
WHISTLED
Inactive

WHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of societyWHISTLED is a pillar of society

Nope per month...

I have two 'female friends' that both happen to be big on texting at the moment, my bill had been around £135 a month this year. Good thing about VM is you can look online at your usage, I sent 132 texts on Monmday!!??
Old 28-05-2008, 10:39   #9
bob_a_builder
Inactive

bob_a_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_a_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_a_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_a_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_a_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_a_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_a_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_a_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_a_builder is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I sent 132 texts on Monday!!??
My god, your thumbs'll be the first thing to go
bob_a_builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 11:39   #10
Sauron
Inactive

Sauron is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: New SIM only tarriffs - why not try this ?

Quote:
Nope per month...

I have two 'female friends' that both happen to be big on texting at the moment, my bill had been around £135 a month this year. Good thing about VM is you can look online at your usage, I sent 132 texts on Monmday!!??
Or you could go on the 3 mobile texter package and get 500 mins and unlimited texts plus phone for £25 a month.
Sauron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 11:53   #11
WHISTLED
Inactive

I have an N95 so dont need a phone, and that would be 2.5 times more expensive so would seem pointless?
Old 28-05-2008, 19:14   #12
jbrennand
Inactive

Quote:
£2 a month from say, 100,000 to a million folks, who hardly use their phones and have no "running costs" would be profitable enough for me.

John
Old 28-05-2008, 19:20   #13
WHISTLED
Inactive

All customers have running costs
Old 28-05-2008, 20:29   #14
stingray
cf.member

stingray is a name known to allstingray is a name known to allstingray is a name known to allstingray is a name known to allstingray is a name known to allstingray is a name known to allstingray is a name known to allstingray is a name known to all

Quote:
Why do you get it half price ?
Old 28-05-2008, 20:41   #15
WHISTLED
Inactive

Staff